Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting

4 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

supposed to be viewed on an app for au

Or you can watch it on your smartphone on the URL as a browser page video ... which is how I posted it. I set it so that there was no geoblock.

I found it!!! 😁 thanks so much.

8 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I’m having a hard time getting the video...supposed to be viewed on an app for au, but my phone isn’t supporting it. ???? @Apple1, did you find a us link? Would you mind posting it?

Try this link. There is an option to download the MP4. That is how I watched it on my laptop. Part 2 is the show with the IF info. I am watching part 1 now.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/4751097.htm

8 minutes ago, Rainbow_Warrior said:

They are captioned. Unless you're hard of hearing, you won't need the captions. Except for the bogans and rednecks, we speak great English in this country.

Yes it English lol... I thought she meant for hearing impaired.

2 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

I found it!!! 😁 thanks so much.

LOL... I just posted and then you did!!:lol:

Im deaf. i need captions. Did not see how to start it

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

So, while you people "offshore from Australia" are enjoying our WEIGHT LOSS and HEALTH television, I thought you might like SBS's "The Obesity Myth" from September 2017.

Enjoy!

The Obesity Myth Part 1

Battling the Biology

www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1036488771874

The Obesity Myth Part 2

Eating Your Feelings

www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1039923779969

The Obesity Myth Part 3

A Series Of Complications

www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1039923779970

10 hours ago, reallyrosy said:

I am hard of hearing, both ears. I need captions most times especially with heavy accents. I missed a little not knowing what some have said but got the most of it (wore earbuds and loud). I did try to find cc though and couldn’t either. Hope you find something!

Its typical. Less so in US but not 100% on line anywhere. Dont like craptions [auto captioning] either. Shrug.

6 hours ago, reallyrosy said:

craptions

Lol. First I’ve ever heard of that. I know what you mean!!!

11 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I did try to find cc though and couldn’t either. Hope you find something!

This is where to find it.

Bump the bottom of your video/youtube screen with your mouse, your finger or your trackpad gesture and these features are there.

I have labelled them for you.

IMG_1427.thumb.jpg.b8245ae15ac3ce200fe37a89d7fc564e.jpg

22 hours ago, reallyrosy said:

I just labelled this screen capture to help you and others. Instructions are now a comment to two above here.

IMG_1427.thumb.jpg.1c6360621625dc89c53b80d0718c07d6.jpg

Great! Thank u. I will look again

"The appeal is that [fasting] is quick, but it is quick Fluid loss, not substantial weight loss," says Madelyn Fernstrom, PhD, of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Weight Loss Management Center. "If it's easy off, it will come back quickly - as soon as you start eating normally again."

"My experience has been that [this] way of eating does not produce weight loss even in the short term," dietitian and author of Diet Simple Katherine Tallmadge told ABC News in 2013.

10 minutes ago, Waler said:

"The appeal is that [fasting] is quick, but it is quick Fluid loss, not substantial weight loss," says Madelyn Fernstrom, PhD, of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Weight Loss Management Center. "If it's easy off, it will come back quickly - as soon as you start eating normally again."

"My experience has been that [this] way of eating does not produce weight loss even in the short term," dietitian and author of Diet Simple Katherine Tallmadge told ABC News in 2013.

Ok, but where is the data and peer reviewed journal articles? This is what we need to see especially since you were so critical of using the internet for information.

I have found even more evidence that intermittent fasting has been used very successfully to reverse Type 2 diabetes. I will post more links later to other journal articles. I am busy today at work.