Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WTF DID MY HUSBAND JUST SAY?

Since the original post etc went bye bye let me give you one from my own life
Late Husband: You don't appreciate having,a good man.
Me: I would if I had one, I just know I would.
He liked to belittle me for my size and he was 3 inches taller and 35 lbs heavier , only ,thing small about him was his mind. But he firmly seemed to believe he was 185 lb like he was in high school. Sad isn't it, he came from a long line of chubby-haters, cut them out of my life after he died. Life is too short to spend mine being treated that way, took it for too long as it was. I'm a fine human being, truth is I've always been eligible for Mensa so why let them treat me like I'm the village simpleton? Thanks everybody for letting me rage, I feel MUCH better.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

10 hours ago, kakatlady612 said:

I'm a fine human being, truth is I've always been eligible for Mensa so why let them treat me like I'm the village simpleton? Thanks everybody for letting me rage, I feel MUCH better.

Yes, I hear you.

There is an assumption held by a great number of people that all obese (or morbidly obese) people are stupid.

They obviously don't realise that an eating addiction or seriously uncontrolled self-medication with food can cross social strata, mental abilities and the extremes of wealth and poverty.

I was, in 2006 and again a ten months ago in a bad place with my obesity but I hold a double undergraduate degree in History and a Masters Degree in Mathematics. I was not granted them as freebies ... I worked hard to achieve both.

However, there are still the haters and small-minded folk who do the association that grossly overweight people must be academic underachievers.

Mmmmm.

Thank you Rainbow Warrior for your return post. I truly value yours, you were one of the first I read and you've always been spot on. I think the thing was: they looked at my plump exterior and made no effort to get to know me inside. I could be more forgiving if it hadn't been a concerted effort on their part. The best I got from one of them " Ah she's little pretty in the face" like the rest of my body was a pile of refuse. I used to try to please everybody and sublimated my,own worth in the process. I'm finally making a firm commitment to health and a future for myself. I value your further consul on this journey I've undertaken. Its winter here but enjoy a beautiful Summer day in Australia.

28 minutes ago, kakatlady612 said:

Its winter here but enjoy a beautiful Summer day in Australia.

Thanks.

Beautiful summer day is a bit presumptuous for (yesterday) Saturday. 42C (107F) and we were on a four-hour road-trip home.

The car has great air-conditioning and we stayed shut inside until 2 kilometres from home (when stopped to replenish my car's fuel load.) 605 kilometres and the tank had barely 2 litres left from the 51 litres it started with.

We arrived home to a coastline of serious bushfires. Reference NOWRA, NSW Australia in your mapping program/app. Or you could look up Bundeena NSW or Waterfall NSW.

If you are a reader of news, try http://www.abc.net.au/news and catch some of the bushfire and weather stories.

Edited by Rainbow_Warrior

Thanks I will. Someday I dream of visiting Oz, where I'd like most to go is Coober Peedy ( maybe there's only 1 e?) Anyway I think opals are beautiful even if it is nasty hot and dusty there. Maybe see Ayers Rock? Probably never get there at my age but I can dream. Put a shrimp on the Barbie for me,mate.

3 hours ago, kakatlady612 said:

Thanks I will. Someday I dream of visiting Oz, where I'd like most to go is Coober Peedy ( maybe there's only 1 e?) Anyway I think opals are beautiful even if it is nasty hot and dusty there. Maybe see Ayers Rock? Probably never get there at my age but I can dream. Put a shrimp on the Barbie for me,mate.

Coober Pedy is okay but Australia's best opals are in this state (New South Wales). You don't have to go to out of the way on an expensive excursion to South Australia where Coober Pedy is located.

The world's best black opals come from Lightning Ridge, NSW.

The very best coloured opals are found in White Cliffs, NSW. Coober Pedy is about #3 or #4.

The best time to visit Lightning Ridge is August/September (in spring) ... way too hot in the daytime from late October until mid-April (Easter).

If you want to be there for the annual Opal Festival (and you have sufficient funds), it's run over 16 days from the last full week of September into October.

Hi Rainbow Warrior i live in Australia [emoji1037] and at the moment we have had temperatures of 40 to 50 degrees Celsius and I’m hanging out for winter [emoji300]️

On 16/02/2018 at 7:06 PM, Gran7 said:

I’m hanging out for winter

Nearly here now. i.e. Winter!

I am out of the swimming pool after two hours in just 25C "heated" Water. I have my padded football goalkeeper's jersey on plus a sheepskin coat to make the 25 km/h wind on this 13C day seem less powerful.

The warm days of autumn are starting to give us cold nights on the NSW central coast.

Makes me happy my summer is almost here, but in 6 months we'll be flipped again. Stay warm Rainbow Warrior and keep posting, we value your insights.