Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

9 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

So what is your plan? We need to talk about how to manage our wardrobes during the transition!! I've stripped out half of the stuff in my closet already, and in another 15 pounds, I'm gonna be in trouble!

I'm buying like, one or two pairs of cheap business pants from either TJ Maxx, Ross, or Goodwill--I'm not buying a full new wardrobe until goal. I do have a few pairs of size 6-8 jeans waiting patiently for me :P My shirts all still fit, I was wearing stuff too tight. At some point I'll have to buy cute new summer dresses...and the dreaded swimsuit!

I do Gwynnie Bee clothing rental. It's been great as I move down the sizes. I think wearing clothes that fit is a real confidence boost and makes the weight loss a lot more noticeable to yourself and others, and this way you don't have to buy anything and just keep getting more outfits to wear. If you want to try it, this link gives you a free trial month and a $10 credit.

https://goo.gl/U6JKgL

You look amazing !

Thank you so much!! =)

Has anyone noticed a substantial change in hunger around this point? I feel like the past several weeks my empire has come roaring back. I've been sticking to my basics (high Protein high Fiber low calorie) but it's been a world of difference lately. I'm hoping it's a temporary phase or something

Here! Sleeved 11/18/2017. Starting Weight-387. Surgery Weight-357. Current Weight-295. I'll admit my diet could've been a lot better the past 2-3 months. I've since started to take my diet more seriously in regards to my macros, calorie intake and food tracking. My weight loss has picked up to about the same pace as the first few weeks post-op. I've also been going to the gym 4-5x a week now, which I'm starting to really enjoy.

Update: My body is trying to hang out at 161 and say “this is my happy place” :P Today I wrapped my head around the fact that if I want to lose these last 30lbs...I’m going to have to start working out and lifting weights more regularly...ahh! At least the weather is getting better here. But my new goal is at least 30 minutes of cardio/day. No more lazy days.

Ok... the dreaded question... is anyone else battling chronic Constipation since surgery? If so, have you found anything that helps? This is horrible. I thought it would go away but it just isn’t. My diet is on point and I have started taking in extra fiber but it just isn’t working. =(

5 hours ago, Crimsonqueen said:

Ok... the dreaded question... is anyone else battling chronic Constipation since surgery? If so, have you found anything that helps? This is horrible. I thought it would go away but it just isn’t. My diet is on point and I have started taking in extra Fiber but it just isn’t working. =(

Yes unfortunately. Miralax every other day. 1 colace pill nightly. Enough fluids and aim for 15 g of Fiber a day. My body is still trying to figure it out since I just made this concoction recently, but it seems to help form things up and keep bathroom time from being miserable 😩

59 minutes ago, redhead_che said:

Yes unfortunately. Miralax every other day. 1 colace pill nightly. Enough fluids and aim for 15 g of Fiber a day. My body is still trying to figure it out since I just made this concoction recently, but it seems to help form things up and keep bathroom time from being miserable 😩

You're taking miralax ways too often, which can cause your body to become dependent on it (this is a real thing).

I had the same problem as everybody else, and I have seen substantial improvements with the following.

Colace 3x a day (this you CAN do often)

Metamucil 3x a day (I love the pink lemonade flavor of Metamucil weight control. It has some other stuff in it, but I just buy it because I love the pink lemonade flavor)

Fiberchoice tablets 2-4 times a day (they taste yummy, and contain inulin fiber which doesn't do much but add bulk)

And sometimes I'll eat some fiber gummys as well (they contain polydextrose, which is another cheap crappie fiber that serves little purpose but adding bulk).

I have no idea how often you should take laxatives but my surgeon strongly recommending avoiding taking them more than once in a blue moon as it will cause dependency and cause real problems.

And with fiber supplements you wanna build up your dosage slowly over time otherwise you'll get super bloated and gassy.

I probably get around 35g of Fiber a day on a 1200-1500 calorie a day diet and that barely cuts it. That's not counting the additional fiber I get from fiber tablets and sometimes gummies as those are inferior sources of fiber.

But I strongly encourage anyone with Constipation issues to get ahead of the fiber game, before your unpleasant issues turn to hemorrhoids and then you'll be dealing with an extremely unpleasant situation

1 hour ago, Mhy12784 said:

You're taking miralax ways too often, which can cause your body to become dependent on it (this is a real thing).

My surgeon said it’s fine, but thanks.

Progress picture Sunday anyone? Post your progress pics if you want! Would love to see how my fellow Novembers are doing!

6ED7BC8C-A1AF-43FF-9620-7477979C247C.jpeg

IMG_0992.JPG

Yesterday was my 5 month post op. Officially down 83.4 lbs since surgery and 107 lbs since my highest weight!

HW: 282.2 lbs
SW: 256.4 lbs
CW: 180.0 lbs