Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op complications

4 hours ago, Danny Paul said:

Prior to my surgery I was taking omerzapole. Post surgery I continued to take it until last week. It seems with my dramatic diet change I don't get heartburn anymore. As for sleeping I slept in my recliner for two weeks post op. Regrets, are something we experience when we are having difficulties after a major life changing experience. You had surgery and you are now experiencing difficulties. Once you get past this and you start losing weight and getting healthier you'll know you made the right decision. Hang in there, I know it's difficult now, but your best days are ahead of you.

Thx so much , you are right.

1 hour ago, Thejeweledsleeve said:

I understand the regret stage. I made a video on it. I just had to get how I was feeling out then. Being 8 months out, I would not take it back for anything. I love how active I am now.

Its the first month but it gets easier. Things do get better.

DE19608E-D0F7-4072-95F4-47D6146679B5.jpeg

YOu look beautiful both ways I did too start my journey on my makeup channel. Omg you so funny , I wanted new boobs too I don’t think it will happen either.

Edited by Arabikqueen

7 hours ago, Berry78 said:

Definitely take it as you lay down for bedtime. Take it after drinking or meals, so it can stay in your stomach as long as possible. When we drink now, the liquid pretty much just pours right through the stomach, washing anything that is in there out. The liquid antacid works while it is in contact with the stomach, not after it leaves.

I just got mylanta today I will thx. Another thing I’ve notice is feeling like a knot in my throat. Even when I don’t eat anything.

3 hours ago, Arabikqueen said:

I just got mylanta today I will thx. Another thing I’ve notice is feeling like a knot in my throat. Even when I don’t eat anything.

The knot in the throat is irritation from the breathing tube during the surgery. It can take a while to go away.. I wanna say a couple or three weeks. Annoying, but not harmful. (It probably feels like there's a lump that you want to swallow, but it doesn't go anywhere).

2 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

The knot in the throat is irritation from the breathing tube during the surgery. It can take a while to go away.. I wanna say a couple or three weeks. Annoying, but not harmful. (It probably feels like there's a lump that you want to swallow, but it doesn't go anywhere).

Yes that’s exactly it like food stuck in my throat.

13 hours ago, Arabikqueen said:

YOu look beautiful both ways I did too start my journey on my makeup channel. Omg you so funny , I wanted new boobs too I don’t think it will happen either.

Thank you very much. Lol I am still on the fact that I am going to buy more bras. That pain really changed my idea of surgery across the board. I still remember the pain and the sleepless nights. I use that as a reminder every time I might fall off of the wagon. My heart is like, "You better put those donuts down!! Gurl do you not remember the pain you went through? Oh well let me remind you." (cramps in stomach immediately).

I know that it is hard to get through the first month. The first month is always the toughest. I had pain in my stomach, back and legs whenever I walked. The first week out, I almost licked a Donut. I at the following:

1 - Red lobster commercial

2 - Applebees commercials (I LOVE APPLEBEES)

4 - Taco Bell commercials (I used to live for Taco Bell)

8 - Burger King commercials (Let's just say the delivery guy knew me on a first name basis)

The second week, I had to be put on fluids because I was dehydrated. I had to buy baby food (bananas) because I was lacking potassium. I was miserable but looking back at it. I would do it again to have the ability to do what I do now.

Am streaming right now , eating at this point is no satisfying at all. Am only 11 days out am so scared on starting the purée stage because I don’t want to puke of feel pain, my back still hurts and what bothers most now that during the day and before bed I feel a knot in my throat even if I have not eaten.

I have to take protonix for acid and Zofran every 6 hours or I’m incredibly sick. I’m 6 days out from surgery. The dr said that right now it is okay for me to rely on the medication right now. Has your doctor gave you anything ? If not maybe you should ask

Zofran didn’t don-it for me I had to go to the er several times for iv . On Friday my primary doctor gave me a shot of nausea medication forgot the name right now. That helped ,today 11 days out am still a little nauseous and sensitive to smells. It get better once you reach my state but still struggling. I was able to eat a little mash potatoe just not thik I added mayo to smooth it out like pudding. I just dip the fork and lick.

58 minutes ago, marlesarenee said:

I have to take protonix for acid and Zofran every 6 hours or I’m incredibly sick. I’m 6 days out from surgery. The dr said that right now it is okay for me to rely on the medication right now. Has your doctor gave you anything ? If not maybe you should ask

Ohh and yesterday I started drinking mylanta after every meal. Has help specially before bed.

Regret is normal, especially early out. I thought for sure I had made the biggest mistake of my life but it turns out it was actually the best decision I ever made.

For the acid, Protonix worked best for me. I took it from about 1 month post op until 9 months post op and it really did a good job with the heart burn and the hungry feeling.

As for meals at this stage eat what works, add Protein Powder and get your fluids. If ice seems to work best, eat popsicles to stay hydrated.

12 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Regret is normal, especially early out. I thought for sure I had made the biggest mistake of my life but it turns out it was actually the best decision I ever made.

For the acid, Protonix worked best for me. I took it from about 1 month post op until 9 months post op and it really did a good job with the heart burn and the hungry feeling.

As for meals at this stage eat what works, add Protein powder and get your fluids. If ice seems to work best, eat popsicles to stay hydrated.

Am on day 12 starting to feel much better. The morning are the worst like to get my stomach to start working. Sweet things like popsicles aren’t doing it for me now. I still do my Proteins shake once a day now. And try to sip Water all day.

16 minutes ago, Arabikqueen said:

Am on day 12 starting to feel much better. The morning are the worst like to get my stomach to start working. Sweet things like popsicles aren’t doing it for me now. I still do my Proteins shake once a day now. And try to sip Water all day.

You can make your own popsicles, get some molds and freeze whatever works for you. I don't personally like artificial sweeteners so I'm not doing a lot of sweets but I actually made Ice Tea pops over the summer.

Also try ginger in the AM. First thing before you get out of bed get some ginger drops and pop one. Ginger settles the stomach so it might help you in the AM similar to the way it would with morning sickness.

16 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

You can make your own popsicles, get some molds and freeze whatever works for you. I don't personally like artificial sweeteners so I'm not doing a lot of sweets but I actually made Ice Tea pops over the summer.

Also try ginger in the AM. First thing before you get out of bed get some ginger drops and pop one. Ginger settles the stomach so it might help you in the AM similar to the way it would with morning sickness.

What do ginger drop look like? Yes am still a little nauseous in the morning.

11 minutes ago, Arabikqueen said:

What do ginger drop look like? Yes am still a little nauseous in the morning.

Something like this. Check with your surgeon of course but this was what they recommended to me:

http://traditionalsweets.com/index.php/sugar-free/sugar-free-confectionery/simpkins-sugar-and-gluten-free-ginger-drops.html

I actually found some at Babies R Us that were used for morning sickness that my NUT okayed for mild nausea I would sometimes get early on and when I had the stomach flu I tried them as well.

Edited by Sullie06