Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. I need your help. I already had my surgery about 3 months ago and are feeling great at this point but, I have my wife who had hers about 3 1/2 weeks ago and she's still having a hard time. She's experiencing bad nausea, stomach discomfort and some vomiting. She's hardly eating anything because of how she's feeling. She has contacted her surgeon and he prescribed some nausea medication but, even with that she is feeling the same. She has an appointment set to see him next Monday. What I need help with is knowing if feeling this way is normal? I myself didn't go through that but, has anyone experienced this?

I've read countless threads ok...

Take ur wife to emerge..dont wait..

it doesn't seem normal...and at 3.5 wks she needs to eat..she needs that food that's she us not getting.. something isn't right ..make a drink.. make a scene..whatever..get her looked at.

Hello everyone. I need your help. I already had my surgery about 3 months ago and are feeling great at this point but, I have my wife who had hers about 3 1/2 weeks ago and she's still having a hard time. She's experiencing bad nausea, stomach discomfort and some vomiting. She's hardly eating anything because of how she's feeling. She has contacted her surgeon and he prescribed some nausea medication but, even with that she is feeling the same. She has an appointment set to see him next Monday. What I need help with is knowing if feeling this way is normal? I myself didn't go through that but, has anyone experienced this?

Yes, I had the same problems ...I can not eat and drink very little.
I did not want to eat because the nausea.At the end of the 3rd week I wake up very dizzy and weak...pain and I went to the ER .They give some "bariatric packs"(vitamins , Protein and minerals).I was there for the whole day and when I return home all was different.I begin to eat and drink better....
The nausea comes and go but now I can eat more and drink what I need!
All of us are different and when I felt super bad was because I was not eating and drinking enough. Take her to her doctor!

2 hours ago, Mr Edwards said:

I've read countless threads ok...

Take ur wife to emerge..dont wait..

it doesn't seem normal...and at 3.5 wks she needs to eat..she needs that food that's she us not getting.. something isn't right ..make a drink.. make a scene..whatever..get her looked at.

We went to emergency last night but, they didn't find anything wrong. I just called the surgeons office so we'll see what he says tomorrow. Thank you for your advice.

1 hour ago, jo said:

Yes, I had the same problems ...I can not eat and drink very little.
I did not want to eat because the nausea.At the end of the 3rd week I wake up very dizzy and weak...pain and I went to the ER .They give some "bariatric packs"(vitamins , Protein and minerals).I was there for the whole day and when I return home all was different.I begin to eat and drink better....
The nausea comes and go but now I can eat more and drink what I need!
All of us are different and when I felt super bad was because I was not eating and drinking enough. Take her to her doctor!

That is exactly how she has been feeling. Last night we where in the emergency room and they didn't find anything wrong. I just called the surgeons office and left him a message so that first thing in the morning we get to speak to him about the issue once again. Unfortunately his office is over 4 hours away so it's not like just a drive to his office around the corner but, she does have an appointment with him Monday so maybe we'll need to make it for sooner. I just needed to know that maybe some people have actually gone through it like she has, that way it'll give me some assurance that is somewhat normal.

15 hours ago, Truckermom said:

That is exactly how she has been feeling. Last night we where in the emergency room and they didn't find anything wrong. I just called the surgeons office and left him a message so that first thing in the morning we get to speak to him about the issue once again. Unfortunately his office is over 4 hours away so it's not like just a drive to his office around the corner but, she does have an appointment with him Monday so maybe we'll need to make it for sooner. I just needed to know that maybe some people have actually gone through it like she has, that way it'll give me some assurance that is somewhat normal.

I went to the same hospital i had the surgery and they said eas dehidratation and malnourished...with the iv i recover perfectly!

i hope she feels better soon!

12 minutes ago, jo said:

I went to the same hospital i had the surgery and they said eas dehidratation and malnourished...with the iv i recover perfectly!

i hope she feels better soon!

Thank you

Thank you

Did she have her appointment?

It was set for next Monday but we moved it to this Thursday.

Ok, good luck. Let us know.

Good luck and I hope she gets relief soon.

I hope she's feeling better. I had a few problems with nausea and bloating. They didn't find anything wrong with the actual surgery sites but I was badly constipated. I didn't have any feeling of pain like I needed to go or that anything was there. I didn't think of it because I was hardly eating anything. But there was an impacted mass further up that just didn't move so I couldn't eat anything else on top. Just a thought keep a record of how often she goes. It can be solved quite easily.

Sent from my CPH1607 using BariatricPal mobile app