Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Final pant/dress size?

I started my journey at a UK 32-34, I’m 2 years post op and am now a UK size 6 although I’m just about to embark on my next journey to fix the left over skin and I weight lift too so I expect I’ll be a bit smaller once I’m further along that path too 😉

I just want to share this. Today I went to Walmart and tried on jeans. In Levis, I wear an 8. But when I found these High Waist Skinny Jeans I tried on 3 pair. Now I usually wear 8's and 10's with all of the other pants. I had to get a size 12!!! I hate that there are so many different sizes, this is why I never buy anything without trying them on. I have made the mistake of buying some pants online and then had to go thru the hassle of returning them. THAT is SOMETHING I hate to do!!! Well heck, I hate everything that pertains to clothes shopping!! Hate to try them on and etc. I did go a little crazy at first, just look in my closet. LOL I guess it is a guess and bicollie.

On 10/27/2017 at 11:48 PM, passion4film said:

I'm curious where everyone who has gotten to goal has rounded out, size-wise, compared to where you started.

I wore a size 20 on the day I was sleeved. By the time I reached goal I was wearing a size 2 to size 4 depending on the clothing designer or manufacturer.

I’m 5’6, the highest size I wore was an 18 at 239. At 242 for my revision I was wearing 16s (8/8/17) yesterday I purchased jeans in size 12. They’re a bitt snug but my 14s are getting too big. I also always work 2x or 3x tops. I just purchased T-shirt’s in a large. My crescent roll stick out a bit but my other T-shirt’s in xxl are like dresses.

That’s very interesting! I am only a few weeks post and I started at a size 18 but I was 295. Crazy how everyone’s body is shaped and proportioned differently!

I was just thinking that in my head bc I too started at a 295 and wore a 18 ...But the way I was shaped no one ever believed that I weighed that much.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Weighed 235 - but size 18-20, now 120 size 6-8 - very happy [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery 8/15/16 I started at 341 wearing a size 30-32 pants. And 4x top. As of today I am now 127lbs and wear anywhere from a 1 to 5 pants and small to medium top. Congratulations on your loss!! Keep up the great work.

Which surgery did you have. Amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Sizes are messed up, each manufacturer is so different and vanity sizing is crazy. I have been married 29+ years. My wedding dress was an 8. In those days there was a store called 5,7,9. They were the "small size experts". Things like 00, 0, 1 and 2's and even 4's didn't exist.
I am 5'6". Most people on here are not listing height. A year ago I weighed 248. Had VSG last Halloween and currently weigh 138.
At surgery I was wearing tight 18's in pants. I am bottom heavy. Tops were an XL in regular sizes. Rarely did I need a 1X in tops or dresses.
I now wear a 6 on the bottom and small tops in most brands. I still have some 8 pants that are okay and some 6's that are saggy on my butt.
My daughter is getting married in a couple of weeks. My mother of the bride dress is a fitted 6 and is honestly pretty roomy on my waist.
My girls and I have gotten out my old size 8 wedding dress. It seriously fits my oldest daughter. She is barely over 100 pounds and wears 1's and 2's. My other 2 daughters are 8's in most clothes. My wedding dress doesn't come close to fitting them or me!
I am happy I can wear a 6 but sizes are dumb. I am not small at all, no one would look at me currently and call me skinny.
No wonder they have 00, 0, and 1's and 2's now. It's insane.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

I started in a size 20, am now wearing a size 2 or xs. I thought a size 6 was ambitious when i was starting.

People come in all shapes and sizes..at 5'3" and 230 I wore a size 22 Levi's...At 201 I can still wear them, they are baggy but not falling off me. Today I am wearing size 18 levis, they are a little snug. I am def of the apple shape variety, as most of my weight is right in the middle.

On 10/29/2017 at 3:09 PM, shedo82773 said:

I just want to share this. Today I went to Walmart and tried on jeans. In Levis, I wear an 8. But when I found these High Waist Skinny Jeans I tried on 3 pair. Now I usually wear 8's and 10's with all of the other pants. I had to get a size 12!!! I hate that there are so many different sizes, this is why I never buy anything without trying them on. I have made the mistake of buying some pants online and then had to go thru the hassle of returning them. THAT is SOMETHING I hate to do!!! Well heck, I hate everything that pertains to clothes shopping!! Hate to try them on and etc. I did go a little crazy at first, just look in my closet. LOL I guess it is a guess and bicollie.

AWWW I will take that my SIZE 12's are Vanity Sizing. WOW, I feel so much better now.