Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

This thread gives me life. Everyone is doing so well!

Here's a photo on my wedding day, 3/14/15 (Pi Day if anyone nerds out like me) and a photo from exactly one year post op 11/13/2018. In both photos I am beautiful, and in both photos I am a work in progress.

IMG_20181115_115615.jpg

1 hour ago, courtwade said:

Hi, new here. I’m getting my sleeve on November 27.

Congrats! This is the 2017 sleevers thread, there is one for 2018 if you search for it!

Safe Journey

51 minutes ago, hap314ness said:

This thread gives me life. Everyone is doing so well!

Here's a photo on my wedding day, 3/14/15 (Pi Day if anyone nerds out like me) and a photo from exactly one year post op 11/13/2018. In both photos I am beautiful, and in both photos I am a work in progress.

IMG_20181115_115615.jpg

Amazing!

It's done! I joined the losers club yesterday. Still in the clinic for overnight observation. (isn't it great when they wake you every hour to see if you're ok) Should be checked out later today. some pain, more from gas than anything, gasx and walking helping. I've read about stalls and depression etc, so I'm going to try to be mindful of I feel anyhing negative so I don't fo down the rabbit's hole. Wish me luck!

5 hours ago, Heath2 said:

It's done! I joined the losers club yesterday. Still in the clinic for overnight observation. (isn't it great when they wake you every hour to see if you're ok) Should be checked out later today. some pain, more from gas than anything, gasx and walking helping. I've read about stalls and depression etc, so I'm going to try to be mindful of I feel anyhing negative so I don't fo down the rabbit's hole. Wish me luck!

Join these threads, instead

Edited by GreenTealael

So as of this morning, I am under my "un-achievable" goal of 125 lbs. I weighed in a 124.6 lbs. Its so surreal! It's been a hell of a year since surgery. I lost my big brother in August and recently made the decision to end my marriage. Regardless of it all, I wouldn't change my decision to have this surgery for all the money in the world. It's been a struggle and I know the next year or two will be hard with all the emotional turmoil and stress but I've got this. I'm excited for the newest chapter in my life and to see where this road takes me.

Nov 14. Stayed 24 hours in hospital and had amazing nurses. I did have slight pain and they offered me morphine but I did deny. On pain scale I fluctuated between 3-5. I walked two hours after surgery as I know how important it is for recovery and blood clots. After that every two every two hours I would walk no matter how tired and dozy I was. Every two hours I also did the spirometer which is also critical they say for faster recovery. Since Surgery I am down 6 lbs. with preop drinks up until today 17 lbs so I’m ecstatic. Since home I have my little twoounce sip cups from dollar tree and I lay out for the day all the liquids I must drink. Easier for. I’m on propel, chicken broth and Water atm. Tomorrow I can go to purée strained Soups. Really I’m not even hungry and have to force myself. The only issue I have is I haven’t had BM since Tues. very unusual for me. Over all so far over the moon !! Good luck to everyone!!

On 11/16/2018 at 7:26 AM, GreenTealael said:

Join these threads, instead

10 hours ago, Irene Poulos said:

Nov 14. Stayed 24 hours in hospital and had amazing nurses. I did have slight pain and they offered me morphine but I did deny. On pain scale I fluctuated between 3-5. I walked two hours after surgery as I know how important it is for recovery and blood clots. After that every two every two hours I would walk no matter how tired and dozy I was. Every two hours I also did the spirometer which is also critical they say for faster recovery. Since Surgery I am down 6 lbs. with preop drinks up until today 17 lbs so I’m ecstatic. Since home I have my little twoounce sip cups from dollar tree and I lay out for the day all the liquids I must drink. Easier for. I’m on propel, chicken broth and Water atm. Tomorrow I can go to purée strained Soups. Really I’m not even hungry and have to force myself. The only issue I have is I haven’t had BM since Tues. very unusual for me. Over all so far over the moon !! Good luck to everyone!!

Join these groups instead,

Safe Journey!

I have my one-year post-op check-in appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I haven't lost any weight since my last weigh-in, but I've been putting on a LOT of muscle working out since August so I'm trying not to feel too badly about it. How's everyone doing?

9 minutes ago, bogglesauce said:

I have my one-year post-op check-in appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I haven't lost any weight since my last weigh-in, but I've been putting on a LOT of muscle working out since August so I'm trying not to feel too badly about it. How's everyone doing?

Just continuing on the path and learning about maintenance. Otherwise fine but thoroughly missing summer.

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Just continuing on the path and learning about maintenance. Otherwise fine but thoroughly missing summer.

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Omg me too, the snow and cold is killing us here in Chicago.

It's done. Feeling ok on meds. Sipping Water and did my first walk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app