Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Actually I do think it matters. I was told that after a certain time your body does a reset and that is your new normal. But I shouldn't complain. I am at 227 and if in 6 months I am down another 50 pounds all will be good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Shesl0singit said:

WOW, you look phenomenal for only six months!! Did you make goal, or close to it?

Thank you 😊 I’m 3 lbs away from my drs goal about 20 away from mine.

11 minutes ago, Tia Tiarra said:

You go girl!!!! Looking FABULOUS

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you 😁

On 11/2/2017 at 9:21 AM, Moving Mountains. said:

Feeling great!

B8556D05-9677-41A1-9321-52B142C09647.jpeg

WOW! You look incredibly healthy! I saw in previous replies that you stick to a lot of Protein and veggies as well as weight training. Your arms look fabulous and strong! When did you start the weight training part of your journey?

Thank you [emoji4] I’m 3 lbs away from my drs goal about 20 away from mine.

That’s amazing! You look great where you’re at, but goal is goal [emoji5]! Can you provide any nutritional or meal plan tips? I know what my nutritionist gave me but it’s so much easier seeing what other people are eating lol

I’m having a hard time to plan my meals I know Protein is the first to get into our bodies and good fat is what my nutritionist told me. I’m 10 days post op from the sleeve. I’ve lost 15 lbs my first week. I just want to get the tool to use in the right area and not blow it but I need some help. Any suggestions on what I can make me that won’t be so hard??thank you I appreciate the help.

Fabulous, just fabulous!!!!

On 1/20/2018 at 8:24 PM, FeBobOlicious said:

WOW! You look incredibly healthy! I saw in previous replies that you stick to a lot of Protein and veggies as well as weight training. Your arms look fabulous and strong! When did you start the weight training part of your journey?

Thank you 😊 I started weights about 4 and a half months after surgery. I was nervous about being completely healed from the surgery.

11 hours ago, Shesl0singit said:

That’s amazing! You look great where you’re at, but goal is goal ! Can you provide any nutritional or meal plan tips? I know what my nutritionist gave me but it’s so much easier seeing what other people are eating lol

I try to stick with Protein and veggies. I’ve added Protein Bars and nuts for some change. I did cheat on the holidays though. Breakfast is cottage or omelette or Protein Bar. lunch some kind of salad. Nuts or cheese for a snack. dinner any kind of meat or fish really whatever I have a taste for. Hope this helps 😊

11 hours ago, Prsunshine_8 said:

I’m having a hard time to plan my meals I know Protein is the first to get into our bodies and good fat is what my nutritionist told me. I’m 10 days post op from the sleeve. I’ve lost 15 lbs my first week. I just want to get the tool to use in the right area and not blow it but I need some help. Any suggestions on what I can make me that won’t be so hard??thank you I appreciate the help.

For me when I noticed how much better I was feeling and looking it became more important than what I love, to eat. Lol. I changed the way I look at food. It is now something to keep me alive and not a crutch. Don’t get me wrong I still like to eat but I’m making better choices and keeping junk food away so I’m not tempted. Look up Keto recipes there are tons of them. Plus keep easy meals on hand so if you’re ever in a hurry you don’t grab something bad for you. Hope this helps. Good luck and stay strong!

I've noticed that the post-post-op diet (that's how I think about the way after LOL) is like a Keto or whole30 diet. Which is great. I followed whole30 for about 60 days a few years ago and found it very helpful.

Did you notice that your tastebuds changed after surgery? Many of the people that I have talked with post-op (my mom, friends, co-workers) have said that as time has gone on they find themselves craving different things like shrimp, crab, various other Proteins, instead of sugars and carbs.

4 hours ago, FeBobOlicious said:

I've noticed that the post-post-op diet (that's how I think about the way after LOL) is like a Keto or whole30 diet. Which is great. I followed whole30 for about 60 days a few years ago and found it very helpful.

Did you notice that your tastebuds changed after surgery? Many of the people that I have talked with post-op (my mom, friends, co-workers) have said that as time has gone on they find themselves craving different things like shrimp, crab, various other Proteins, instead of sugars and carbs.

Yes my taste buds have changed. I’m part Italian so bread and Pasta used to be a staple for me. I have no desire for bread and little for pasta. Except I did have Gnocchi at Christmas time. Lol. I love fish so that’s a plus with trying to do keto.

Once I reach my goal I will reintroduce carbs and treat myself. Everything in moderation.