Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first official R&R...Bandsters who dont know a damn thing about banding

I think you are my new favorite poster. :)

I tend to agree with you. If people were flaming the newbies when they ask these questions I'd agree with the nice police. But we aren't. I think most anyone here would do just about anything they could for anyone posting.

Exactly. I know when I'm teaching a class, I'm as nice and polite as I can be to my students. That doesn't mean that I don't go and bitch about the clueless ones to my fellow grad students that are also teaching classes. It's stress relief.

And further more...

There really seems to be an overwhelming mentality on the board that wants to coddle the newbies, never disagree with them, never tell them that they're wrong or doing something that might hurt them. It's really ridiculous, don't you think? And of course, if someone DARES to do it, they get accused of attacking them and "intimidating" them. I could see that if people were going around to all the different threads and actually calling specific people idiots and telling them that they're morons for not looking at the FAQ or reading other threads before they post. But the fact is, they aren't. They are only complaining in RnR, which is the perfect place to do it. Everywhere else, people are polite and answer questions.

I truly am speechless.

if new people come in RnR (or anyone actually) and do not like what is said and have their feeling hurt, yet continue to come back then I think it is just too f'ing bad. they KNOW this is RnR, they know what this thread is about they just want to bitch and stir shit up.

dont like it, ignore ... isnt that what you've been spewing at us?

hmm, guess I did have something to say..

I agree with LJM!! I didn't come to this section of the board until about a month ago. I was too chicken based on "heresay" on other threads :)

I do tread carefully and choose what I want to read or not. If I don't like the content, I know what the back button is for and how to use it!

Since this is a public forum, I assume that it is fair to say that anyone who comes to this section has the right to vent in their own way. What is all in fun for some wasn't taken that way by others. So they posted their opinion. Why should they be told to ignore, shut up or that their opinion doesn't matter. It isn't like the criticism was for some unrelated group of people. It was for the people that come here to post and get help. Or is it that they are not members of the club and therefore they don't matter? Everyone should post whatever they want here whether they are newbees or old hands. But when one group is ganging up on another, it is only natural that the side being ganged up on would have something to say for themselves. Or do they just tuck their tails between their legs and scamper off to some other section of this board where they feel more welcome?

Exactly. I know when I'm teaching a class, I'm as nice and polite as I can be to my students. That doesn't mean that I don't go and bitch about the clueless ones to my fellow grad students that are also teaching classes. It's stress relief.

And further more...

There really seems to be an overwhelming mentality on the board that wants to coddle the newbies, never disagree with them, never tell them that they're wrong or doing something that might hurt them. It's really ridiculous, don't you think? And of course, if someone DARES to do it, they get accused of attacking them and "intimidating" them. I could see that if people were going around to all the different threads and actually calling specific people idiots and telling them that they're morons for not looking at the FAQ or reading other threads before they post. But the fact is, they aren't. They are only complaining in RnR, which is the perfect place to do it. Everywhere else, people are polite and answer questions.

Well said! Let's face it. We are all adults here and if there are some out there who are walking through RL without ever being offended, then I want your life.....or you just live in a bubble. I say grow up and act your age! if you don't like it, ignore it and get your panties out of a wad.

Since this is a public forum, I assume that it is fair to say that anyone who comes to this section has the right to vent in their own way. What is all in fun for some wasn't taken that way by others. So they posted their opinion. Why should they be told to ignore, shut up or that their opinion doesn't matter. It isn't like the criticism was for some unrelated group of people. It was for the people that come here to post and get help. Or is it that they are not members of the club and therefore they don't matter? Everyone should post whatever they want here whether they are newbees or old hands. But when one group is ganging up on another, it is only natural that the side being ganged up on would have something to say for themselves. Or do they just tuck their tails between their legs and scamper off to some other section of this board where they feel more welcome?

I haven't heard anything like this since I was in high school. Honestly, I am not even sure how to respond to this.

I haven't heard anything like this since I was in high school. Honestly, I am not even sure how to respond to this.

I will second that. Last I saw there was a thread started by a newbie intended to aggrevate the "oldies", not vice versa. BUT THAT IS JUST MY VIEW ON WHAT HAPPENED. :D

I will second that. Last I saw there was a thread started by a newbie intended to aggrevate the "oldies", not vice versa. BUT THAT IS JUST MY VIEW ON WHAT HAPPENED. :D

you mean the one that was started to stir shit, the OP posted one more time, created all sorts of havoc and then requested the thread be closed...?

that one?

I am just freely expressing my impression. And yes, I will readily admit that I can be imature, it keeps me young. But it is what it is. But I seriously doubt that you haven't heard anything similar since high school. This board and others are full of high school banter, and not just from me.

you mean the one that was started to stir shit, the OP posted one more time, created all sorts of havoc and then requested the thread be closed...?

that one?

What? What you talkin about Willis? :D

that one?

Nawww, those examples don't count. It's only what OTHERS do that matters.

What? What you talkin about Willis? :D

oh wait ... wait .... wait a minute..

by your post count, you technically are a newbie ... i dont think i should even be talking to you .... :);)

The Mean Girls are upset that people are acting like high schoolers?? Uh oh, time to break out the glitter phrases girls!!! LOLOL (that always shows them!)

If glitter phrases bother you, might I suggest not looking at them?

I suddenly feel like finding a new backpack and I am dreaming of the school dance tonight....

oh wait ... wait .... wait a minute..

by your post count, you technically are a newbie ... i dont think i should even be talking to you .... :);)

You're RIGHT! Listen know-it-all oldie, I rebuke thee! :D;)