Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have experience with Be Lite Weight Loss? They're a scheduling service that have an in house Psychiatrist and Nutritionist who will write the necessary documentation, and will do all the work to get you approved for surgery through your insurance.

Hi, Ya, Yes we have experience with BELITE WEIGHT LOSS. I am not trying to scare you in any way but...my hubby went thru that service and it was not anything they said. But let me get a little background on him. He had a Lap-Band for 13 years and in 2013 he went to a DR here in Oregon. They could not do an RNY due to the band eroded into his liver so they removed that and his gallbladder due to finding some stones. Sent him home, he got very sick for 6 months with abscess, 3 months he doesn't remember. So after all of this, he couldn't get the surgery thru that DR which he referred to my husband and I as problem children (I had an RNY on July 2, 2013, with the same DR. So he compares facilities and finds BELITE. They told us to bring our own washcloths, to begin with. A little strange but it gets even worse than that. We were promised a suite we got a small room and I slept on a window seat!! When they got to him (he had many surgeries scheduled)it took them quite long and then I was just about in a panic. His whole left side was solid scar tissue so he had a SLEEVE done. In our opinion not as good as a RNY. They told us to bring $50.00 for pain medicine. It wasn't even as good as TYLENOL. The lanuage barrier was rough. The nurses didn't wash their hands or wear gloves. When I ask for release papers there are NONE given. Because he was supposed to have the RNY that was the guidelines they gave him. When I ask for the diet guideline papers for the SLEEVE I was told that basically the info is the same. Since I had my RNY I knew that wasn't right. Because he had the SLEEVE instead of the RNY we had money coming back, never recieved the amount that should have been given. When I spoke to BELITE about the hand washing etc. I was told that they have tried to get them to wear gloves and wash their hands, she told me that it was their culture and they had been told many times about this!!! If we knew all of this before we sure would have thought long and hard about going thru them. I have heard that BariatricPal has a great program. My husband thought because BELITE cost more (you know the old saying you get what you pay for) but we both wish we would have run as fast as we could to another program. Not trying to scare you but check things out before you commit. Good Luck please take your time and get something done and done right the first time.