Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I having trouble deciding weather to do the surgery or not im on a budget and cant really afford to do it im 482 and been heavy my whole life and if i dont im gonna die i want to do it but im scared

Sent from my SM-T350 using BariatricPal mobile app

It has been tight for me, I do have two insurances but decided to only use the one meaning I had co pays to pay out of pocket and 300. Nutritionist fees. Im a disabled, single mom. I’ve had to truely tighten the purse strings. To have this surgey. If you can find a good one local to you if you can. I have to drive 45 minutes away so that uses money too.

I having trouble deciding weather to do the surgery or not im on a budget and cant really afford to do it im 482 and been heavy my whole life and if i dont im gonna die i want to do it but im scared

You have to weigh the pros and cons. Is being almost 500 pounds worth risking death? Any meds? Pain? Co-morbidities? Are there any luxuries that you can do without? I don't have the answers; just some ideas to think about.

Wishing you the best with your journey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using BariatricPal mobile app

I do feel for you. It also seems so hard to get surgery in the states and a lot of jumping through hoops. I do hope that you find a way. You're so worth it. Maybe you just need to. It's your life here and you are precious. Very best wishes

I know the feeling of being on a tight budget and thinking you can’t afford it. Really though when it all comes down to it can you really afford not to do it? Your health is worth way more than any struggles you may have with coming up with the funds.

13 hours ago, Brebrejonassen said:

It sounds to me like you can't afford to NOT have the surgery. Good luck.

17 hours ago, Brebrejonassen said:

on a budget and cant really afford

@Brebrejonassen

@DaleCruse said, "It sounds to me like you can't afford to NOT have the surgery"

i agree with the above, probably many OP would also agree.

you know that being overweight can/will cause many health issues/

problems (diabetes, blood pressure, joint pain. to name a few. etc Having

WLS is life changing, would be terrific for you. turn in copies of ie

your income, debts, electricity, heat, food, normal essentials to hospital:rolleyes:

hospital will/might help with your total bill .hospital would rather get

some money from you than none at all (if they don't work with you) then

hospital should/might help lower the bill considerably!! monthly pymts?

this entire process will probably take quite a while,IMO it's worth the

trouble. (and frustration) you will have to deal with. take yourself

off the back burner. Go up front where you belong. i have confidence

in you - get to work!!:rolleyes:

"God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It"

best wishes

good luck

kathy

You're going to pay whether you have the surgery or not...

If you don't have bariatric surgery, you'll probably accrue $100,000+ in medical bills with a future heart attack, stroke, knee replacement, or plenty of dialysis chair time.

If you have bariatric surgery, you'll pay for the surgery itself or the insurance co-pay, but you'll probably avoid a $100,000 stay in the hospital intensive care unit.

My insurance covers it however I already have $1600 out of pocket (copays and surgeon fees, etc). Thank goodness I have an HSA that we set up years ago. The kids may have to go without braces in 5 years but at least it's getting used!