Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m freaking out!!!!

I’m one week from my surgery and all the sudden I’m freaking out! I don’t have a ton of foods that I love but ice cream is pretty awesome... will I ever be able to eat it again? What if the doctor is drunk? What if he nicks a artery? What is I die or have horrible complications? Or what if it doesn’t work? What if I gain it all back? Also... how come I’m all the sudden wanting to eat everything in sight?? Is this psychological?? I’m excited but so nervous. Can anyone relate?!

I freaked out right about then, too. Yes, it's in your head. I'm now a little over 13 months out and 105 pounds down. (I was 271.5 to start, 246.9 at surgery and 166 now -- and I'm four inches shorter than you.) In order

Yes, you will be able to eat, but it will be a few weeks. I enjoy eating now, but eat very small portions of just about anything I want. I'm still losing slowly but I'm pretty happy with where I am and maybe want to lose another 10 pounds.

Odds are, your doc won't be drunk. Besides, you'll see him right before surgery - if he smells boozy - call it off. And, he's a good surgeon with good success rates, that's why your chose him. Yes, accidents happen, but you'll be fine.

Sure, there could be complications, but you could step off the curb and get hit by the bus tomorrow or win the Powerball. Odds are about equal on all of those.

It will work. You won't gain it back. You've got this. Craving foods right now is fine -yes, it's in your head.

You've got this.

I’m one week from my surgery and all the sudden I’m freaking out! I don’t have a ton of foods that I love but ice cream is pretty awesome... will I ever be able to eat it again? What if the doctor is drunk? What if he nicks a artery? What is I die or have horrible complications? Or what if it doesn’t work? What if I gain it all back? Also... how come I’m all the sudden wanting to eat everything in sight?? Is this psychological?? I’m excited but so nervous. Can anyone relate?!

I did that too!!!! What am I doing? Is this the right decision? Why am I really doing this? I didn’t stock up or go crazy shopping I got the basics Jello, broth, crystal light and Water. Wanting to eat everything in sight is all psychological and it will happen after surgery too! The week I started solids there was a potluck at work and I knew exactly what I could and couldn’t eat but still managed to fill my plate... by habit but my brain and tummy knew not all of it was going in... take a deep breath and remember all the great things that are gonna come out of it... oh and ice cream yes eventually... mine was seafood and I’ve been able to enjoy it twice. I’ve only been on solids a week. Just pace yourself... life is still great after surgery! Oh and inbox me if you need any support. I’m not an expert but I do have experience... good luck!!![emoji256]

You'll be fine. In 2 weeks you'll be asking why you didn't do this a long time ago... trust me.

Thank you guys so much... I feel better already!