Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

I had no pain in the largest incision (the tummy out incision) and had my surgery 11/15. Well today out of no where while at work, I'm a sales rep on my feet all day, I felt a bit of pain. Now, its progressed to a full blown tugging, stabbing pain anytime I stand up and walk. Even after surgery I was sore but I didn' have actual pain. Did I possibly over extend? Or pulled something? I'm kinda freaking out. Thanks in advanced?

4 minutes ago, Kassgar3 said:

I had no pain in the largest incision (the tummy out incision) and had my surgery 11/15. Well today out of no where while at work, I'm a sales rep on my feet all day, I felt a bit of pain. Now, its progressed to a full blown tugging, stabbing pain anytime I stand up and walk. Even after surgery I was sore but I didn' have actual pain. Did I possibly over extend? Or pulled something? I'm kinda freaking out. Thanks in advanced?

Was it your first day back ? Did anything happen when it hurt or just random ?

How bad is the pain ?

Maybe give your Dr a call just to make sure all is okay. I'm sure it is- perhaps you just overdid it today. But better to be safe by chatting to him/her

Tuesday is my surgery date November 28th. They didn't tell me I had to be on all liquids tomorrow but I think I should. Did anyone else go on just liquid before surgery

I wasn't told to go on liquids either. I was worried too cause it seemed in forums that everyone else was on fluids before surgery. I just did 3 opti shakes the day before - just in case haha. Good luck tomorrow!

Tuesday is my surgery date November 28th. They didn't tell me I had to be on all liquids tomorrow but I think I should. Did anyone else go on just liquid before surgery

Yes I was on full liquids the day before.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Lol your lucky I had to be on full liquids for 2 weeks before the surgery

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery on the 16th and had the exact same pain yesterday and I have a office job mostly sitting. I didn’t take time off and went to work 2 days after the surgery, needless to say I stayed home today and the pain has subsided.

10 hours ago, Mhy12784 said:

How bad is the pain ?

When I feel the jab of pain between a 5 or 6 it' nnt cconstant just when I move or stand in a certain position.

Edited by Kassgar3

10 hours ago, Mhy12784 said:

How bad is the pain ?

It was my 2nd day, I was walking fast and moving around a lot. I didnt specifically hurt I just remember getting home and feeling the pain in the evening

10 hours ago, TheNewMe08NOV17 said:

Maybe give your Dr a call just to make sure all is okay. I'm sure it is- perhaps you just overdid it today. But better to be safe by chatting to him/her

I'm definitely going to call, I just want to make sure I can go back to work today or if I should stay home.

I was sleeved 11/8 and I won't be cleared (hopefully) until 11/29 for puree foods. Then I am on that 3-4 weeks before soft foods. Then 3-4 weeks before slowly introducing regular foods. So about 3 months or so out, I will be able to start regular foods. Seems all surgeons and programs are different.

I was sleeved on the 8th nov too [emoji1326]. I'm on mushies now...at 4wks (next wed) I see my surgeon and dietician and will hopefully start normal food around 4-6wks. Seems all dr's are different. Think it's really individual too- like how we are tolerating food. I miss chewing so much [emoji23][emoji23] but so happy with the weight loss so far. How are you going with yours? It's almost summer over here in Australia and I'm struggling big time with getting enough fluids. So thirsty!!!!!!