Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had completed my milk and jelly diet was on nil by mouth all night they got me up and ready I was sat around for hours in my gown and stockings and then somehow even though I had been over night they canciled my surgery as they didn't have a bed for after. This hospital doesn't have an a and e department so it was because of that. So it was pretty much sorry we can't do can you get dressed and go now as we want this bed. Crushed doesn't even describe it. So I will have a new date within 28 days so now I'm still not aloud food for up to 28 days it's killing me and mine is so strict it's sugar free jelly and 3 pints of skimmed milk a day. No food no Soup no broth I can't do this for like 6 weeks I really can't. I've been trying to do this since 2015 I got to pre assement before and then they took me off the list as supposedly wasn't mentally well enough but I dissagree. So start again the surgeon said I will only have to wait 2 months well it was 7 and now it could be another month. I understand things happen but it's always to me I feel like I've been kicked in the teeth I'm just tierd of this prosses I just feel like I'm destined to die of obesity.

I am so sorry to hear this[emoji53] that is very frustrating and imho that is unprofessional practices. You are working hard and you should not have to wait again. I do not understand the jelly/milk diet? Are you in the US? My weight management center does have surgical suites, but my dr does it in the hospital so his patients have the best care afterwards. I did have my egd done in the surgical suites at the weight management center.
I understand you frustration with the waiting. I went in November last year for my consultation. They told me that my insurance would require me to lose at least 5 lbs and take 6 nutrition classes with 4 weeks in between each one. I had everything done by late Feb/ early March. They told me I had to bring my cpap with me and I said I havent been using it, because it seemed to strong. They said it was too old and they couldnt download the information from it or change it. So I had to go to neurology, and they ordered a home test. It did not give them results to conclude I no longer had sleep apnea. Then I had to go for a sleep study. 2 month wait for neurology, and a 4 month wait for the sleep study. Thankfully I no longer have it! I am now my 7th day post op. It has been a long, hard and frustrating road for me, so I can not even begin to know how you feel. You are not destined to die of obesity. Keep your head up and keep trudging along! My insurance company required me to lose 5 lb and I lost 25! Strive for better days ahead! Praying for you and hoping things get better. If you have any questions or even just to vent, lmk! I am happy to try to help!

I'm in the UK so was a bit different I've lost about 30kg in total over the cause of waiting I was over 200kg they asked me to try and loose but I didnt have to I just couldn't gain any so I've worked hard the most I've ever lost but I know I won't be able to maintain and jeep going without surgery I never can or have . Unfortunately because I'm such I big size to start with you can't tell much so that's hard as I kinda don't believe it. I know ther3s nothing I can do to change this right now so just got to roll with it thanks for replying.

The milk and jelly diet is I have to have 3 pints of skimmed milk a day and sugar free jelly. That's all the food I'm aloud then I can have sugar free and non fizzy drinks I've had to do it two weeks to shrink my liver so I have no energy just so tierd I'm getting under 500 cal a day

Ugh I can’t even imagine how you must feel. I’m so sorry. Don’t give up though. You’ve struggled and gone through too much. Have your day of pity (you deserve it!) and then do your very best to get this done. It sucks now but some day it’ll be a memory and behind you and you’ll be on your way to better health. But, ugh, that must’ve been crushing. :(

I was allowed to eat all the way up to 2 days before surgery, horrible break you got.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm in the UK so was a bit different I've lost about 30kg in total over the cause of waiting I was over 200kg they asked me to try and loose but I didnt have to I just couldn't gain any so I've worked hard the most I've ever lost but I know I won't be able to maintain and jeep going without surgery I never can or have . Unfortunately because I'm such I big size to start with you can't tell much so that's hard as I kinda don't believe it. I know ther3s nothing I can do to change this right now so just got to roll with it thanks for replying.

Anytime! I figured you were not in the US, welcome from the UK. I know that its hard to see when you are big. I was 350 lbs,2 years ago next month. I lost 90 lbs myself in the process. I was very discouraged because my clothes really did not feel looser until about 6 months ago. I think it is hard with any weight loss. I hope you have a wonderful support system. I have been back and forth with so many diets, I knew this was my only option. I am not good at maintaining a weight. It us never an easy journey. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best and that your new surgery date is soon!

3 hours ago, Ironholly said:

Had completed my milk and jelly diet was on nil by mouth all night they got me up and ready I was sat around for hours in my gown and stockings and then somehow even though I had been over night they canciled my surgery as they didn't have a bed for after. This hospital doesn't have an a and e department so it was because of that. So it was pretty much sorry we can't do can you get dressed and go now as we want this bed. Crushed doesn't even describe it. So I will have a new date within 28 days so now I'm still not aloud food for up to 28 days it's killing me and mine is so strict it's sugar free jelly and 3 pints of skimmed milk a day. No food no Soup no broth I can't do this for like 6 weeks I really can't. I've been trying to do this since 2015 I got to pre assement before and then they took me off the list as supposedly wasn't mentally well enough but I dissagree. So start again the surgeon said I will only have to wait 2 months well it was 7 and now it could be another month. I understand things happen but it's always to me I feel like I've been kicked in the teeth I'm just tierd of this prosses I just feel like I'm destined to die of obesity.

Hi, I am in the UK , so know all about milk and jelly, i had the option to do a low carb plan but opted for jelly and milk and got great results, so sorry to hear this, i went private so this couldnt happen , you can do this it will be worth it in the end you have done so well , its so understandable you feel this way , i didnt believe it was going to happen for sure till i woke up. But keep up researching eating plan for after etc etc, you got all your Vitamins sorted? use this time to get even more on point than you were.

Hi, I am in the UK , so know all about milk and jelly, i had the option to do a low carb plan but opted for jelly and milk and got great results, so sorry to hear this, i went private so this couldnt happen , you can do this it will be worth it in the end you have done so well , its so understandable you feel this way , i didnt believe it was going to happen for sure till i woke up. But keep up researching eating plan for after etc etc, you got all your Vitamins sorted? use this time to get even more on point than you were.

When you say jelly is that like smuckers grape jelly or something else?

47 minutes ago, Joann454 said:

When you say jelly is that like smuckers grape jelly or something else?

any kind of sugar free 'jello' I hate the texture so just drank the milk lol

Hi guys thanks for your support. I only had to wait a week so I've just come down from icu where I spent the night and I'm now allowed Water and going to work my way to a hot drink today. :)

On oral morphine now as my swallow was good so start food tomorow. Yay.

Woohooo! Congrats!! It was worth it, wasnt it?

SW:350 (11/2015)
BSW:260 (10/17/17)
CW:250 (officially down by 100 lbs. since the start of my journey!)
GW:175