Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think it totally depends on the individual. Weight is a major factor for most people with CPAPs but certainly not all. It can just be individual anatomy. I don't mind my CPap. I have a small nose piece and that's it. I actually quite like the humid air which helps with allergies. However, I won't mind not having it one day , so I can camp and travel easier.

I was told to bring my Cpap machine to the hospital, and I was under the assumption that I'd have to use it during the surgery. I was just told about 2 months prior to surgery that I even needed a Cpap machine. Well, they didn't make me use it in the hospital, and I have not used it since I came home almost 5 weeks ago. I am sleeping so much better since I've gotten home/had the surgery, so my machine just sits in the corner of my bedroom. I don't have a significant other, so don't know if I snore or not, but I usually only wake up once during the night (to pee) where I was waking up several times (just waking up), which they told me was because I was waking myself up from stopping breathing. My sleeping seems more sound and restful now. I've lost 30 pounds since 3 weeks pre op. til today.

Hello Mytimeniw17, Same here. today is a month since my surgery.
I haven't use the Cpap machine and like you I only wake up once to go to bathroom, as before it was at least four times. I am happy I don't wake up as much.

When I had my surgery I did bring my cpap and guess what? They never even had me use it! When I was first diagnosed with sleep apnea I was really concerned, what is it? Why do I have it?
Is this something that I will have for the rest of my life? All was explained by my sleep study advisor with little info.
So I researched on my own, got machine, fitted for nose cover and again was told nothing. What? Why? How? Research again...... found how to use machine and how it works on YouTube. Hate, Hate, Hate this stupid machine! Dr. Never asked about how I was doing on it, sleep study guy never called to see how I was doing with it, even after surgery in hospital no one had me use it. What? Why? IDK?
Darn machine wouldn't let me sleep anyways, no one seemed to care, so I didn't either.Took the darn thing back so I wouldn't be charged for it, and I have had the best sleep ever since I said goodbye to that machine. Now was that a smart thing to Do? Absolutely not!!!
I am putting myself at risk, but I don't care!! So what I'm trying to say is, for me it was my own personal choice. But really you should talk to your Dr. Before making a decision that could be bad depending upon your health issues.
Myself I had none.

Sent from my SM-G928T using BariatricPal mobile app

I totally agree with you! Everything you said here was exactly how it went with me! They were so adamant that I bring it with me to the surgery, and then nothing was ever mentioned again. It got to where I couldn't sleep with it on more than about 2 hours anyway prior to surgery, so it was a pain when having to get up to go to the bathroom. And like you, no one asked how I was doing on it, etc, so I said let me try without it, and I have done fine. Sleep so much better without it. I asked if I needed to return it and the girl told me no, it was mine to keep. So, there it sits in the corner of my bedroom.