Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2-3 years later any side effects of smoking? I’m about a week out since surgery and just want to be able to smoke again one day and know I’m not going to get ulcers... I don’t understand the correlation between smoking weed and ulcers. There is evidence with nicotine but there are a lot of studies showing that smoking weed actually reduces stomach acid. And it goes to you lungs... I just don’t get it

I saw this old thread and it made me wonder: is it the truth that vaping this stuff can cause some strange lung diseases? I've read about it. Some officials are talking about banning vape itself right now. I never vaped this stuff, BTW. I use CBD for a good sleep, but I use these CBD baeys gummies from the Europe I've found not so long ago. It's fine for me, but right now I'm looking for ways to convince my friend that he should stop vaping CBD and use the stuff I use. Or maybe I'm overreacting?

Edited by MrSandman

I use MMJ tincture oil in the evenings, it was prescribed for nerve pain after back surgery. I only use it near bedtime, helps inflammation and comfort sleeping. BUT, I do have to plan a SMALL healthy snack b/c munchies can set in😩. The usual thing I do is keep a bottle of Premier Raspberry Clear Protein next to me to sip thru evening, and I PLAN those 90 Calories/20 Protein grams into my day’s plan. Keeping my Protein level stable through the evening really keeps munchies at bay and I can garner the other great medicinal benefits, including sleeping like a baby without being awakened with pain!

Re: fear of addiction-I have none. I use a small amount of tincture and have for about a year. I realized it wasn’t working as well as early on, so rather than using more💰, last month I completely stopped for a week to reset my tolerance. There was no issue not taking it for a week-none what so ever. Psychological addiction CAN happen to people though, so personal responsibility comes with it, as with our eating and everything else in life!

Good luck!

Edited by Lily66

Addiction isn't a concern of mine. I was a consistent weed smoker/user for years. I stopped for surgery for the last 5 months (my first scheduled procedure got postponed bc of COVID) and I had no problem stopping. This may not be the case for everyone, but it was for me. And Ive taken breaks in the past as well.

Im two weeks post op and spoke to my surgeon. Not all are agree and that's mostly because there isn't a lot of research done about using weed post op. Since post op smoking cigarettes can cause ulcers some people are told all types of smoking (weed) does the same. But there are actually many studies proving that smoking and vaping weed reduce the amount of stomach acid in the stomach. Anyway, my surgeon told me from a surgical/sleeve perspective smoking, vaping, tinctures, sublingual tabs are safe after 3 months. But obviously watch out for the munchies, luckily that hasn't been a big issue for me ever. I definitely trust my surgeon he's done thousands of these procedures and there are no studies that prove smoking weed can cause ulcers. Obviously there are side effects of smoking and vaping, which you take on regardless of this surgery.

started blazing at 4 months post-op. seems to be going ok. I don't think it's a big deal, but I am wondering if I should mention it to my medical team in my next post-op appointment. oh and just gotta watch the munchies as always ;)