Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinning Hair - I know due to protein, but seeking advice PLEASE!!

I struggle daily getting my Protein in, I can't drink the smoothies/shakes, they make me sick, literally, so I have ordered some Protein Water inGrape off Amazon that looks promising, but I do my best every day, but my hair is getting scary thin, what did you do when this happened to you? I also have had a 2 week long period, which I read is also most likely related to protein, messing up hormones etc. Im bound to be getting 40g a day but I know I need 60. Its so much harder than it sounds, I thought "OMG how easy! I can just eat this and this and be there!" that was BEFORE!!! Im just concerned, it's not like I'm not trying to eat it... Please help if youve been where I am!!

I struggle daily getting my Protein in, I can't drink the smoothies/shakes, they make me sick, literally, so I have ordered some Protein Water inGrape off Amazon that looks promising, but I do my best every day, but my hair is getting scary thin, what did you do when this happened to you? I also have had a 2 week long period, which I read is also most likely related to protein, messing up hormones etc. Im bound to be getting 40g a day but I know I need 60. Its so much harder than it sounds, I thought "OMG how easy! I can just eat this and this and be there!" that was BEFORE!!! Im just concerned, it's not like I'm not trying to eat it... Please help if youve been where I am!!

Have you tried the GENEPRO powder? It’s unflavored but has a lot of protein.

No!! But I’m taking ideas. Where do I find this? Online?

GENEPRO is a little controversial in the bariatric community. Some people swear by it. But they've been sued as a scam, too.

All I'll say is that they say you get 30g of Protein out of a single tablespoon. And a tablespoon is 12.5 grams. They say they have reasons why that makes sense and maybe they do, but it sure makes you wonder.

Edited by etc. etc. etc.

The Protein Water is good though. I swear by that stuff. Coconut and Mixed berry are my favorite flavors.

I also like FairLife skim milk, which has twice the protein and fewer carbs than regular skim milk. A glass of that is also good for relieving hunger pangs between meals.

Some of the Hair loss is unavoidable. It's called telogen effluvium. It's because of the anesthesia... all the follicles in a particular stage of development just stop and that hair will fall out 2-8 months later. Nothing you can do.

Protein and the rest can stop ADDITIONAL hair loss, but you can get all your Protein in, take Biotin, use biotin Shampoo and you will still lose hair.

2 hours ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

The Protein Water is good though. I swear by that stuff. Coconut and Mixed Berry are my favorite flavors.

I also like FairLife skim milk, which has twice the Protein and fewer carbs than regular skim milk. A glass of that is also good for relieving hunger pangs between meals.

Thanks. I️ like skim milk I’ll have to see if I️ can find that here in Texas!!

Thanks. I️ like skim milk I’ll have to see if I️ can find that here in Texas!!

I’m in Texas and have found Fairlife at all of my regular stores; Kroger, HEB, Walmart, Target...

Relaunch Protein by the Nicholson Clinic. Every morning i drink their unflavored protein with lemonade crystal light.

I know I am getting at least 60 grams a day, but my hair is really thinning out bad. I guess I'll fit in an extra Protein Drink a day.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app