Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on December 5th

My VSG is scheduled for December 5th. I'm excited for sure but I'm also nervous. I'm doing this alone. I don't have the support of my sister or my son. My daughter is on the fence and my daughter-in-law has said she won't support me if I have the surgery. I've told my few friends and they are supportive but the all have jobs and home life and not able to help out the first few days I'm home. I'll be alone at the hospital and that has me nervous because I'm a bit of a basket case before surgery.

Just wondering if anyone else flew solo on this journey and what your experience was.

Thanks so much!

Hi I am having surgery December 2nd and although I have a lot of support happy to be there for you to discuss on here how we are feeling pre and post surgery. Good luck x

Hi ya'll! I am having surgery Dec 7th and also have some support. My boyfriend and kids don't think I need it but are there for me because I have made this decision. If you need another person to help support you I am here as well!! I am in Maryland!! Good Luck! And just know your doing this for you and hopefully you will get up and going and not need the help you think you may need.

38 minutes ago, tahoegirl96118 said:

Thanks! That would be great.

I'm in Northern California, having surgery at Kaiser Fremont.

Hey tahoegirl, I'm having mine on Dec 5th too. I'm in Northern California, having it at Methodist in Sacramento. I'm a little nervous too, but I'm sure we will both be fine.

4 minutes ago, Jade5 said:

Hey tahoegirl, I'm having mine on Dec 5th too. I'm in Northern California, having it at Methodist in Sacramento. I'm a little nervous too, but I'm sure we will both be fine.

We'll do exceptional. From what I've read it's totally normal to be nervous. I'm not one for drugs but I'm pretty sure I'll be asking for something to settle my nerves the day of surgery.

2 minutes ago, tahoegirl96118 said:

We'll do exceptional. From what I've read it's totally normal to be nervous. I'm not one for drugs but I'm pretty sure I'll be asking for something to settle my nerves the day of surgery.

Now about that 2 week pre-op diet....OH MY!!! That's definitely going to be a challenge for me. I think I'm more nervous about that.:blush:

1 hour ago, Jade5 said:

Now about that 2 week pre-op diet....OH MY!!! That's definitely going to be a challenge for me. I think I'm more nervous about that.:blush:

My surgeon doesn't do a liquid pre-op diet. With that being said I have to stay at goal weight for the next 6 weeks which could be hard. My weight fluctuates based on sodium content. Today my feet look like little pillows but it is warmer than usual for this time of year.

I'll be doing a self imposed liquid diet for 1 week pre-op. I did find out today that I'll have to do a bowel prep the night before. Not pleasant at all.

1 minute ago, tahoegirl96118 said:

My surgeon doesn't do a liquid pre-op diet. With that being said I have to stay at goal weight for the next 6 weeks which could be hard. My weight fluctuates based on sodium content. Today my feet look like little pillows but it is warmer than usual for this time of year.

I'll be doing a self imposed liquid diet for 1 week pre-op. I did find out today that I'll have to do a bowel prep the night before. Not pleasant at all.

Eeessshh, a bowel prep. I'm sure that will be fun...lol. Did that when I had my colonoscopy. I'm sure I'll be a mean crazy witch, while I'm on my 2 week liquid diet. Even my supervisor at work told me he won't be coming be my desk at that time....lol.

Hi! I’m currently at my pre-op appointment at kaiser Fremont! My surgery is scheduled for November 20th. Do you attend the support group at kaiser in Fremont?