Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

What do you do for work, if you don't mind me asking. I'm planning on returning to work 11 days post op and I'm very worried about it. I'm an ER nurse.

Let me know how it goes! I have surgery on 12/11 and start nursing school 1/1 and I'm worried about the long days as well. Make sure you do an update please! Good luck on your journey [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

Good Morning everyone. I had my sleeve done on 11/2. I started working the day after surgery. Now, I am able to work from home so that was why the quick turn around. I was silly though and 3 days out flew to NM for a business trip. I found myself VERY tired half way through the day....just very low energy. So, my advice....listen to your body and try not to be Super Woman. I am in full liquids now and with each day getting better and better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

First ever post!

I was sleeved on 11/14. The first afternoon immediately after surgery was rough. I always wake up extremely emotional after anesthesia and spent a fair amount of time crying. I did pretty well overnight, was up walking the halls and trying to only push my pain med button if it got intolerable. I was released Wednesday evening around 6 pm. The gas pain and nausea that night were awful. By Thursday morning I was feeling much better. As of now I’m only taking Tylenol as needed and using a heating pad if I’m sitting down.

I started the 6 month program in April at 282.8. I was 265.6 when I started the pre-op diet and 255 the morning of surgery. I’m currently 245.6! Excited for puréed food and watching the scale go down!

I’m actually on the Corporate side of a hospital. I’m hidden away in my office. Today I just went out to take a walk around for the gas. I can’t think that the nurses would be able to return back as quickly as I did.

I've recently moved to a freestanding ER that's not so busy so I'm hoping with any luck 11 days will be ok. Congrats to you! I hope your day at work went well.

Hello Everyone. Well, my time has come. FINALLY! My surgery has been post phoned twice, once by y surgeon going out of town 2 weeks before surgery, and then the most recent was, I’m sure everyone heard, the major wild fire in NApa area in California. That cancelled my surgery for the 2nd time. But I am set to have my surgery on the 27th! I am super excited and I can not wait! I think now that it is closer to time, I am beginning to psyc myself out. Trying to get everything ready is stressing me to the limit. My surgeon is 5 hours away, so I am taking Amtrack down there, got a room threw Airbnb, and going to Uber for transport. Lol. Can any one give some advice on what I should take with me, what i will need, and what to actually expect?

Hey guys! The name is Jade, I'm 28 and I was sleeved 11/8 of this year and have lost 40lbs so far (including the 33lbs I lost during the 2 week pre-op liquid diet phase).

Haven't weighed myself since my post-op appt. on the 16th (I don't own a scale.....yet lol).

So far, it's been pretty good. The only time I had nausea was chewing those nasty Bariatric Advantage chewable Multivitamins (Orange Flavored) and drinking Water right after. YUCKY! I can't wait until I'm able to take swallow-type pills (?) Also, I was happy to be able to have started my pureed diet a day early. Made some pretty good tuna egg salad (chopped like crazy).

Message me for any broth & Soup recipes for pre and post-op......I have TONS. haha

ralph-wave.gif

6 hours ago, doogman87 said:

Hello Everyone. Well, my time has come. FINALLY! My surgery has been post phoned twice, once by y surgeon going out of town 2 weeks before surgery, and then the most recent was, I’m sure everyone heard, the major wild fire in NApa area in California. That cancelled my surgery for the 2nd time. But I am set to have my surgery on the 27th! I am super excited and I can not wait! I think now that it is closer to time, I am beginning to psyc myself out. Trying to get everything ready is stressing me to the limit. My surgeon is 5 hours away, so I am taking Amtrack down there, got a room threw Airbnb, and going to Uber for transport. Lol. Can any one give some advice on what I should take with me, what i will need, and what to actually expect?

Take clothes, toiletries, puzzle books...

Good luck!! I took a thin snap front housecoat/bathrobe type item to wear over hospital gown when you are walking so your back side doesn't show :rolleyes: Undies, toothbrush/paste, mouthwash, CHAPSTICK! you are sooo dry after surgery, handcream, comb or brush. My hospital gave us these slipper socks with rubber for walking but I had packed socks and slip on soft sneakers for walking. Didn't need them. I brought a book, my Ipad. Didn't open either one. When I wasn't walking, I really was resting. I didn't even watch TV. My sis and my hubby came up a couple times to visit. Then you are getting visits from nurses and drs. I was in hospital 2 days and it really went by very fast. You'll do great!

Mine was a week ago today. I wore the same clothes home as I did arriving. I took a toothbrush and toothpaste, a hairbrush, an iPad and a charger. That’s it. I never turned on the tv in my room but I watched movies on my iPad when I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t feel like I needed anything other than what I took. I was there one night.

Has anyone gained a few pounds post op? I'm 12 days post op and noticed I gained 2 pounds? I've only been drinking Powerade and Water so I'm a little confused? I've lost 10 pounds since surgery and 31 pounds total but I'm annoyed by this two pound increase. Any tips?

Has anyone gained a few pounds post op? I'm 12 days post op and noticed I gained 2 pounds? I've only been drinking Powerade and Water so I'm a little confused? I've lost 10 pounds since surgery and 31 pounds total but I'm annoyed by this two pound increase. Any tips?

Not sure how accurate this is but I googled Powerade as it’s not one of my approved drinks and the nutritional facts say it has 76 grams of sugar . Obviously you would have the actual bottle and could verify, but if that is accurate the excess sugar might be the reason for the minor weight gain. Maybe just drink water over the next few days to see if that helps reduce the 2 lbs . I’ve been drinking diet Snapple or crystal light from time to time when I need flavor . Water is hard for me since prior to the surgery I wasn’t a water drinker.
IMG_2327.JPG

1 hour ago, CamillaCallie said:

Ooooooh, please tell me you're drinking Powerade Zero and not just regular Powerade. :/

Ooooooh, please tell me you're drinking Powerade Zero and not just regular Powerade. :/

Yes sorry, I didn't specify! It's absolutely Powerade Zero. Team Zero Sugar over here! :)