Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depo vs getting pregnant after WLS

Hi there

I am hoping there are a few women on her that can help me!!!

I have had three rounds of the contraception depo and will not be having any more as my partner and I have decided its time for us to have babie (yay!!!)

My question is, is there anyone out there who has had WLS, used the depo then come off to conceiv??

Please there must be someone lol

Thank you :)

20 minutes ago, Rachael0.2 said:

Hi there

I am hoping there are a few women on her that can help me!!!

I have had three rounds of the contraception depo and will not be having any more as my partner and I have decided its time for us to have babie (yay!!!)

My question is, is there anyone out there who has had WLS, used the depo then come off to conceiv??

Please there must be someone lol

Thank you :)

How far post are you? I did the last two you mentioned pre wls I was told to wait alittle before trying once i came off it. took about hmm a year ish.

I too had depo pre WLS and was pregnant about 4 month afterwards. Sorry I can’t help about post op WLS. I’m sure someone might be able too. Hopefully! Happy getting pregnant hon!!!

I was told it would take about 6 months to get pregnant after depo, but obviously it varies! But yeah, if you're pre-op you should wait at least a year, preferably 18 months.

It took my daughter about 14 months to get pregnant after stopping depo, but after that pregnancy she got pg really quick and wasn't really trying.

Not post surgery. It took me a year before I had a period after I stopped depo. I switched to the low dose pill after I got regulated and ended up getting pregnant with my daughter.

HW-292 • SW (6/29/17) 256.6 • CW 198.4

Thank you for all your comments

I am currently 15 months out but after reading that it has taken most people a year to conceive after the depo I have decided not to get my next shot and what will be will be!!

My weight has been pretty stable for a few months now and I'm going to request my bloods all be done so I know what i need to work on, on the run up to conceiving but I don' want to have to wait longer then I have to :)

Took me about 18 months. A year post op. Complications at 3 months pregnant. My son is now 16

Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with catchup!