Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey! I’m the newbie [emoji4]

So I just had my surgery 10/10/17 and boy is this challenging already. Of course with only being a couple of days in I don’t know everything, but when am I gonna truly get the hang of this? When it comes to liquids I sip, but I don’t feel like I’m getting enough fluids in...I feel the same with with eating too! I’m eating more than I did at the hospital, but I’m not sure how much I should be consuming. I’m scared that I’m going to over do it and make myself sick. I’m not filling full on this liquid diet, is that normal?

Also to switch topics did anyone one else have an incision in their belly button? It’s the worst pain ever!!! The other incisions I have are manageable, but this is extreme. It makes the simplest movements so painful [emoji17]

Congratulations and welcome to the club, just keep in mind slow and on a daily basis and you will be successful . When I did my surgery the target was two litres of Water per day, which I was not always able to achieve. As for the belly button I also have the same incision but it was never painful for me.

6 hours ago, Simply_Jaz said:

So I just had my surgery 10/10/17 and boy is this challenging already. Of course with only being a couple of days in I don’t know everything, but when am I gonna truly get the hang of this? When it comes to liquids I sip, but I don’t feel like I’m getting enough fluids in...I feel the same with with eating too! I’m eating more than I did at the hospital, but I’m not sure how much I should be consuming. I’m scared that I’m going to over do it and make myself sick. I’m not filling full on this liquid diet, is that normal?

Also to switch topics did anyone one else have an incision in their belly button? It’s the worst pain ever!!! The other incisions I have are manageable, but this is extreme. It makes the simplest movements so painful

Hi , congrats on yoru surgery, geting liquids in is the most important right now. what are you eating? and how much and how often

Hi , congrats on yoru surgery, geting liquids in is the most important right now. what are you eating? and how much and how often

Hey! I’m up every morning around 5:30-6:00 I drink a Protein Shake because it’s the easiest thing for me to get. Usually by that time I’m up because I’m hungry and in pain. I eat again around 9:30-10 ish with either another shake or about 6 oz of cream of wheat blended. In between those times I’m sipping on a bottle or a large cup of Water. Around 2:30-3 ish I’m having 8 ounces of whatever Soup or stock around the house. I sip on more water and I either have a sf popsicle or a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt. My dinner is the same amount of soup, followed by more water. A found myself still being hungry around 10 or a little bit later, last night I got more soup. If it’s not that bad I have gotten another sf popsicle and more water and then go to bed.

13 minutes ago, Simply_Jaz said:

Hey! I’m up every morning around 5:30-6:00 I drink a Protein Shake because it’s the easiest thing for me to get. Usually by that time I’m up because I’m hungry and in pain. I eat again around 9:30-10 ish with either another shake or about 6 oz of cream of wheat blended. In between those times I’m sipping on a bottle or a large cup of Water. Around 2:30-3 ish I’m having 8 ounces of whatever Soup or stock around the house. I sip on more Water and I either have a sf popsicle or a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt. My dinner is the same amount of soup, followed by more water. A found myself still being hungry around 10 or a little bit later, last night I got more soup. If it’s not that bad I have gotten another sf popsicle and more water and then go to bed.

Sorry I am hearing 6 ounces and 8 ounces and your only a few days in, have you not got a limit your surgeon said you should follow? Stock is like water but I was not allowed more than 4 ounces per sitting of soup/yogurt/cream of wheat but could not manage that amount of soup. But its all fine aslong as your plan allows for that amount. How many calories is that a day? I am 3 months in and not. allowed over 800 cals, what you describe sounds more than that. Though all plans are different.

You are not hungry you are still healing so the growling feels real but it settles. Eating after 10pm is a bad idea, hunger will not kill you so if your hungry after 10pm next time just wait till tommorow, you need to get into good habits.

Edited by dreamingsmall

Sorry I am hearing 6 ounces and 8 ounces and your only a few days in, have you not got a limit your surgeon said you should follow? Stock is like Water but I was not allowed more than 4 ounces per sitting of soup/yogurt/cream of wheat but could not manage that amount of Soup. But its all fine aslong as your plan allows for that amount. How many calories is that a day? I am 3 months in and not. allowed over 800 cals, what you describe sounds more than that. Though all plans are different.
You are not hungry you are still healing so the growling feels real but it settles. Eating after 10pm is a bad idea, hunger will not kill you so if your hungry after 10pm next time just wait till tommorow, you need to get into good habits.

I wasn’t given an amount just an example schedule of food timing and liquid timing using the meals from the weigh loss center. The meals there such as soup, hot chocolate, Protein waters etc are pre packaged. So I’m not sure what I’m doing at this point and can’t get ahold of anyone from my surgeons team until Mon. The cream of wheat was given to me at the hospital and so were the Soups, so I was just basing my foods on what was given to me there. F

Sorry I am hearing 6 ounces and 8 ounces and your only a few days in, have you not got a limit your surgeon said you should follow? Stock is like Water but I was not allowed more than 4 ounces per sitting of soup/yogurt/cream of wheat but could not manage that amount of Soup. But its all fine aslong as your plan allows for that amount. How many calories is that a day? I am 3 months in and not. allowed over 800 cals, what you describe sounds more than that. Though all plans are different.

Also I forgot to mention with the portion sizes I make, I never finish the food. I don’t know really how much I should be eating so whatever I don’t eat gets put up or thrown out. I’m scared of over eating and making myself sick. That could be a reason why I’m still feeling hungry, maybe?

11 minutes ago, Simply_Jaz said:

Also I forgot to mention with the portion sizes I make, I never finish the food. I don’t know really how much I should be eating so whatever I don’t eat gets put up or thrown out. I’m scared of over eating and making myself sick. That could be a reason why I’m still feeling hungry, maybe?

You for sure do not need to be eating MORE from what you have mentioned. You are still healing so your tummy will feel extreme hunger and growls and its part of the healing process, track your calories. goodluck :)