Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there! I was 206 lbs day of surgery, and 220 two weeks prior to that. I'm about 3 1/2 weeks post op and weigh 189.2. Sometimes I get a little discouraged that I'm not losing weight fast like most people do, but I have to remember that I was at a different starting point than others. But still, it seems that I am enduring my first stall and I can't help but feel a little down. I just ordered myself a new outfit so I'm hoping that it perks me up! lol

Talk to your nut, they will help you get out of it. And yes I think because we are under that 200lb mark, it will be a little harder to loose it, but that is just showing that it can be done and we will be ready even that much better for it.

My high weight was 195, and on the day of surgery I was 180 and 5'2". I had high BP, cholesterol, and pre diabetes. Now, almost 3 months later, I'm at 151, and my goal is around 130. It's definitely been a slow process, but worth it. I was able to stop BP meds and cholesterol by my 6 week follow up. Recovery was easier than expected and I have gone from wearing xl shirts to medium.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

THATS FANTASTIC getting off all those meds too. Great job. I’d love to be down to 150s in three months :) that’s my same goal also is around 130. That’s the weight where I’m comfortable at and my wedding bands can fit!!! How did you do on your full liquid diet. I’m 2 days on mine and first day took eight hours to get one shake down. Today (Tuesday) only took about an hour, and couldn’t eat all my oatmeal, let alone anything else.

My highest weight was 215 and I am 5'5. By the time that I went to the surgeon I had dropped to 211 mostly due to a new med that's I had been put on for depression. I was not required to do a liquid diet and on the day of surgery I was 208. I am in week 3 post op and am 191.
I have high blood pressure, my lipid panel is alarming and major back issues (sciatica, scoliosis and degenerative arthritis). The lower back pain that resulted was excruciating (had to roll out of bed every morning). Since the 21 pound weight loss from my high weight I am AMAZED at how much better I feel. Truly blessed to have a realistic way of losing this weight. I may be losing slow but I am keeping my eyes on the non scale victories and the gains in my health.

Yes those little victories like being able to get up, walk down the street, for me it’s too put on my watch band and I can move up a notch!

You are doing good! Can’t wait to start feeling better. Did you get the sleeve or bypass?

18 hours ago, GassyGurl said:

My high weight was 195, and on the day of surgery I was 180 and 5'2". I had high BP, cholesterol, and pre diabetes. Now, almost 3 months later, I'm at 151, and my goal is around 130. It's definitely been a slow process, but worth it. I was able to stop BP meds and cholesterol by my 6 week follow up. Recovery was easier than expected and I have gone from wearing xl shirts to medium.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

I could have written this post! 5'1" starting weight 194 at surgery 8-21-17. Same comorbidities. The weight comes off much slower for us lower start weights. But the measurements are changing and so is the weight! I'm at 157 today. I'm hoping to get between 130-140 as a goal.

I feel really good and am starting to exercise again, something I wasn't able to do for awhile.

On the day of my surgery I was at 211lbs. My goal was to get off my meds for diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol and heart burn. Today, nine weeks out I'm down to 178lbs (33lbs). I'm off all of my meds except for the cholesterol meds. I'm hoping that my next blood test will show a substantial improvement and I'll be off those as well. I wasn't looking for the weight loss others had, I wanted enough of a weight loss to be healthy without medications. I'm also losing weight slowly because I'm 60 and I found out through the forums us seniors lose the weight more slowly.

Hello there. I am three day out. Had sleeve Nov. 7. Start weight was 198 lbs. After two week pre-op diet I was 187. I am 56 and 5' 3" and my goal is to be able to be a healthy weight and have enough energy to work until 65, (I love what I do), and be an active and fun grandmother.

17 hours ago, aquamar61 said:

Hello there. I am three day out. Had sleeve Nov. 7. Start weight was 198 lbs. After two week pre-op diet I was 187. I am 56 and 5' 3" and my goal is to be able to be a healthy weight and have enough energy to work until 65, (I love what I do), and be an active and fun grandmother.

I'm sure you'll give the grand kids a run for the money. Always remember, have faith in the program but most of all have faith in yourself.

I am 5'8" and my highest weight was 256. I was sleeved 8/16/17 and currently weigh 196. It does appear that it takes longer to lose when you have a lower bmi. My BMI was 38 the day of surgery but I had high blood pressure. While I did want to get off of the meds I also wanted to lose the weight. When I got to 200lbs I stalled for several weeks. I have been at 196 for a few days now. How is everyone making out since you first posted this post?

I’m 5’ 2” and my heaviest weight was 223 at the end of August. I had huge fat pockets

at/behind my knees and it was so heavy feeling, my knees hurt constantly with all that weight straining them. I have severe sleep apnea, high cholesterol and pre-diabetic.

My surgery was 10/31 and my weight was 211. I am down to 202 today.

I went back to work after a week and even though I packed puréed lunch, I totally forget to eat during the day. I just don’t get hungry! I was extremely tired when I got home so I’m resolved to using a timer to get my food down. I’m lucky to get two Premier Protein shakes down but those with eggs, Beans and the Ricotta Bake, I’m hoping to get my Protein up. Definitely easier on the weekend when I’m still relaxing to heal up!

Stay the course all, we got this!!!

Starting weight was 220, now I'm down to 186. I'm 4 1/2 weeks out and can keep most foods down. I drink one Premier Protein shake and one generic shake a day. I had my first stall about a week ago but I think that was because I wasn't getting enough Protein or exercising. Although I haven't really been walking, I'm hoping that my uptake of protein will help me lose a bit more weight. My goal weight is 140 so I have quite a bit to go!

34 lbs. !! Outstanding. Maybe small goals for walking? I am doing 1/2 mile walk 3 days a week, with a goal of doing it 5 days. Then will increase the distance; go back to 3 days. Rinse and repeat. Keep up the good work!

I'm at 199....a little disgusted with how slow it is going. Battling Constipation at times. No food aversions so far, canned chicken breast, one scr egg, cottage cheese, ricotta bake, refried Beans all seem fine. I can drink relatively normal liquids. No heartburn except one brand of marinara for the ricotta bake. I run up and down the stairs in my tri-level all day long - at 62 I am in charge of two grade school granddaughters, plus we square dance. Can dance with no issues and right now I am in full house cleaning mode for the holidays - 90% of my house is hardwood floors and a ton of woodwork to polish. So that is my exercise.

Wow! You are one busy lady. Try not to stress on slow weight loss. Unfortunately, it is part of growing older :(
Keep plugging away. It will come off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using BariatricPal mobile app