Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first official R&R...Bandsters who dont know a damn thing about banding

Indeed.

In case of a plane crash, one must assume the brace position and pray that anyone comes out alive.

But they weren't inside jokes. Many of us have very publicly been bashed for actually getting off our asses, and working with our bands and losing the weight. That's all out there for the public to consume. Nothing private or inside 'bout that I am afraid.

I even had one person accuse me of cheating WITH the band. That was a couple of months before I hit goal. How does one cheat with a band? She wasn't referring to the band, she was referring to my diet and exercise. Everyone else chased her back to OH where she belonged. It was nice, people I didn't know, never met, newbie types are the ones that came to help me out on that one.

Honestly, if I had it to do all over again I don't think I'd tell anyone I hit goal. It was more fun before goal... at least on the boards. But I haven't gotten anything NEAR what you have, Chickie. Not even close. Yours is by far the worst I've seen yet.

Indeed.

In case of a plane crash, one must assume the brace position and pray that anyone comes out alive.

But they weren't inside jokes. Many of us have very publicly been bashed for actually getting off our asses, and working with our bands and losing the weight. That's all out there for the public to consume. Nothing private or inside 'bout that I am afraid.

Well..maybe I'm not privy to that history and made a snap judgment. Because that sounds flat out pathetic that anyone would bash someone else out of jealousy for their success.

Although I can see it happening. Human nature is tricky and all. We're just animals.

I'm hungry. :hungry:

I even had one person accuse me of cheating WITH the band. That was a couple of months before I hit goal. How does one cheat with a band? She wasn't referring to the band, she was referring to my diet and exercise

Okay, I'm sorry but this one had me rolling with laughter (not at you, at the absurdity of the concept?). I had no idea diet and exercise was cheating. I really has been true all along...I am the perfect Lapband patient. Sitting on my ass on the computer and drinking Starbucks is finally defined the way I have always prayed it would be. :ranger:

Wait a minute--she came from OH? Never mind. I'm screwed.

*sigh*

By far and away, the single most pathetic comment came from someone here, RoBoop or something... She said "By the way, you looked better fat, you're ugly" (this came from a 50 something year old woman, and to me, that is why it is the most pathetic, I can understand it coming from someone younger who hasn't yet learned to control their impulses...) I got PM's accusing me of photoshopping my pics, stealing other people's photos, that the photos were not of the same person, but of mother and daughter (WTF?) that I am setting a skinny standard that is impossible for others to live up to, that I make people feel less than successful, that getting to goal doesn't mean I know anything about losing weight, and I should keep my mouth shut..... I could go on forever.. Then there were the comments on my blog about being anorexic, go eat something, being called a ho... It goes on.

That is the sort of thing I was dealing with on a daily basis for a while. I learned to roll with it, and have fun. Because if I take all that shit to heart I would be a crying, sniffling mess. And that's not my style.

Oh, and I forgot the one (I actually very nearly wet myself laughting when I read this one)

That its a pity that banding worked for someone like me.

I almost died laughing. Sour grapes anyone?

Oh, and I forgot the one (I actually very nearly wet myself laughting when I read this one)

That its a pity that banding worked for someone like me.

I almost died laughing. Sour grapes anyone?

Karma. They will get theirs. :)

Karma. They will get theirs. :)

Don't you think a lot of people go into this thinking they can just sit on the couch and the pounds will melt off? Or, those that have every intention of working hard, good diet, lots of exercise, and the motivation just doesn't happen and they never get around to moving off the couch?

I suspect that many who are angry with Chickie are the above types, they are angry that they don't have the determination to do what is right for their weight loss.

You know, there are not many people I know that love exercise. I still hate it, I think it's evil. But just like cleaning the bathroom... exercise is just one of those things that you have to do. I don't think some are willing to accept this and when someone like Chickie comes along, they take it out on her. If they would shut up and move their body, they wouldn't have the time to sit around whining because the band works for others.

How many people post that the band isn't working for them, they've been banded for "X" months (7 or more) and they've lost 20 pounds? When you respond and ask how their restriction is, what their caloric intake is, how many minutes daily they are doing hard cardio... they never return to the thread.

By far and away, the single most pathetic comment came from someone here, RoBoop or something... She said "By the way, you looked better fat, you're ugly" (this came from a 50 something year old woman, and to me, that is why it is the most pathetic, I can understand it coming from someone younger who hasn't yet learned to control their impulses...) I got PM's accusing me of photoshopping my pics, stealing other people's photos, that the photos were not of the same person, but of mother and daughter (WTF?) that I am setting a skinny standard that is impossible for others to live up to, that I make people feel less than successful, that getting to goal doesn't mean I know anything about losing weight, and I should keep my mouth shut..... I could go on forever.. Then there were the comments on my blog about being anorexic, go eat something, being called a ho... It goes on.
So ridiculous! Where are our psychology majors to explain how someone develops such warped thinking? Perhaps by being dropped repeatedly on your head as a child?? :D
How many people post that the band isn't working for them, they've been banded for "X" months (7 or more) and they've lost 20 pounds? When you respond and ask how their restriction is, what their caloric intake is, how many minutes daily they are doing hard cardio... they never return to the thread.
I noticed that, too. I guess it's better to ignore their problems with food and get sympathy for not doing well, rather than tackle the issues head-on and do something about them! You gotta keep movin' if you want to keep losin'! :P

Well I went out of town for one day and look at all I missed! We ought to meet in the chat room here sometime!

Chickie, I would kill to look like you! You Rock!

I have learned to love exercise, but it doesn't do anything unless I learn to hate chocolate. It seems I can only go so many days before I just have to have it. Hello, I am a chocoholic, and my name is Denise .I wish that stuff had never been invented.

This is a horrible season. My boss is a baker, besides being an attorney. If I leave my desk I am in trouble. Last week I covered up the brownies with a paper towel so I didn't have to see them on the counter.

:whoo:I need a fill!

Don't you think a lot of people go into this thinking they can just sit on the couch and the pounds will melt off? Or, those that have every intention of working hard, good diet, lots of exercise, and the motivation just doesn't happen and they never get around to moving off the couch?

I suspect that many who are angry with Chickie are the above types, they are angry that they don't have the determination to do what is right for their weight loss.

You know, there are not many people I know that love exercise. I still hate it, I think it's evil. But just like cleaning the bathroom... exercise is just one of those things that you have to do. I don't think some are willing to accept this and when someone like Chickie comes along, they take it out on her. If they would shut up and move their body, they wouldn't have the time to sit around whining because the band works for others.

Wow Michelle..

I leave you alone and you handle them all!...lol. After 29 pages I still stick by my original comments...cant stand bandsters who try to make everyone else be their little research mules...and I will add to my original comments.... or cant look up on the same days page..the answers to their redundant questions.

Loved your Mexico information.

P.S. Forgot to add that I would absolutely hate it if the nice police were allowed to wreak havoc in R&R. Thats what I love about this place.. that they arent here. How do you geninuely rant and rave with people censoring you and telling you to only rant and rave in a politically correct-tactful-sensitive-to-others-type fashion?

Whataloadof.jpg

hofflj9dr7.jpg

I'm Bored...

You aren't the only one. One comprehensive exam down, two to go. I've been relaxing this evening, since my hard one was today. Hell, I slept from 8:00-1:00 and I'm STILL tired.

Pop Quiz!!

A segment of DNA that includes regions preceding and following the coding DNA ( introns as well as exons ) is called a what?