Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm about five months post op and I have been horrible this last month. Old habits slipping back in. Not weighing or measuring. I've felt horrible physically and emotionally. What is wrong with me? I fought so hard to get this surgery and was convinced I'd do great.

So, I've started pushing Water and weighing everything.

Ev. Er. Ree. Thing!

Logging and tracking. No estimating.

I'm really disappointed in myself. :(

You went through The surgery, you already won! Some of us are struggling to get there. You got to revamp you way of eating and so do I Joanne. We all have issues and will work them out. Keep it up and measure, prepare, plan and stay strong. Just like life, sometimes we have to pick our self up and begin again. You got this!

Sent from my SM-S550TL using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks you two. I'm such an all or nothing type of person and it's not worked out well for me to be that way. It's crazy because I honestly didn't think I had many food issues. Just that I ate the wrong stuff. I was so wrong. I got the issues for sure. I'll try that approach, Julie. If I continue to struggle I'm going to make an appt to speak to someone. I also need to stay active on this board. It definitely helps and as soon as I started eating lousy I avoided coming here. I want to be successful! Thanks again.

Maybe you need to add new allowed foods, maybe you were bored with routine. food is pleasurable, become a food snob - pick the best fish, freshest vegetables, light candles - set an atmosphere for you and your partner.

And find a way to relax and relieve stress, are things too hectic? Are you afraid to succeed? What happens JUST before you stick that bad choice in your mouth?

(I am upstairs in the sewing room while the family eats....I made the salad, pork chops, and asparagus - be d@mned if I'm gonna watch people eat it!!)

Sounds like you’re trying to get back on track. I think food addiction is a lifelong struggle. It can be hard to ask for help, but my nutritionist stresses how important it is to reach out when you need it.

I can only speak for myself but as the newness wears off I know I will probably fall back into my same routine as well. That is why I try to mix up the routine as much as possible like any addiction complacency is a killer.

Maybe you need to add new allowed foods, maybe you were bored with routine. food is pleasurable, become a food snob - pick the best fish, freshest vegetables, light candles - set an atmosphere for you and your partner.
And find a way to relax and relieve stress, are things too hectic? Are you afraid to succeed? What happens JUST before you stick that bad choice in your mouth?
(I am upstairs in the sewing room while the family eats....I made the salad, pork chops, and asparagus - be d@mned if I'm gonna watch people eat it!!)

How come you can't have the dinner you made? Unless you breaded the chops it sounds on plan. Am I wrong? Maybe this is part of my struggle.
So you asked what happens before I eat the bad food. The thing is, nothing. It's easy to eat lousy and requires more work (planning and preparation) to eat well. Also, once I eat carbs I crave more carbs and then I feel awful when I eat them AND because they're usually not dense I can eat much more. It's literally everything I've read on here since I joined. The good news is I did really well today. Got 100 grams of Protein in and all my Water and a walk. Emotionally I feel better just by taking back some control. Thanks for helping. :)

I can only speak for myself but as the newness wears off I know I will probably fall back into my same routine as well. That is why I try to mix up the routine as much as possible like any addiction complacency is a killer.

When was your surgery?
Yup, I got complacent and lazy. No more!

I am in the same boat I had a bad day Wednesday. It was the first day I didn't log every bite- then Thursday and Friday the same. It spiraled me out of control. I started eating more carbs and snacking. Today is a new day and a reboot$

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 179.0 GW 135

@Joann454 I am just a 'mouthy' pre-op on the liquid diet....lol....3 days until surgery.

I just remember from my successful dieting times that after a certain time I would slip back into trigger/bad foods and it was usually based on three things - boredom food rut, sudden fear from unwanted attention to my changing body, or anxiety from something I was trying not to face.... (like bad habits will actually help ANY of those issues).

Hang in there.

[mention=269602]Joann454[/mention] I am just a 'mouthy' pre-op on the liquid diet....lol....3 days until surgery.
I just remember from my successful dieting times that after a certain time I would slip back into trigger/bad foods and it was usually based on three things - boredom food rut, sudden fear from unwanted attention to my changing body, or anxiety from something I was trying not to face.... (like bad habits will actually help ANY of those issues).
Hang in there.

I wish you all the luck with your surgery!

Thanks you two. I'm such an all or nothing type of person and it's not worked out well for me to be that way. It's crazy because I honestly didn't think I had many food issues. Just that I ate the wrong stuff. I was so wrong. I got the issues for sure. I'll try that approach, Julie. If I continue to struggle I'm going to make an appt to speak to someone. I also need to stay active on this board. It definitely helps and as soon as I started eating lousy I avoided coming here. I want to be successful! Thanks again.

I have to admit, yesterday I felt very discouraged. It was day 6. I have an efficiency apartment attached to my cousins house. We got a stove, but the wall outlet needs to be updated. I was walking over to their kitchen to do everything. Thankfully I borrowed a ninja, which is a god send. But, taking a pot of Soup (5 c saucepan) over, heating it up, bringing it back over, pureeing it, straining it, measuring it, and then to do it all over again. Alot if work, a lot of time, alot of dishes (btw, I hate doing dishes) i usually do enough for 2 meals, but have to go back over to reheat the 2nd. (I know some are saying microwave. I can not. Home made Bone Broth should never be warmed in a microwave, certain minerals can render it toxic, and I want no additional issues) i bought a 2 burner hotplate, but it came in broken. Target is refunding my money, but they have no more in stock (online only item, it is not carried in their stores) so they do not want this one back. So yesterday I got out the superglue and pieced it back together. Yay! So that is less work! Hoping it lasts until the stove is fixed!
It is extremely hard to keep away from triggers, or to find healthy solutions for them that are satisfying. This is a life changer, and it is very easy to slip right back into old habits. I used to eat for every single emotion. Happy, sad, mad and even content. One thing I always crave/want is ice cream. I made a frozen frappe, 12 oz cold coffee, 3 c ice, 1/4 c skim milk, 4 T sf pumpkin Creamer, blend and enjoy! It does make 2 servings, so I usually do it at night and have 1 serving and the melted one the following morning before breakfast! It fills that void. It takes time to figure that all out. Give yourself a break. We are all human and we are creatures of habit. Hang in there, you are doing great!

I have to admit, yesterday I felt very discouraged. It was day 6. I have an efficiency apartment attached to my cousins house. We got a stove, but the wall outlet needs to be updated. I was walking over to their kitchen to do everything. Thankfully I borrowed a ninja, which is a god send. But, taking a pot of Soup (5 c saucepan) over, heating it up, bringing it back over, pureeing it, straining it, measuring it, and then to do it all over again. Alot if work, a lot of time, alot of dishes (btw, I hate doing dishes) i usually do enough for 2 meals, but have to go back over to reheat the 2nd. (I know some are saying microwave. I can not. Home made Bone Broth should never be warmed in a microwave, certain minerals can render it toxic, and I want no additional issues) i bought a 2 burner hotplate, but it came in broken. Target is refunding my money, but they have no more in stock (online only item, it is not carried in their stores) so they do not want this one back. So yesterday I got out the superglue and pieced it back together. Yay! So that is less work! Hoping it lasts until the stove is fixed!
It is extremely hard to keep away from triggers, or to find healthy solutions for them that are satisfying. This is a life changer, and it is very easy to slip right back into old habits. I used to eat for every single emotion. Happy, sad, mad and even content. One thing I always crave/want is ice cream. I made a frozen frappe, 12 oz cold coffee, 3 c ice, 1/4 c skim milk, 4 T sf pumpkin Creamer, blend and enjoy! It does make 2 servings, so I usually do it at night and have 1 serving and the melted one the following morning before breakfast! It fills that void. It takes time to figure that all out. Give yourself a break. We are all human and we are creatures of habit. Hang in there, you are doing great!

YOU are doing great. That’s a lot of obstacles very early in your journey to be faced with. Coming up with healthy alternatives is work but you’re doing it.
I’m actually feeling and doing much better since I posted. I stopped making poor choices and started logging again. It feels good!