Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just ate my first scrambled egg post op...they were tiny (farm fresh) so I made two...could only eat 1/2...it was delicious and I felt full so I stopped...now it’s a little heavy in my stomach but it is the first thing I’ve eaten that resembles solid food and I think my stomach is still trying to figure out what to do with it.

It is. I use egg whites, a sprinkle of cheese for my scrambled eggs. That is generally my go to right now. I found the egg whites didn't sit as heavy as regular eggs.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using BariatricPal mobile app

It is. I use egg whites, a sprinkle of cheese for my scrambled eggs. That is generally my go to right now. I found the egg whites didn't sit as heavy as regular eggs.

But except for Protein, all the nutrients are in the yolks! That’s why I buy farm fresh eggs with those gorgeous orange yolks! Not to mention I think egg whites alone are gross...my tummy is adapting...not feeling as full now...

I'm the opposite. I'm actually allergic to eggs and chicken, but for some reason just egg whites don't bother me too much.

I remember that day!

Even at one year post-op, I can't eat 2 large eggs. I need more than 1 large egg, so I started buying the jumbo eggs. 1 of those works out just perfectly.

4 hours ago, ASwinton said:

I found the egg whites didn't sit as heavy as regular eggs.

Ditto.

I'm still pre-op (for 5.5 are days) and I have stockpiled three litres (6.33 US pints OR 5.3 UK pints) of egg-whites in six half-litre cartons.

Egg whites are great in Protein Shakes, in fruit or veggie juices or purees done in the blender or has the base on small serves of soft scrambled eggs.

I remember that day!
Even at one year post-op, I can't eat 2 large eggs. I need more than 1 large egg, so I started buying the jumbo eggs. 1 of those works out just perfectly.

I picked the 2 smallest eggs in the container...when you buy farm fresh they are all different sizes...I ate what felt comfortable and stopped, even though my head said that can’t really be all you are going to eat! My wife finished the rest. If she didn’t want it I would just give it to the dog.

2 minutes ago, CJ Sunshine said:

I picked the 2 smallest eggs in the container...when you buy farm fresh they are all different sizes...I ate what felt comfortable and stopped, even though my head said that can’t really be all you are going to eat! My wife finished the rest. If she didn’t want it I would just give it to the dog.

Oh man! Egg is fairly innocent but I "hear" it's a gateway drug. :) Tell your wife to stop finishing your meals. Otherwise, she will gain as quickly as you lose. One day it's an egg, the next it's your lasagna! ((hugs)) Congrats on your first meal dude!! WTG! (pssst LOVE farm eggs)

Oh man! Egg is fairly innocent but I "hear" it's a gateway drug. [emoji4] Tell your wife to stop finishing your meals. Otherwise, she will gain as quickly as you lose. One day it's an egg, the next it's your lasagna! ((hugs)) Congrats on your first meal dude!! WTG! (pssst LOVE farm eggs)

Haha! All I’d made her for dinner was two eggs with a tiny bit of ham in it. I knew it wasn’t enough food for her! I expected her to eat at least part of my eggs. She was just happy I’d cooked even if just that. Poor thing has been living on lean cuisine meals since my surgery because I’m the family cook and I refuse to cook what I can’t eat (and she has no expectation it should be otherwise).

2 minutes ago, CJ Sunshine said:

Haha! All I’d made her for dinner was two eggs with a tiny bit of ham in it. I knew it wasn’t enough food for her! I expected her to eat at least part of my eggs. She was just happy I’d cooked even if just that. Poor thing has been living on lean cuisine meals since my surgery because I’m the family cook and I refuse to cook what I can’t eat (and she has no expectation it should be otherwise).

Oh man, you selfish bastard! *snic* *hahahahaha* Withholding on your wife!! Keepin' your cookin' MOJO to yourself. How irresponsible! But very smart of you to plan for the clean plate club! :)

Congratulations on reaching the "chewing stage". i couldn't wait to actually chew something by that stage. As another poster said, I prefer egg whites as well. I have been eating them that way for years, so I guess I'm just used to them.

It can get expensive though, and it does bother me to waste the yolks. I get farm fresh, organic, cage and antibiotic free from a friend for $2 a dozen, so that is definitely a plus.

Oh man, you selfish bastard! *snic* *hahahahaha* Withholding on your wife!! Keepin' your cookin' MOJO to yourself. How irresponsible! But very smart of you to plan for the clean plate club! [emoji4]

Actually, before my surgery, I made a big pot of stew and spaghetti sauce and then froze them in individual vacuum sealed bags that she could just boil...I’m planning on puréeing the stew for dinner tonight!!

Just now, CJ Sunshine said:

Actually, before my surgery, I made a big pot of stew and spaghetti sauce and then froze them in individual vacuum sealed bags that she could just boil...I’m planning on puréeing the stew for dinner tonight!!

Ok, I take it all back! You thoughtful sweetheart, you!! :) :460_circus_tent:

Congratulations on reaching the "chewing stage". i couldn't wait to actually chew something by that stage. As another poster said, I prefer egg whites as well. I have been eating them that way for years, so I guess I'm just used to them.
It can get expensive though, and it does bother me to waste the yolks. I get farm fresh, organic, cage and antibiotic free from a friend for $2 a dozen, so that is definitely a plus.

Ok folks...please stop telling me egg whites are better... I’m glad all of you like them but I think they are vile...and part of the benefit of having the DS is supposed to be that I don’t have to be hyper vigilant about the little bit of fat in an egg yolk, which is the part of the egg which contains all the micronutrients.

$2 is a steal! I pay $6!!!