Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op fluid struggle!

Had surgery on the 4th and did so great in hospital post op. Managed my fluids and pain wasn't an issue etc.

Got home today and slept pretty much all day so I'm lacking in the Fluid department. I just had 2 small sips of room temp Water and the saliva attack and nausea feels just hit me.

I'm well aware that this feeling happens when you over eat (I totally did it in hospital this morning with my yoghurt....over did it by 1 teaspoon), but with water?!

Does anyone have any problems with going a long time between sips? I'm thinking it's because I've been asleep for most of the day and so my new belly is a bit sluggish.

Uughhhh! What a horrible feeling! Thankfully I've been sent home with all the drugs, but I'd rather not take them if I can manage without.

Hit me up people, what was it like when you got home?

You can't sleep so much that you aren't up drinking. Keep on pushing the fluids, take a sip every 5 minutes. Measure your consumption. Set alarms to wake you up from naps.

If you aren't getting at least 40oz a day, you'll likely end up at the ER or clinic for IV fluids.

Toy around with the type and temperature of your drinks.

Had surgery on the 4th and did so great in hospital post op. Managed my fluids and pain wasn't an issue etc.

Got home today and slept pretty much all day so I'm lacking in the Fluid department. I just had 2 small sips of room temp Water and the saliva attack and nausea feels just hit me.

I'm well aware that this feeling happens when you over eat (I totally did it in hospital this morning with my yoghurt....over did it by 1 teaspoon), but with water?!

Does anyone have any problems with going a long time between sips? I'm thinking it's because I've been asleep for most of the day and so my new belly is a bit sluggish.

Uughhhh! What a horrible feeling! Thankfully I've been sent home with all the drugs, but I'd rather not take them if I can manage without.

Hit me up people, what was it like when you got home?

Hi there [emoji3] I also had surgery on the 4th here in Florida. I did really good In the hospital once I got home I was so nauseous and vomiting every time I had a sip of water or the 2 oz of Protein I thought I was going to die I had so many regrets ....Even the medication wasn't helping, on the 4th day I was able to deal with it a little better but I tell you it was not good. Today I felt so much better and was even able to sit by the pool and relax...Tomorrow is my 1st doc visit since surgery. Surgery day I was 289 today 275 great-full and much happier[emoji7] Zoe P.

Hey. I did my surgery on the 4th of October as well. I always get this heavy gurgling voices in my stomach and throat after i drink anything. Its extremely uncomfortable, i also get dizzy fast. But other than that the struggle is more mental than it is physical.

Heat helps. I have never enjoyed tea or coffee as much as I do now.