Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach Cramps after "Eating"

Hey everyone. I am only about 9 days out from getting my sleeve. I have been trying to transition to full liquids on my plan, but literally everything makes my stomach cramp. It's like I almost feel like I have a stomach virus every time I put something into my sleeve. Even my stage one liquids are starting to bother me. I feel so miserable and slightly regretting my decision of doing this. I just want to feel better. Please tell me someone else has experienced this and knows how to help me.

Sleeved 10/10/17 • HW 280 (3/1/17) • SW 259 (10/10) • GW 180 (TBD)

Hi! My stomach was uncomfortable and I had times when it hurt. I had days I had energy, but most days not. I know how you feel! Hang in there, it will get better! Im on soft food and it feels stuck in my back, so i think its just a process. I have had the same thoughts. Today is one in two weeks i dont feel that way!

Take it really slow and allow your body to heal. It definitely takes a while.

I had RNY 10/03/17, I occasionally get this pain from eating or drinking and it comes suddenly, I feel it helps to walk immediately when pain starts within a few minutes pain is gone, I'm learning what triggers this and try to avoid repeating it, like drinking ice cold Water, some recommended foods that just don't agree with me. Hope you feel better.

Take smaller sips or bites. Remember that the stomach has gone through a shock, the nerves and muscle work slower. I am 3 Months out and get muscle spasms if I swallow too fast or too large an amount.

You are not alone. I am 8 days post op and I Water makes me cramp so you know the Protein Drinks give me trouble. I'm making snail progress but still it's progress. I would try to lean towards more of the Clear Liquids for now until your tummy is ready. I'm no pro buts that's what I'm doing.

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved 10/2 and started getting stomach "spasms" about 10 days out which led to vomiting. Because my tolerance for liquids decreased, my surgical team suspects it may be my gallbladder which they confirmed is full of stones. Do you get any aching or pain lower and to the right of your main surgical site? If so, you may want to have your gallbladder checked.

I was sleeved 10/2 and started getting stomach "spasms" about 10 days out which led to vomiting. Because my tolerance for liquids decreased, my surgical team suspects it may be my gallbladder which they confirmed is full of stones. Do you get any aching or pain lower and to the right of your main surgical site? If so, you may want to have your gallbladder checked.

I haven't noticed an aching pain but I do still have my gallbladder. I will give my surgeon a call. I'm just miserable.

Sleeved 10/10/17 • HW 280 (3/1/17) • SW 259 (10/10) • CW 242 (10/21) • GW 180 (TBD)

Did you have an ultrasound of your gallbladder prior to surgery ?

What foods are you eating post op giving you pains?

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give an update now that I'm 12 days post op. After feeling defeated I decided that I was going to do everything I can to make this a positive experience. I realized that there are just some foods that I cannot tolerate, but there are also some that I can. If something makes my stomach hurt I immediately put it down and try something else. I was also making the mistake of drinking Water while I ate which is a big no no. It was a hard habit to break. Someone suggested I try to drink some tea in the morning to help loosen and calm my stomach. I have been doing that and it has really helped. I'm hoping it gets better from here. I know I am in a much better place than last week so that has to account for something right?

Sleeved 10/10/17 • HW 280 (3/1/17) • SW 259 (10/10) • CW 242 (10/21) • GW 180 (TBD)

1 hour ago, amb052492 said:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give an update now that I'm 12 days post op. After feeling defeated I decided that I was going to do everything I can to make this a positive experience. I realized that there are just some foods that I cannot tolerate, but there are also some that I can. If something makes my stomach hurt I immediately put it down and try something else. I was also making the mistake of drinking Water while I ate which is a big no no. It was a hard habit to break. Someone suggested I try to drink some tea in the morning to help loosen and calm my stomach. I have been doing that and it has really helped. I'm hoping it gets better from here. I know I am in a much better place than last week so that has to account for something right?

So happy you are feeling better and figuring out what helps!