Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

Well, how is everyone doing since the surgery? I went in at 367 day of, and as of last night, I am down to 299. Everything is still a learning stage for me and I am doing great. Not a single day goes by that I regret it. IT was the best decision for my life. Not only have I lost the weight, but I have also gained self confidence. It’s amazing just how much something like this can change us all for the better. I am grateful everyday. Just wanted to talk to someone and see everyone one else is doing.

Well, how is everyone doing since the surgery? I went in at 367 day of, and as of last night, I am down to 299. Everything is still a learning stage for me and I am doing great. Not a single day goes by that I regret it. IT was the best decision for my life. Not only have I lost the weight, but I have also gained self confidence. It’s amazing just how much something like this can change us all for the better. I am grateful everyday. Just wanted to talk to someone and see everyone one else is doing.

I will be exactly 2 months out tomorrow... only down about 35 lbs... slow progress... I feel fine, just wish the weight would come off a little quicker

I will be exactly 2 months out tomorrow... only down about 35 lbs... slow progress... I feel fine, just wish the weight would come off a little quicker

My weight loss was slower to but I preferred it because it in able me to manage my skin retention better

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My weight loss was slower to but I preferred it because it in able me to manage my skin retention better

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have been exercising and eating like I’m supposed to... guess it’s just slower for some of us :(

On 1/28/2018 at 5:15 PM, JudyPearl said:

I'm Pre Op Sleeve this is my first post. I hope I am doing this correctly?

Hi JudyPearl! This is the post-op thread for people who had surgery in November 2017. When is your surgery scheduled for?

Hope you're all doing well - don't get too discouraged if you feel the weight isn't coming off fast enough. As long as you're listening to your surgeon/nutritionist and following the rules, the weight WILL come off. Stalls are normal but temporary! I had a stall about a month ago that lasted 3 weeks and then suddenly the weight loss started back up again.

I signed up for a 5K in May and started my training yesterday. I’d attempted a couch to 5K programs a few times before but usually couldn’t make it through the first workout and would get discouraged and quit. I did the entire week 1, day 1 workout and I’m actually looking forward to day 2 tomorrow!

HW: 282.2 lbs
SW: 256.4 lbs
CW: 204.2

I'm also doing C25K. I've done it in the past and made it to week 6. I'm hoping a bit less weight will make more comfortable to get through the whole program. Today is W1D3.

My name is Simone and I started at 275 I'm down to 224 I will be just happy just to get under the 200 mark and more of course but progress has been slow for me too but I exercise everyday as for eating I watch my portions and now what I do is I don't sit after I eat I make sure I keep moving someday I hope to run the 5K also I don't know if I'll be able to do that one day but that is my dream now I can jog on a treadmill only 3 miles an hour for about 30 minutes but I'm working my way up congratulations and good luck to all of you

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

Good Afternoon All! I went into surgery with a weight of 268 and today I weighed in at 237, 31lbs lost since surgery! I've really never felt better, I go to the gym/excerise at home about 3 times a week, I'm really trying to bump it up to 5 days a week. I'm going to run a 5K with my mom at the end of April, we ran this 5K together about 5 years ago and I ended up walking most of it, so my goal this time is to just be able to run the race. I have dropped two sizes! I went from a size 20 to currently a size 16. My favorite non-scale victory so far occured this weekend. My hubby and I took the kids to the Baltimore Aquarium to meet my sister and mom. They do not let you use strollers (my daughter is just over a year old and very attached). I pretty much carried her the entire time and didn't feel like I completely exhausted. We must have walked around looking for a good 2 hours before going to get lunch. It's great to hear from you all again! Wishing you all nothing but the best of luck!

Hey All! I went into surgery at 299, and today I'm at 250! Almost hitting the big 50--likely in the next couple of days. Feeling AWESOME! Lots of energy, feeling focused. I'm back to the gym 5-6 days a week, sleeping better, not dependent on coffee anymore. I can't believe how great I feel. Hands down the best decision I've ever made!

I'm a bit of a lurker! I love reading posts and getting tips for various stages, etc.

HW was 321.8

10 days of pre-op

SW was 302.6 (November 20)

CW is 243.4 (down 78.4 total)

I'm a little nervous because it seems to be coming off quicker than expected. And I don't want flabby skin everywhere (though.... it's inevitable). But, it's also pretty motivating to keep on going every day.

I get about 90g protein/day, about 900 calories/day (trying to aim for that, some days are less). Carbs are about 40g or less. I walk on the treadmill 40 min/day. Sounds like that's just about where we all are in terms of cals/protein/carbs?

Hey guys I’ve been MIA since surgery had a lot going on with having pain the whole month after surgery to going back to work to not doing so well with Protein intake and Water intake that led me to the hospital 2 weeks ago for dehydration , gastritis and UTI (I know TMI) but guys I am happy regardless of the circumstances that i made this decisions. Learning day by day how to use my tool. Even though I have gone through some stuff I’m happy I made this decision.

Officially down 60 lbs since January 2017 and 30 lbs down since my surgery on 11/22!