Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

10 months today! Down 117.4 lbs since the picture on the left was taken. 256.6 lbs on the day of surgery to 139.2 lbs this morning.

image-0.00703334808349609.jpg

Does anyone feel as hungry as they did before surgery? I feel so hungry all the time now.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:20 PM, bogglesauce said:

Does anyone feel as hungry as they did before surgery? I feel so hungry all the time now.

I honestly eat more (frequently) than I ever have in my life. I dont eat particularly much, but im eating every 2-3 hours all day. Most of the time im hungry, but a decent amount of time im eating because its when im "supposed" to eat. Long as I keep pushing it at the gym I dont mind constantly eating as its all clean. And my entire diets built around Protein and Fiber, now im increasing complex carbs as well

It's likely head hunger. Are you getting your minimum Fluid intake? I notice when I drink less I want more food. So if I up my Water, I'm less hungry.

I may eat more often now, but my intake per meal is 2- 4 oz total. This process is all about learning how to eat, and listening to your body when it's full per meal. Lastly making sure you meet your Protein and water goals.

I've been stalled a really long time. Only down 35 pounds since surgery. But I work out every day so I'm just going to tell myself it's muscle and I'm super careful with my diet. I've been struggling with insomnia for months and my restless legs are worse than they've ever been so I'm trying to get help for those issues and maybe I can get my metabolism going again. At my last follow up with the surgeon he put in a referral to a neurologist so hopefully things will get better. But when I feel discouraged that I haven't done nearly as well as others I just look at my before picture and tell myself I'm not going back to that.

IMG_20170903_133956.jpg

IMG_20180922_115021442.jpg

I wouldn't rely on gaining muscle as much of an indicator on progress. It's incredibly difficult for both men and women to gain muscle (more so for the latter). If a man gained 10 pounds of muscle over a full year while eating at a caloric surplus and working out hardcore he's either incredibly genetically gifted or extremely lucky. As gaining 10 pounds of muscle in a full year is unlikely for most people. Maybe if it's your first year ever working out in your life you could have a combo of luck and beginners gains.

So I think for most people if you have a great routine and are consistently working out with proper weights and sets expecting anywhere from 3 to 8 pounds of muscle gain over the course of a full year is more realistic. And if you're losing weight (which makes gaining muscle more challenging) it's likely that you're on the lower end of that spectrum.

I did it y’all! I finally started upgrading my wardrobe. Like for clothes just about at goal! Found out I’m a 6 or medium in bottoms and a small or medium in tops 😳 who ever would have thought?! I’m so pleased with how this journey is going and I hope you all are having great success too!

9320CF98-5385-4B7A-95C3-9F16D02F6607.jpeg

B52AB2BB-A8B2-4258-9180-07E12A0FB47D.jpeg

I did it y’all! I finally started upgrading my wardrobe. Like for clothes just about at goal! Found out I’m a 6 or medium in bottoms and a small or medium in tops [emoji15] who ever would have thought?! I’m so pleased with how this journey is going and I hope you all are having great success too!
9320CF98-5385-4B7A-95C3-9F16D02F6607.thumb.jpeg.ebd50ec4d5ed9ec62cd0c941c51f335d.jpeg
B52AB2BB-A8B2-4258-9180-07E12A0FB47D.thumb.jpeg.784529fda4d38d19560cbbb89fd78440.jpeg
You look awesome!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

My weight lose has slowed Down to almost nothing and I feel Hungry again all the time. I'm very concerned, has this happened to anyone else?

1 hour ago, Patrick powers said:

My weight lose has slowed Down to almost nothing and I feel Hungry again all the time. I'm very concerned, has this happened to anyone else?

I don't think that's necessarily cause for concern. My doctor always told me that the weight loss would likely last about a year, and we're almost there, and that my appetite would return. But yes, these things are happening to me as well, as I expected they would.

10 months out (right?) 160s, I think I will have to work really hard to move past this... I'm not sure I need to so I'll go with the flow, follow my life plan and enjoy the ride

IMG_9457.JPG

IMG_9493.JPG

IMG_9260.JPG

1536892574800_FullSizeRender.jpg

12 hours ago, Patrick powers said:

The hunger is definitely an issue.

I dont know about yours, but mine isnt consistent though.

One day ill be REALLY hungry non stop, and will eat more than I usually do (only 300-500 calories typically) and then itll normalize for a few days and randomly come up.

Fortunately I still get really full really quickly when I do eat, and even get some pain in my stomach from it "filling" up (even when I eat very little). But this just encourages me to graze.

Im not losing, but im not gaining either so im not concerned. But the hunger definitely returns,however the quick fullness from actually eating is the best weapon for me for now.

As far as weight loss slowing, I think its more important than ever to be hyperdiligiant about weighing and measuring your food extremely accurately, if you still have a ways to go. The golden window for weight loss is still open, but it wont be forever. And if youre not losing, the most likely culprit is poor tracking of calories in. Its perfectly normal though as the overwhelming majority of people inaccurately measure their caloric intake, just means you have to work extra hard at it

I need some tough love. I'm 11 months post op and I haven't lost any weight in nearly a month. I know exactly why - it's because I'm overeating. I'm not gaining weight, just maintaining. I'm probably overeating because I'm not consuming enough Protein. I have tons of Protein Shakes but I'm never in the mood to drink them. I could use a pep talk - I just want to buckle down and eat what I'm supposed to eat!

3 hours ago, bogglesauce said:

I need some tough love. I'm 11 months post op and I haven't lost any weight in nearly a month. I know exactly why - it's because I'm overeating. I'm not gaining weight, just maintaining. I'm probably overeating because I'm not consuming enough Protein. I have tons of Protein Shakes but I'm never in the mood to drink them. I could use a pep talk - I just want to buckle down and eat what I'm supposed to eat!

What are you eating these days? At 11 months out, shakes are not necessarily needed anymore unless you can't get enough food...