Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

Now im curious...
how are you able to take 22000 steps in a day?
And by Carb free you mean 0 grams?

Well yesterday was an extraordinary day I had to walk my dog to the vet walk her back pick my son up early from school take him to the ent and then I did my follow up, so I was out and running around since 745 am and didn’t get home until almost 7pm. I generally average about 15 thousand steps a day because I have to take two children to school. Then I commute to work which is an hour 1 bus and two trains. Then I’m running from meeting to meeting at work and rushing memos around for signatures etc... then running to pick up kids, walking my dogs and cooking dinner.

When I say carb free I mean no rice no bread no Pasta no potatoes.

15 hours ago, Tealael said:

11/7/17

44lbs

Just want to let you know I had my 3-mo check up today and was down 42 pounds. My nutritionist plugged the numbers into her computer and told me I'm actually ahead of average, which was good to hear because on this board it can seem like that is a small amount. My surgeon was thrilled as well and said I'm well on track to meet my goal. So don't feel like 44 pounds is a slow loss.

You are so right, these board can make you feel inadequate sometimes, people are losing 80lbs in 27 days, swimming the English channel, climbing Everest, saving the polar ice caps all while eating -12grams of carbs but 1000 grams of Protein a day

And im just sitting here like
Hi I had yogurt again and walked a mile
I'm taking a break...

7 hours ago, Tealael said:

You are so right, these board can make you feel inadequate sometimes, people are losing 80lbs in 27 days, swimming the English channel, climbing Everest, saving the polar ice caps all while eating -12grams of carbs but 1000 grams of Protein a day

:lol:

This.

I see it like this at the end of the day as long as you feel good you are doing great. Yesterday I went to my doctors and I'm down from Surgery day 43 lbs and Highest weight which was a week before surgery before I did my liquid diet 58.8 lbs. Everyone is different built different , height is different and weight is different. Before surgery I was just gaining and gaining or maintain an excessive weight and wasn't dropping anything. I know that at the end I will be at goal weight because if anyone can do it I know I can. That being said you are all doing amazing! Reading the success from losing x amount to x amount is what is important. Scarier is not losing anything. Keep your heads high and know that you are hitting every obstacle or challenges coming your way. I hope you don't get discourage and I'm here to support anyone that needs it! In my eyes just the simple fact that you guys took that risk and pulled through surgery makes you winners! You guys are goal getters!!!(if that's even a word....lol)

I see it like this at the end of the day as long as you feel good you are doing great. Yesterday I went to my doctors and I'm down from Surgery day 43 lbs and Highest weight which was a week before surgery before I did my liquid diet 58.8 lbs. Everyone is different built different , height is different and weight is different. Before surgery I was just gaining and gaining or maintain an excessive weight and wasn't dropping anything. I know that at the end I will be at goal weight because if anyone can do it I know I can. That being said you are all doing amazing! Reading the success from losing x amount to x amount is what is important. Scarier is not losing anything. Keep your heads high and know that you are hitting every obstacle or challenges coming your way. I hope you don't get discourage and I'm here to support anyone that needs it! In my eyes just the simple fact that you guys took that risk and pulled through surgery makes you winners! You guys are goal getters!!!(if that's even a word....lol)

Congratulations on your accomplishments!

I agree with you 1 thousand percent . Same for me nothing I was doing was working and I was so unhappy with myself and just gaining more and more weight. We all are going through this journey together, maybe different variations of the journey . But none the less no one can understand this unless they have been through it . We’re all winning- better health and happiness!

Well its my first stall, I did not loose this week. I know I need to increase my H20 and I need to exercise more. So my goal for march is to try to walk at least 3x per week and hit that 64oz Water goal. I think i'm ok with Protein, I started "regular" (whatever that is now a days :) ) so I want to make sure i'm eating my protein instead of drinking it. My goal is only one Protein Shake a day. But to be honest (cause i know you all understand) I'm really not hungry most days, I have to make myself eat.

What goals (if any) are you all working on for March?

Thanks for the accolades, I know without this surgery I would have given up or given in to eating unhealthy. I feel good and I feel blessed to have this gift (my new tummy :1007_hearts:

Edited by sheilaMc

Sleeved 11/28. -50lbs today and realized all the pants in my "those don't fit" closet now DO fit and I did much rearranging tonight to make room for the 10 pairs of pants I can wear again! Only a few formal dresses and 2 pairs of jeans remain in the "don't fit" closet. Getting closer.... :D

Barely making over 500 calories...mostly I hover in the 400s somewhere. My nutritionist says as long as I meet my Protein goal (60-70g) and Water goal (64oz) in a day, calories aren't important. She said 800 cals/day is a good goal to work towards. And then there was that whole thing about "don't drink your breakfast" aka protein shake--eat an actual meal. Well, I don't eat real food that early in the morning so HMPH. :P The Protein Shake stays.

Hopefully by 3/28 I'll be in the 160s! Gosh that'd be amazzzinggg.

How’s everyone doing?

HW: 282.2 lbs
SW: 256.4 lbs
CW: 180.0 lbs

I don't understand how you could have been fed in hospital? Protein Shakes? I was sleeved 1 week ago and I'm on only Clear Liquids, no yogurt, and only 6 ounces of Protein Shake a day that's about half a small container.

Water, chicken broth, ice pops, that's it

I was sleeved on 11/09/2017 I was 230 lbs (I’m five feet). Today I weighed in at 162lbs and feel amazing . I went from a size 18 to a size 10 in just a little over 3 months I’ve lost 68lbs.

I’m 4’11”. Nice to find another shortie! WhT is your goal weight?

My weight loss has slowed - it was a couple pounds a week and now although I get there some weeks, others are just a half a pound or so. Are others experiencing the same thing? I'm glad it's still coming off, though.

55 minutes ago, LilaJane20 said:

My weight loss has slowed - it was a couple pounds a week and now although I get there some weeks, others are just a half a pound or so. Are others experiencing the same thing? I'm glad it's still coming off, though.

Totally experiencing the same thing! Feels like the scale will barely budge. I know it'll keep moving and that everyone else who ever lost weight before us hit these hurdles too. I read a helpful article today that might help you too: https://www.obesitycoverage.com/4-ways-to-beat-a-weight-loss-stall-after-bariatric-surgery/