Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you doing? How are you feeling? How are you planning for surgery? Has your pre-op diet started yet?

My surgery is scheduled for early morning on the 21st of November. I am excited and nervous and trying to plan ahead. My pre-op diet is only 7 days, so it starts the 13th and ends at midnight on the 20th, no food afterwards. My pre-op class is on the 11th and all of my post op appointments are set as well. I made Bone Broth using beef bones (I hate it!), chicken bones (holy yumminess!) and ham hocks (soooooooo good!). I also made some cream Soups for the freezer for when I am allowed to eat them. I plan to make refried Beans & also a pumpkin/butternut squash Soup that I read about on another thread. I am trying to figure out what exactly to pack for the hospital. I want to take school stuff (I’m in college) but I doubt I will have the focus to study. Are you planning to take anything for entertainment or do you think you will just rest?

Have a great day!

Amanda

HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish

My surgery is Nov 14th. I am starting my pre op diet on 10/31/17. The broth I am going to go with is the sam's club organic those are good I like them. I think that is pretty cool that you made your own. For the hospital I am packing my phone/phone charger, comfy clothes to go home, slippers and gas x. The hospital i'm having my surgery at they give a travel bag that has toothbrush, soaps, roll on, and things like that. I don't wanna take too much into the hospital because I am a germaphobe if I can't wash it it does not need to be there. As time is getting closer I am starting to feel nervous.

My surgery is Nov 14th. I am starting my pre op diet on 10/31/17. The broth I am going to go with is the sam's club organic those are good I like them. I think that is pretty cool that you made your own. For the hospital I am packing my phone/phone charger, comfy clothes to go home, slippers and gas x. The hospital i'm having my surgery at they give a travel bag that has toothbrush, soaps, roll on, and things like that. I don't wanna take too much into the hospital because I am a germaphobe if I can't wash it it does not need to be there. As time is getting closer I am starting to feel nervous.

I will keep the Sam’s Club broth in mind incase my taste changes or I run out of mine. That is great that your hospital supplies all of that.

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

Another November 21st buddy! I've been trying to get ready for post sugery by making some Soups and broths, but work has been extremely busy this time of year. My pre op diet will start on Nov 7th - I meet with the dietician on Nov 6th and they go over everything. They also require you purchase all the pre op shakes/bars from them - honestly it will make my life so much easier this way. But I'm definitely counting down the days! For the hospital, I'm not going to take too much, I'm sure I'll be pretty out of it most of the time. But I'll take some comfy clothing and maybe my tablet.

Best of luck to you!

Another November 21st buddy! I've been trying to get ready for post sugery by making some Soups and broths, but work has been extremely busy this time of year. My pre op diet will start on Nov 7th - I meet with the dietician on Nov 6th and they go over everything. They also require you purchase all the pre op shakes/bars from them - honestly it will make my life so much easier this way. But I'm definitely counting down the days! For the hospital, I'm not going to take too much, I'm sure I'll be pretty out of it most of the time. But I'll take some comfy clothing and maybe my tablet.

Best of luck to you!

Yay surgery buddies! It does sound easier to have to buy everything through them. I think I will leave the studying for when I get home, the more I think about it the better resting sounds lol.

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

I'm going to Mexico on 11/4 for same day surgery, and super excited. I started weening off sugar and caffeine so Pre-Op & Post-Op diets would not be extra challenging. Made my Jello today and picked up some extra drinks (G2, Power Ade Zero), and of course I have bouillon cubes LOL!. I stocked up on Premier shakes and Isopure drinks too. I hear Premier has Fruit Drinks too. I also bought Barbaric Pal Protein powders chocolate, vanilla, and plane to add to broth and such. Also have coming Unjury Protein Powder chicken Soup. I hear its fabulous. I live alone and don't want to be stuck not feeling well and have to go to the store. Best wishes everyone.

Found a nice person to watch my dog, and so thankful to have her caring for him. Haven't packed yet. Going to school online and trying to get ahead because i will be out of commission for a few days, and I am not packing all my books and computer.

Anyone else having to put things on hold or manage timeline for a few days?