Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie intake

Almost 4 months out and my avg weight loss now is only 1lb weekly. I'm curious what some of you ladies/men calorie intake is. I'm at 1000. Is 1000 calories too low u think? I was 216 day of surgery and I'm down to 182. I was 251 but was able to get down a lot before surgery

Edited by kmanddj
Typo

No, you are into Onederland, so your losses are going to slow down. Keep on keeping on... (well.. how much do you exercise?)

berry, I walk at least 5 days a week for 50-60 minutes.

So you are burning 300 or so calories... increase your intake by 100-200cal and see if that does anything. I don't think you HAVE to increase, but it doesn't hurt to experiment.

For me so far I found that if I stay below or at 900 calories per day I lose quicker at 1000 ~ 1200 I will stall.

That just means my body has adjusted and stores all that it can. I am going to start switching to a Paleo and Keto diet every other Month or so to keep my body confused. But I still have to make sure I that my exercise and food intake ends up to be 900 calories per day.

I am female so that is different, but I didn't have 1000 calories until I was almost a year out. My husband didn't have 1000 until probably around 8 months or so. Even when he was training for a half marathon he was only eating about 1800 to 2000 a day. (This was at 2 years out from surgery). He's been at goal weight for over a year and a half and eats about 1800 a day sometimes more sometimes less. Currently I am 7 months pregnant so I can't work out nearly as much or at the same level I was prior. Prior to pregnancy I was running 3 to 10 miles 5 days a week, zumba for one hour a week, yoga for 1 hour a week, and weight training for 2 hours a week and eating 1600 calories a day. Now, I do cardio walking 6 days a week and eat about 1300 to 1500 a day.

Since you have no extra body fat, is 1400 calories enough to grow a baby with? (Particularly during the last trimester).

I have gained 20 pounds so far (about 8 weeks from delivery) baby girl is perfect and so am I. Baby is about 3 pounds right now. So, I would say yes it is sufficient. My doctor does think my constant tracking of food and exercise is funny, but says I am a model patient. I tell him, "hey, doc, I am 40 years old and I have a half marathon to run 14 weeks after delivery. You won't let me run for 8 weeks after. I can't have extra weight weighing me down when I cross that finish line!"

Wow.. had no idea you could gain significant weight on so few calories! 20lbs sounds perfect! Good for you!

Well, during pregnancy you gain about 25 pounds in fluids so it is easy to do! I was actually still wearing size 2 jeans until 20 weeks along. Even at 30 weeks + I can wear a size 4. My baby bump is all baby this time so much different from my first pregnancy when I was almost 300 pounds. I still work out 6 days a week, but haven't been able to run during the pregnancy due to some issues early on, but other than that things have been smooth sailing.

I suppose since your exercise dropped so much, the baby is getting those calories. You are one efficient Momma! Lol :) Baby girls are my favorite.. do you have a name picked out?

Yes. she is Victoria Grace. Our bodies are amazing. Last time I had numerous trips to the ER, couldn't walk around a store after 25 weeks, and just felt awful. This time, I still work full time, chase my 2 year old around, just finished all my assignment for grad school, and feel really good most days. Such a difference.

Beautiful name, beautiful pregnancy. Now that is a NSV if I ever heard one!

well, part of the reason I wanted to have the surgery is so I could have another baby. It took us almost 2 years to get pregnant with the first. I had surgery 6 weeks after our first was born. Was at goal weight in 9 months, and below goal weight at 1 year. Spent another year getting even more fit and running half marathons. Then stopped birth control and 2 and a half months later we were pregnant!