Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Nurses?

Hi all, I'm an RN in Home Health. Love nursing! I was banded Aug. 29th by Dr. Ortiz in Mx. How is everyone doing with their bands? I am not losing much yet. Have had 1 fill, but am going to go ahead and schedule another in a couple of weeks. Did anyone else here have their surgery in Mx?

Hello everyone! I am not banded yet, am in the process of getting insurance approval. I am a RN and am amazed by all the nurses that I have seen on this site a few others I have been on that have done this for their health! I think it is great. My sister had her surgery in August and is doing awesome..so we will see.

I am an RN and I currently work PRN at a very small hospital, so we do it all, and then ship the really bad oned to a bigger town. I work VERY little since getting our little boy. I have an 8 year old son, and we are in the process of adopting an 11 month old little boy. He was 2 months when we got him. He was cocaine addicted and very sick respiratory wise. After terrible withdrawels he is a normal 11 month old. He was allowed to go home from the hospital with his mom (even though she was positive for cocaine at the time) and the continued exposure made withdrawals very difficult. Anyway, both parents signed relinquishment papers and I got a letter from the attorney yesterday saying that his final hearing for adoption will be November 5!! WOOOOHOOOOO He will official be ours very soon. Anyway, I am scheduled to be banded on Wednesday. I did preop at my hospital today. The nurses I work with all promised me that they would take very good care of me and make sure I have the new AP band. I think a nurses thread is a great idea. We are definately a different bunch of people aren't we. LOL

Hey guys! My name is Micah and I am an ER RN!!! WOO HOO I am SCARED to death as I write this!lol My surgery is Monday!! My first consult was Wed. They rushed me through per request and since i'm self pay I had no restrictions. Soo do you guys think having the knowledge of everything that can go wrong makes it that much scarier? I kinda think it does. Good luck to you all!

Hi all, I'm an RN in Home Health. Love nursing! I was banded Aug. 29th by Dr. Ortiz in Mx. How is everyone doing with their bands? I am not losing much yet. Have had 1 fill, but am going to go ahead and schedule another in a couple of weeks. Did anyone else here have their surgery in Mx?

I was, Dr. Aceves. Best $7800 I ever spent!

Hi there, I'm an LPN. I work at an assisted living facility for spinal and brain injury patients. It's tough work but I find it rewarding! I was banded back in March and worked at a pediatricians office. Everyone new what I was doing and was Incredibly supportive!!! I still go back and visit to show off my progress!!!

Hello ladies,

I am an RN in NJ. I do in patient pain management an love it. I was banded in august, it will be eight weeks on monday and as of this am I am down 26 pounds. So I am pretty psyched. There are at least 4 nurses that I work with that have been banded and my secretary and one of the anesthesiologist i work with. He started out about close to 300 pounds and now is about 170 and he is 6 feet 2, he lost so much weight his teeth look bigger now cuz his face has gotten so small. I dont know how to find this thread again. i am new to this site. but we shall carry on with this weight loss. My mom had surgery and has been in icu this weeks and the pounds have been flying off. I leave for work at 630 and have been staying at the hosp til 8 or 9 and i dont each much dinner or get a little something at the hospital and i think I lost 4 this week. I know its not how your supposed to do it but I will take it anyway i can. ill nr more back on track next week. I am going to go to the gym tomorrow and sunday and try to get off another one cux i go to the md on thurs for my 8 week visit. There is a girl in our support group that had the band for 7 months withut a fill and lost 70 pounds. I am wondering how long I can work with it like that. Hope to find you all again.

slimminmom

(How do you move a thread?)

Yay Nursies Unite! Ha. (I'm a geek)

It's good to see everyone here. I knew we had alot of nurses around here...

Anyone else sick and tired of patients and their families bringing you Cookies, candies, chocolates, cakes... etc? Haha! One of our patients today brought in a box of Russel Stovers for each shift. Dang! I wrote "EVIL EVIL EVIL" and "DO NOT EAT" on the day shift box... it was mostly a reminder to ME to not touch it!

Someone mentioned not knowing which aspect of nursing to go into... My best advice is to not worry about it, you'll just kinda find your niche one day... I landed in Oncology because as an Aide I worked home health care and we assisted with alot of hospice cases. I just fell.in.love with it... and stayed with it. If I *ever* finish my RN I want to go back to doing Hospice work, it;s just where my heart is.

Hi there, I'm an LPN. I work at an assisted living facility for spinal and brain injury patients. It's tough work but I find it rewarding! I was banded back in March and worked at a pediatricians office. Everyone new what I was doing and was Incredibly supportive!!! I still go back and visit to show off my progress!!!

Raven, you have lost over a hundred pounds just since March!!! Wow girl, amazing!

Suzzzie,

I was a hospice nurse for 2 years, and I must say that in 11 years of nursing it was by far the most rewarding work that I have done. If I ever went back to full time nursing I would have to say Hospice is my passion

Amy

Hello, I'm a seasoned nurse w/ 14yrs of ER/ Trauma under my belt. Greatest thing about nursing is that you can work in many fields and travel... I traveled 12 yrs of my career. I just stopped and settled in Chicago this Jan. Currently I work in employee health. In my search to call a place home and maybe finally meet Mr. Right lead me to Lap-Band. I'm starting today day 3 of the liquid diet..UGHHH surgery scheduled 11/1/07. I believe the weekends are going to be the hardest.. thats where i have the most down time... always have focused on food to fullfill that time. It doesnt help tHat the one friend I have here wants to go to the bar and watch some sports!!!

But I know I can do this ... I have too.