Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

I'm also starting to notice my hair shedding and tenderness but I have LONG locs and ALOT of hair so I'm hoping to survive this , sounds vain but I like my hair [emoji22]

Also hair progress pic

I hope I'm imagining my thinning hair...

But probably not

IMG_4359.JPG.66d2a9019837633c34983d738e5aa533.JPG IMG_6224.JPG.c74646c4903df44d9c437b0c09daf850.JPG

Thank you !!!

Im struggling too but because it's a low manipulation hair style it appears better than it is

I don't do much with it , just up in a bun but I'm sure if I was combing and brushing it would present worse

I hope it slows down or stops for all of us

Dang I hear y'all on the hair stuff. This will sound gross, but I've started putting it into a messy bun after washing and drying it and then I don't touch the main part. Just the small areas that wrap up and around it -- to smooth it. That way I'm not brushing it daily. I'm only washing it once a week. And I'm an old white chix. LOL! My young me is rolling in her grave at this omission! :( I think I may have officially become my mother? :blink:

Today is the day—time to buy some “new” pants! I went through all my 16s...then 14s...now the 12s are falling off and I went to my closet and realized 😮 I don’t have any 10s! My budget tells me I can only go to goodwill or something right now but it’s exciting! Only 32lbs to goal now. We are rocking this November sleevers!

Dang I hear y'all on the hair stuff. This will sound gross, but I've started putting it into a messy bun after washing and drying it and then I don't touch the main part. Just the small areas that wrap up and around it -- to smooth it. That way I'm not brushing it daily. I'm only washing it once a week. And I'm an old white chix. LOL! My young me is rolling in her grave at this omission! [emoji20] I think I may have officially become my mother? :blink:

I don't wash my hair daily either but that may be because my hair type does not require it. But we are messy bun twins [emoji7]

Gosh I hope not, I may also be turning into mine but I hope i'm a new and upgraded model. More coping abilities, thinner body, and although she did live to 86, more healthy. I may look like her but I'm now fated not to make her mistakes.[emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, redhead_che said:

Today is the day—time to buy some “new” pants! I went through all my 16s...then 14s...now the 12s are falling off and I went to my closet and realized 😮 I don’t have any 10s! My budget tells me I can only go to goodwill or something right now but it’s exciting! Only 32lbs to goal now. We are rocking this November sleevers!

Wow awesome job! I feel good, but my progress is MUCH slower! Only down 45 lbs.

still down 4 sizes though!

What is a typical day of meals for you, if you don’t mind my asking? 😊👍🏻

10 minutes ago, GlennaMary said:

Wow awesome job! I feel good, but my progress is MUCH slower! Only down 45 lbs.

still down 4 sizes though!

What is a typical day of meals for you, if you don’t mind my asking? 😊👍🏻

Breakfast: 1 scoop GNC Protein powder, 1/4c blackberries, 1c kale smoothie

Lunch: Some sort of protein, this week it's been italian meatballs with 26g protein in each. Otherwise chicken or ground beef dish, or high quality deli meat.

Dinner: Either same as lunch (protein dish) or 1/2c fiber one cereal (gotta get that fiber!)

I eat 400-600 calories a day. 50-60g protein, less than 50g carbs usually, and less than 30g fat. I'm still feeling VERY restricted by my sleeve, which is fine by me. I'll take it :)

Edited by redhead_che

Today is the day—time to buy some “new” pants! I went through all my 16s...then 14s...now the 12s are falling off and I went to my closet and realized [emoji50] I don’t have any 10s! My budget tells me I can only go to goodwill or something right now but it’s exciting! Only 32lbs to goal now. We are rocking this November sleevers!

Congratulations! That is absolutely amazing!!!!

On 4/5/2018 at 6:36 PM, meech513 said:

First of all congratulations on the 75lbs down !! Huge accomplishment!!!

I can relate I was sleeved 11/09/17 and I’m down 80lbs. This past month I have more of an appetite, which scares me a little. But I’m doing my best to make an effort to have low calorie, low sugar high in Protein foods and also when I do snack trying to make good choices like string cheese, yogurt and sugar free Snacks . I stay btw 800-1000 calories a day myself.

Thank you. your doing awesome yourself !

5 hours ago, redhead_che said:

So what is your plan? We need to talk about how to manage our wardrobes during the transition!! I've stripped out half of the stuff in my closet already, and in another 15 pounds, I'm gonna be in trouble!

On 4/5/2018 at 6:56 PM, Crimsonqueen said:

Is anyone else battling hair loss right now? I know they told me it was normal, but I feel like I’m losing ALOT! It is starting to worry me, because I can actually feel the difference in thickness of my hair now. I started taking Biotin a month ago, but haven’t noticed any difference. On a side note... I love this forum! Being able to communicate with and follow the progress of others who have been through the same procedure is so inspiring!

HW: 392

SW: 356

CW: 258

IMG_4156.JPG

You look amazing !