Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery oct 16. Scared

Hi! Don't be scared! I was super scared at the beginning but after a week I did not have to have a lot of my pills( now I am having only one pill of metformin for diabetes).My blood is almost normal and i have a lot of energy.

it is not easy!!! At the beginning you have to learn to est again!!! But if you follow the instructions you will be ok!!!

i am still having problems with solids!!! But little by little you begin to eat regular foods!!! I am still missing salads!!!

lots of luck!!!

Thank you. I just wish I had some family support. My family think this is no big deal. I'm having hiatus hernia repair at same time I was diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus which is precancerous cells in the esophagus. I was shocked when they told me they wanted me to do the gastric bypass. I need to lose weight but the real issue for my surgery is to prevent me from getting full blown esophagus cancer. My surgery is in Jacksonville Florida at the mayo Clinic and it's a 7 hr drive from my home. I'm freaking out about the ride back home. They said I can't drive and my son promises he will rent a car and come get me and drive me home. I hope he keeps his promise!! (Always been very close to him until I got diagnosed now he won't talk or call me. I'm heartbroken).I have to stop every hour and walk 15 to 20 min to prevent blood clots. That makes the trip even longer. I'm not sure what I'll be able to take on the road to eat(drink) I'm bringing cream of chicken Soup and some other items full and clear. Allergic to most artificial sugars makes matters worse. Stress is killing me. I hate that it's so far away. Guess I'll have to talk to the nurses and care team. It bothers me that there isn't a medical support team close to me. I mean I can't just jump in the car and drive 7 hrs if something goes wrong.
Very nervous.

Do you have a friend from church or someone close that can help you? Praying you find some support.

I think it's natural to be nervous and a little scared. I just had surgery Monday. I never had a surgery before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. They were hooking me up in the or and the next thing, I'm waking up in recovery:) Not bad at all.
From now till then, fill your mind with positive things. What you watch to even the music you listen to. Mentally prepare yourself.

I'm not sure if you're a religious person, but scripture is one of the best things to fill your mind with.

You will do great!

Thank you. I just wish I had some family support. My family think this is no big deal. I'm having hiatus hernia repair at same time I was diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus which is precancerous cells in the esophagus. I was shocked when they told me they wanted me to do the gastric bypass. I need to lose weight but the real issue for my surgery is to prevent me from getting full blown esophagus cancer. My surgery is in Jacksonville Florida at the mayo Clinic and it's a 7 hr drive from my home. I'm freaking out about the ride back home. They said I can't drive and my son promises he will rent a car and come get me and drive me home. I hope he keeps his promise!! (Always been very close to him until I got diagnosed now he won't talk or call me. I'm heartbroken).I have to stop every hour and walk 15 to 20 min to prevent blood clots. That makes the trip even longer. I'm not sure what I'll be able to take on the road to eat(drink) I'm bringing cream of chicken Soup and some other items full and clear. Allergic to most artificial sugars makes matters worse. Stress is killing me. I hate that it's so far away. Guess I'll have to talk to the nurses and care team. It bothers me that there isn't a medical support team close to me. I mean I can't just jump in the car and drive 7 hrs if something goes wrong.
Very nervous.

Hi! I have Barrett too! The reflux is gone! I had the bypass because the Barrett.

Hi. I’m also having surgery on monday. I’m in the uk but more than happy to chat.... bariatric surgery is less common here, so any shared tips/emotions/tears/laughs are greatly received. X

My surgery is on the 16th too and I'm going crazy with emotions of nervous and excited. I'm in Florida as well, but up in the panhandle. Good luck Monday, everything will be fine!

Im on Monday as well here in Chicago I have to say im very nervous but putting my poker face on to my wife and kids But when I'm alone I get so lost in my thoughts

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

I was very nervous too and more when my kids asked about the surgery...when i told them about it I have to said it was ok and I was very scared. The surgery was the easy part!!! The recovery is slow at least for me!!!But when you feel the energy and you begin losing the weight it is all perfect!!'