Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss has stopped [emoji33] goal realistic?

How are you coping after your surgeries? I said on another post if be dead at almost 400lbs. Due to the health issues I already had at 200+ apparently that's offensive to those nearly 400lbs. But that's my truth. I was already on my way to a stroke and I was only 250 at hieghest. My body was under alot of stress. I don't feel I'm meant to be large. I just forced it but my body couldn't take it lol.

1 hour ago, dreamingsmall said:

You know what. If you like toast have it. Those carbs won't stop you from dropping. I was only saying I'd ditch it. As then I can save the calories as it doesn't do much. But you need to enjoy life too lol. I'm not doing low carb and I've lost over 50 lbs in 3months. I don't intentionally do low carb. But they are not high. You need to do what is sustainable for you that's important. I used to eat alot of bread. So it's shocking I don't eat it now even though I'm allowed lol

I don't know, maybe I will ditch the toast or maybe I will give it a week to see what happens with lowering my calories first. I'm undecided. Glad to have the advice from both of you though. Plus, Diana mentioned that the lower the carbs for her, the better weight loss, and she's further out from surgery than I am. I am almost a year out. I like bread too, but I can certainly live without it. I remember years ago when I was always using my bread machine. Yum. Funny how now I don't miss anything though.

Fifty pounds in 3 months is fantastic, you go girl!

Edited by mylighthouse

39 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

How are you coping after your surgeries? I said on another post if be dead at almost 400lbs. Due to the health issues I already had at 200+ apparently that's offensive to those nearly 400lbs. But that's my truth. I was already on my way to a stroke and I was only 250 at hieghest. My body was under alot of stress. I don't feel I'm meant to be large. I just forced it but my body couldn't take it lol.

I am actually coping well, I think. I mean, I am in bed all day, but try to stretch my legs several times a day by walking through the house. It has been a long painful 2 years, but I don't let it get me down and am never depressed about my situation. I occasionally get frustrated that I can't do much, but I move past it fairly quickly. I do watch a lot of tv/movies, browse the internet and read a lot. I also have a kitten that likes to get on the bed, and I play with him. My son is in his 20's and lives here, he checks on me and visits with me, he helps out a little. Got a real keeper of a husband who takes me to all of my doctor's appointments and shops, cleans, and cooks. Sometimes I feel bad that he does it all and I can't help with much. Also, I am currently "coping" with the help of pain meds. Not too thrilled to be on them, but they help a little.

I know what you mean about the body being under a lot of stress. No need to be concerned at all if you might offend others with your story. Everyone is different.

Each person's make-up is different too. So you were at 250 at your highest and it was putting your body under a lot of stress and causing health problems, and I am 46 now. I had been between 230-300 pounds from about 2005 to 2010. No outward health problems other than beginnings of arthritis pain in my knees. Come 2010 to last summer, 300-334 pounds. Still no problems such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol. Just major surgery in 2015, colon resection and emergency surgery 10 days later and a bad surgeon (was in hospital for 2 months). My recovery most definitely would have been easier had I not been so overweight.

7 hours ago, mylighthouse said:

I am actually coping well, I think. I mean, I am in bed all day, but try to stretch my legs several times a day by walking through the house. It has been a long painful 2 years, but I don't let it get me down and am never depressed about my situation. I occasionally get frustrated that I can't do much, but I move past it fairly quickly. I do watch a lot of tv/movies, browse the internet and read a lot. I also have a kitten that likes to get on the bed, and I play with him. My son is in his 20's and lives here, he checks on me and visits with me, he helps out a little. Got a real keeper of a husband who takes me to all of my doctor's appointments and shops, cleans, and cooks. Sometimes I feel bad that he does it all and I can't help with much. Also, I am currently "coping" with the help of pain meds. Not too thrilled to be on them, but they help a little.

I know what you mean about the body being under a lot of stress. No need to be concerned at all if you might offend others with your story. Everyone is different.

Each person's make-up is different too. So you were at 250 at your highest and it was putting your body under a lot of stress and causing health problems, and I am 46 now. I had been between 230-300 pounds from about 2005 to 2010. No outward health problems other than beginnings of arthritis pain in my knees. Come 2010 to last summer, 300-334 pounds. Still no problems such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol. Just major surgery in 2015, colon resection and emergency surgery 10 days later and a bad surgeon (was in hospital for 2 months). My recovery most definitely would have been easier had I not been so overweight.

So lovely that you have a supportive husband. Don't feel bad for not being able to help because you know youd do the same if the tables were reversed and he needed support . Very sweet. And wow ! No high blood pressure at 300+ amazing mine went straight to malignant hypertension at 220+ I almost lost my sight ended up in the hospital and I couldn't see. Terrible now I'm lighter it's gone. Sorry to hear about the bad surgeon . Gosh two months in hospital what a nightmare. I just spent almost a month there and I could have strangled someone it made me so aggravated those four walls as I was in a side room on my own felt like I was in prison.

And good your staying positive that must help :)

7 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

So lovely that you have a supportive husband. Don't feel bad for not being able to help because you know youd do the same if the tables were reversed and he needed support . Very sweet. And wow ! No high blood pressure at 300+ amazing mine went straight to malignant hypertension at 220+ I almost lost my sight ended up in the hospital and I couldn't see. Terrible now I'm lighter it's gone. Sorry to hear about the bad surgeon . Gosh two months in hospital what a nightmare. I just spent almost a month there and I could have strangled someone it made me so aggravated those four walls as I was in a side room on my own felt like I was in prison.

And good your staying positive that must help :)

I am following you around tonight. Lol.

Amazing how the excess weight can affect people in different ways. So sorry to hear about the loss of sight and health issues that you have dealt with. Awesome job of losing the weight to remedy those problems! A month in the hospital, ugh. I hope I never have to be admitted again for ANYTHING!

Yes, staying positive helps, got to so I can keep my sanity.

I agree with cutting out the toast. Can you try to add a vegetable instead of the toast?

I'm almost 11 months out and I have been stalled since 10/2, so almost 2 months bouncing between 188-190 but sitting most days at 189. My NUT told me to get my caloric intake up to 1200 as quickly as possible and to sit there until maintenance. I've been getting 1200 calories since about 6 months post op and was losing well until 9 months when I hit this stall. I called my NUT and she said do not lower my calories to just stay the course and that I should break the stall. She said a plateau is common at nearly a year out. I've changed what I'm eating up and my exercise around trying to shock my body into losing again but it hasn't worked yet (just started this week). Starting next week I'm going to add a supplement to get my Protein intake back up to 100 grams and increasing my Water intake.

I'm currently 15ish pounds from my total 5 year goal my surgeon set so I'm doing well in their eyes but I wanted to just hit that goal and start maintaining by my year anniversary (12/30/17). Sometimes I think we are harder on ourselves than we need to be as well. I'm the lightest I've been since I was in early high school (13-14 years old) and I've hit my original goal weight (190) and clothing size (10-12 from a 22)