Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery didn’t work?

Wow this is getting truly popcorn worthy! Crazy people going off the deep end here.... the psychologist chief among them!

An ellipsis should only have 3 dots or periods.

1 hour ago, GeneralDisarray said:

Mr Brecher, there is a user on this thread who is claiming to be a psychologist, posting unverifiable proof that she is a psychologist, and then making hostile and denigrating evaluative statements to other users as a psychologist. When confronted, she refuses to curb her unethical behavior. This is analogous to someone claiming to be a physician and then practicing bad medicine on an anonymous internet forum that you host. Tolerating this behavior may make you complicit in any resulting harm. Please ban Abeille213.

This user has already been banned for not following our rules https://www.bariatricpal.com/guidelines/ .

This user has already been banned for not following our rules https://www.bariatricpal.com/guidelines/ .

Thank you so much for your attention, and for providing us with this valuable resource.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Abeille213 said:

Lol this is fabulous! I love that it’s this easy to get you worked up enough. And fat shaming? Really? Give me a break. There is absolutely nothing you can say to upset me. I’m secure enough in myself that I don’t flip out due to a comment on the Internet. Sadly, you cannot say the same thing. No wonder you’re failing at this process, not losing properly and eating potato chips. You’re incredibly unstable and in desperate and immediate need of serious, intensive, inpatient treatment. You will fail in this journey, my dear. I give it 6 months, at the absolute most. You’ll gain every pound back and then some. Very sad. Feel free to flip out again and attempt to insult me. I find it wonderfully hilarious.

Also, I’m 6 feet tall and was 402 at my highest weight. I lost over 100 lbs prior to surgery. Since my surgery 3 months ago, I’ve lost an additional 97 pounds. So, which of us is failing here, darlin’? I’m 23 pounds away from my goal weight. How about you?

I’m honestly not upset. I could care less about what you think or say. You aren’t far out from your surgery, you could regain too. So 🤷🏻‍♀️. Lol and just so you know, I checked out your profile, looks like you had a meltdown at 6 weeks post op because losing a pound was “bad” in your book. I’m not “crying uncontrollably”

heres your post post if You forgot

I am sobbing uncontrollably right now and really need to hear from others who have had the band to RNY (or sleeve) revision, please.

I am six days post op from band to RNY and I have lost ONE POUND. I am so upset. My biggest fear going into this was failing again just like I failed with the band. And, to me, a one pound loss is 100% failing.

I'm in absolute hysterics right now crying. Why did I do this? So much money, so much time from work, so much pain... to lose a pound in a week? I could've lost far more than this with some simple Slim Fast diet or something.

I can't do this. I cannot do this. I can't.

What kind of fat, disgusting, out of control pig am I that even two WLS's aren't helping me lose weight??

I know my hormones are raging after surgery. I know I am behaving like an emotional basket case. I know this. But in this moment, this is so real. I am so upset... so ashamed of myself.

If anyone reads this, would you mind telling me if you felt this way? Would you mind sharing your weight loss progress? How slow or fast it was? I know we are all different, but I would just like to see examples.

And, most of all, would you mind sharing how you dealt with the incredibly slow loss? I am not a patient person. Not even close. I know myself. I will become discouraged and give up. I need help here.

I do have an upcoming appointment with a therapist who I hope can help. But in this moment, I really, really just need to hear from those who have been here. “

thought u were the WISE dr. Seems like u might need to work on yourself

2 minutes ago, Lacecute said:

I’m honestly not upset. I could care less about what you think or say. You aren’t far out from your surgery, you could regain too. So 🤷🏻‍♀️. Lol and just so you know, I checked out your profile, looks like you had a meltdown at 6 weeks post op because losing a pound was “bad” in your book. I’m not “crying uncontrollably”

heres your post post if You forgot

I am sobbing uncontrollably right now and really need to hear from others who have had the band to RNY (or sleeve) revision, please.

I am six days post op from band to RNY and I have lost ONE POUND. I am so upset. My biggest fear going into this was failing again just like I failed with the band. And, to me, a one pound loss is 100% failing.

I'm in absolute hysterics right now crying. Why did I do this? So much money, so much time from work, so much pain... to lose a pound in a week? I could've lost far more than this with some simple Slim Fast diet or something.

I can't do this. I cannot do this. I can't.

What kind of fat, disgusting, out of control pig am I that even two WLS's aren't helping me lose weight??

I know my hormones are raging after surgery. I know I am behaving like an emotional basket case. I know this. But in this moment, this is so real. I am so upset... so ashamed of myself.

If anyone reads this, would you mind telling me if you felt this way? Would you mind sharing your weight loss progress? How slow or fast it was? I know we are all different, but I would just like to see examples.

And, most of all, would you mind sharing how you dealt with the incredibly slow loss? I am not a patient person. Not even close. I know myself. I will become discouraged and give up. I need help here.

I do have an upcoming appointment with a therapist who I hope can help. But in this moment, I really, really just need to hear from those who have been here. “

thought u were the WISE dr. Seems like u might need to work on yourself

Mic drop.

I would have loved to read @Abielle213 response to@Lacecute's post just now of @Abielle213 's early WLS meltdown. Nice find, Lacecute!
The big bad psychologist was banned just in the nick of time to not have to answer. Bummer!

Everyone who has responded to this thread tonight should be ashamed. ALL of you. Especially Lacecute, StartingFreshNana and Abeille. Who talks to people that way? I don’t care what somebody says to you, who says things like that? You should all 3 be banned from this site. This is shameful. I’m embarrassed to know I even joined this page. I had no idea it was like this.

As of October 12, 2017, I am 4 months post op and have lost 100 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and could not be more ecstatic!

21 minutes ago, Finnix said:

Everyone who has responded to this thread tonight should be ashamed. ALL of you. Especially Lacecute, StartingFreshNana and Abeille. Who talks to people that way? I don’t care what somebody says to you, who says things like that? You should all 3 be banned from this site. This is shameful. I’m embarrassed to know I even joined this page. I had no idea it was like this.

As of October 12, 2017, I am 4 months post op and have lost 100 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and could not be more ecstatic!

If someone is going to be rude to me, I can be just as cruel back. Never have I said or done things like this before. You can go look at my other posts, and what I post on others questions, I provide help, and support. People here are rude. People advised me not to join websites like these because of everyone hiding behind a computer screen. I’m on Instagram and NEVER ONCE have I gotten a comment like the ones I did here tonight.

I asked for it to stop, people didn’t want to stop and continued with all the rude comments.

Honestly I want everyone on here to reach their goals and get the support they need. But after today I see there’s more of the opposite. I’m pretty new on here, I’ve only made a few posts and to see this side of bariatricpal is so disgusting and disappointing. I understand I was in the wrong too, and I apologize to those who I was rude to. But I’m going to say something especially when someone is being THAT RUDE.

Edited by Lacecute

I’m sorry but there’s just no excuse for all of your behavior. We have all struggled with our weight to the point of having WLS yet you still make fun of someone’s weight??? How could you do that? To me, that was a betrayal to every single person on this forum.

If someone says something cruel to you and you hit back, you are only showing that you’re no better than they are. What she said was terrible but what you ladies have said is just as bad. She’s no worse than you ladies.

I’m very disappointed in all of you.

There are a few other members that violated our rules. Rudeness and bullying will not be tolerated. Please don’t force us to ban anyone else.

I’m sorry but there’s just no excuse for all of your behavior. We have all struggled with our weight to the point of having WLS yet you still make fun of someone’s weight??? How could you do that? To me, that was a betrayal to every single person on this forum.

If someone says something cruel to you and you hit back, you are only showing that you’re no better than they are. What she said was terrible but what you ladies have said is just as bad. She’s no worse than you ladies.

I’m very disappointed in all of you.

Oh goodness, another person here to judge others. U really felt the need to come out of the bushes to chastise folks? Really? U could just as easily have NOT responded and moved on to another thread where u felt more comfortable. Ur comments arent adding any value to the discussion other than to shame. Not cool either. The moderator already shut down the situation and addressed what would happen to those who continue misbehaving. Please stop talking to us as if we are children.

I get it, and I already apologized. What more do you want? You can ask for an apology from every single person that has ever said something rude on here.

And stop acting like you’ve never been rude in your life.

I understand everyone on here is struggling with their weight, I hope they all reach their goals and live happy, healthy lives.

4 minutes ago, Lacecute said:

I get it, and I already apologized. What more do you want? You can ask for an apology from every single person that has ever said something rude on here.

I understand everyone on here is struggling with their weight, I hope they all reach their goals and live happy, healthy lives.

She provoked you mercilessly. Your response was not well thought out ;), but it was what the troll was working for. You only get better at dealing with trolls after a lot experience. Although it can be good sport for those of us so inclined, I don't recommend it if you don't already have something of a trollish streak yourself.

I hope you feel better about your weight loss journey soon, and I'm sorry you were subjected to such hateful comments by Abreille and the shockingly misogynistic Johnny Cacks.

Oh goodness, another person here to judge others. U really felt the need to come out of the bushes to chastise folks? Really? U could just as easily have NOT responded and moved on to another thread where u felt more comfortable. Ur comments arent adding any value to the discussion other than to shame. Not cool either. The moderator already shut down the situation and addressed what would happen to those who continue misbehaving. Please stop talking to us as if we are children.

Come out of the bushes? I only recently signed up for this app and this was literally the first thing I saw in the posts. I’m no shrinking violet and am not one to hide in the bushes. If you’re trying to excuse this abhorrent behavior then you, too, are just as bad. As far as “judging others”, this post written by you is full of judgement and bullying against me. The hatefulness and cattiness of the women on this thread is unbelievable. I thought this was a support page but people like you are trying your best to control other people by bullying them. That might work for some, but it won’t work for me. If you don’t like what I have to say there’s a block function you can use. You can block me but you won’t bully me. Have a great day.

If you apologized then I must have missed it. I don’t see it here. If that’s the case then I made a mistake and I apologize.
I have been rude before in my life, you are right. However, I am never intentionally cruel like that. I never say something with the intent of causing damage and don’t understand people who do.