Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 years...I’m back because I need help!

Hi guys! It’s been a while. I put the app back on my phone. It’s been 4 years since my surgery. I’ve bounced up 25 pounds from my lowest weight. I need to get it off. My old addiction crept back in. I’m grazing. Eating sliders and am a carboholic again! Help and advice appreciated!

Don’t get me wrong. This is the best thing I have ever done. I am stronger than ever. Work out every day. Have tons of energy. I just need to get my head right again!!

C71B74F9-0C18-4FEF-AAE3-FAB329616E62.jpg

start back at the beginning and track..track track what you are eating. You can do this

start back at the beginning and track..track track what you are eating. You can do this

You are so right! I started tracking today and I’m cutting the carb monster out.

18 hours ago, Bombs said:

Hi guys! It’s been a while. I put the app back on my phone. It’s been 4 years since my surgery. I’ve bounced up 25 pounds from my lowest weight. I need to get it off. My old addiction crept back in. I’m grazing. Eating sliders and am a carboholic again! Help and advice appreciated!

Don’t get me wrong. This is the best thing I have ever done. I am stronger than ever. Work out every day. Have tons of energy. I just need to get my head right again!!

C71B74F9-0C18-4FEF-AAE3-FAB329616E62.jpg

Frustrating when you have a gain. I'm 3 years and I'm also here getting back on track. Not saying do as I do..This is what I've had to do to get the scale to move in my favor....

I had to detox off carbs..Once I have them I crave them. I cleared out the house. Told my husband he needs to hid his own goodies. If I find them they go in the trash. (harsh but,I too tempted right now...)

I trying to be more mindful of my choices : I'm recognizing head hunger, stress/ emotional eating, boredom eating and satisfying cravings.

Grazing . I bought a vegetable tray pack. If I feel like grazing I allow myself raw veggies. (when my head say no, I want something else..then I know it's not real hunger)

I started meal prepping on sundays. My meals are ready for the week.

I broke down and bought a food scale for more accuracy with my food app log. ( I still use myfittnesspal)

Working out is my therapy. I'm good in that area for now.

You have lost weight before you can do this again. You still have your surgery as a tool.

You rock, jenn. It’s good to have people that understand!

4 hours ago, Bombs said:

You are so right! I started tracking today and I’m cutting the carb monster out.

Great idea! That should make a huge difference. With me, carbs make me hungry & crave more carbs. First week or so may be tough as your body detoxes, but you got this!!

Another thing that helps me is fat. I was doing low carb, low fat, high Protein. Maintenance was a very thin tightrope, until I began to allow some fats in my diet. I stay full & satisfied longer which in turn makes me eat less in the long run and have fewer to no cravings.

It's all about finding your perfect balance for you.

Thank you. I agree. I’m going with 40/40/20 macros. The fat keeps you satiated. Now the detox. Day 1 done and tracked!

Ok guys. Day 3 done with your help. Much appreciated

Ok guys. Day 3 done with your help. Much appreciated

Whoo hoo!

51 year old woman
VSG DATE: 10/28/17
5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 249
SW: ---
GOAL: 135