Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

YES! Right inbetween my breasts. It's like my stomach is seizing up. We all think our stomach is the middle of our body but it's actually up higher. It does that when I've gone a long time without drinking Protein (what I call eating LOL) or liquids. Like middle of the night when you've been sleeping 5 hours. A few nights I actually got up and took some sips of Protein Drink or had some yogurt. My nurse told me not to do that. But jeez...there have been times in my life before surgery where I have been STARVING during the night and couldn't sleep till I had a yogurt or oatmeal or toast or something. I feel it's no different.

Yes! My pain is in the same area! I bought some protein Water today I'm going to start drinking that, maybe it'll help. It's so weird. But I agree, the only thing that makes it go away is drinking something. I basically drank an additional 12 oz in my sleep last night.

Good for you! get those ounces in!! I keep a Water right next to my bed and I don't necessarily sip all night but I sip quite a few times. yeah ....I think our guts are hungry!!! LOL!

I was sleeved yesterday. Minimal pain. Taking sips and can tolerate those. My pre exercise is paying off - doing did .5 mile this morning on way to Drs goal of one mike today.

I had a laughing fit the other day that put me into tears it was so painful. I woke up this morning with a jabbing, burning pain in my left side that wasn't like the typical soreness. Called my surgeon today and he said I may have pinched a nerve. Recommended using a heating pad so I'm doing that now. Didn't stop me from my walk or drinking liquids so it's not THAT bad but I'm so annoyed! Just another thing that needs to heal now. Anyone else have that?

1 hour ago, CamillaCallie said:

I had a laughing fit the other day that put me into tears it was so painful. I woke up this morning with a jabbing, burning pain in my left side that wasn't like the typical soreness. Called my surgeon today and he said I may have pinched a nerve. Recommended using a heating pad so I'm doing that now. Didn't stop me from my walk or drinking liquids so it's not THAT bad but I'm so annoyed! Just another thing that needs to heal now. Anyone else have that?

My big incision feels like it's burning, but if I fan it with my shirt pulled up it's fine. Icing it seems to help too. The soreness is finally coming down to a nice low rumble which is beginning to feel better.

35 minutes ago, LylaLovesCoffee said:

My big incision feels like it's burning, but if I fan it with my shirt pulled up it's fine. Icing it seems to help too. The soreness is finally coming down to a nice low rumble which is beginning to feel better.

I don't have any of this at all. BUT...I just asked my husband if he could help me with the stuff left over from the taping on the bandages. I think I may be allergic to it. I have a pretty good rash going on and one started. All in the area where the tape glue is. It's my biggest incision..the one they took the stomach out from and put the drain in. So it had a bigger bandage on it. The other ones just had glue. I just can't see it good enough to get on my own. I want to try to get that excess glue off before I'm a big huge rash!!! Only an itching now an again on a healing smaller incision. No pain, no burning. Keep track of that burning esp if it changes color or oozes.

1 minute ago, BunnyJean said:

I don't have any of this at all. BUT...I just asked my husband if he could help me with the stuff left over from the taping on the bandages. I think I may be allergic to it. I have a pretty good rash going on and one started. All in the area where the tape glue is. It's my biggest incision..the one they took the stomach out from and put the drain in. So it had a bigger bandage on it. The other ones just had glue. I just can't see it good enough to get on my own. I want to try to get that excess glue off before I'm a big huge rash!!! Only an itching now an again on a healing smaller incision. No pain, no burning. Keep track of that burning esp if it changes color or oozes.

I've been watching the colours of my incisions. They're all a nice healthy pink. None of them are angry red or oozy, I just figured I have some nerves in there that are still kinda upset and are telling me all about it. But I will mention it to the team when I go in for my 2 week check up on Monday.

Yeah like when I bend down or use my abs it burns from the inside! I'm so mad at myself :(

3 minutes ago, CamillaCallie said:

Yeah like when I bend down or use my abs it burns from the inside! I'm so mad at myself :(

It's those little reminders that keep us from messing up.. but only if we listen.

11/2/17 I had my surgery and so far down 22 lbs! I'm excited for the new healthy me!

No that is not normal. You are 7 days out and haven't walked? You should be able to walk a couple of hours after surgery and get up every hour or so during the day to do laps around your house. It helps with the pain, gas and with preventing blood clots. If I was you I would call my doctors office. Usually they have a nurse on call to answer your questions. Make sure you have someone help you walk if you haven't been up and about. Are you eating? I did not feel like walking, but the more I walked the better I felt. If I just laid down too long without getting up it really made me more weak and tired. The days I got the least amount of activity the worse I felt.

I am walking a little bit no way near the miles I see people walking on this forum. Hopefully it will get better. My tongue is all white probably from a bit of dehydration!

I am walking a little bit no way near the miles I see people walking on this forum. Hopefully it will get better. My tongue is all white probably from a bit of dehydration!

I had my sleeve on the 10th the first two day very nauseous and barely walked to the bathroom. But today I walked 1,617 steps (using a fit bit to help keep track of my progress) . You definitely need to stay hydrated first and try to just push yourself a little more each day even if it’s just walking back and forth in your house. Today was the first day I left my apartment. Took my dog for a short walk and dragged my teenage son with me just in case I got weak. Best of luck to you in your recovery.

I had my sleeve on the 10th the first two day very nauseous and barely walked to the bathroom. But today I walked 1,617 steps (using a fit bit to help keep track of my progress) . You definitely need to stay hydrated first and try to just push yourself a little more each day even if it’s just walking back and forth in your house. Today was the first day I left my apartment. Took my dog for a short walk and dragged my teenage son with me just in case I got weak. Best of luck to you in your recovery.

Thank you so much!! Will try a good walk today

Sleeved 11/1: down 26lbs since pre-op liquid diet 10/16!! Excited about that!! Today is day 1 of purée foods. Had one scrambled egg for bfast but ate only about half of it.

This last week was rough with the lack of energy but I know that was due to having nothing in me but liquids. I feel energized already today so I am putting on my sneakers and going outside and walking! Have a great day, folks!!