Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You can change up your macros on the app. I eat wayyyy more carbs. I eat around 80-120 grams a day! I eat less Protein. I’m 9 months post op and just started eating chicken and 1000-1200 cals a day and some more if I hit the gym. I now barely started stalling... I’m down 105lbs .. but now I lose hardly 5-8lbs a month... try eating 1000cals and more carbs if you can... hang in there! You’ll lose more ... it is very strange that you can eat solids like that at 6 weeks... it took me over 4 months! And now I can slowly eat junky meats.... sadly. I do eat nuts and stuff. Helps my hair not fall out so much I feel ...

I have lost mine slow also. Hang in there !

On 10/05/2017 at 19:06, Introversion said:

You've lost 22 pounds in 6 weeks. I really don't see what the problem is. When is the last time you lost 22 pounds in 6 weeks? I conjecture the answer is, "Never."

My surgery day weight was 218 pounds, so you and I started at nearly the same starting point. Most of my monthly losses were single digit (1 to 7 pounds a month).

It took me 17 months to reach my goal weight. Although I was a slow loser, I'm dancing on a cloud because this is the first time I've been able to keep the weight off.

It's not about how rapidly you lose. Rather, it's about keeping it off for life.

Most of us could lose weight without surgery. Personally, I lost 200+ pounds in the 2 decades prior to surgery (lose 30, gain 50, lose 60, gain 90, rinse/repeat) but could never keep it off.

You're doing well when the bigger picture is examined. Stay off the scale so often and don't ruin a wonderful weight loss tool with a binge episode.

Good luck to you. You can do this. :)

Exactly. Based on those stats at your size you are actually doing really well. And people have stalls all the time and this should have been explained to you.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:49 PM, blizair09 said:

I'll echo what the other said, and add that you probably had the typical "three week stall" during this period of time. You probably didn't lose anything for a couple of weeks. Most of us went through that. Stalls suck, but they are more prevalent than periods of loss post-op (at least in my experience).

The key is to keep to your plan, especially during these frustrating periods. The weight will come off, and you will get where you want to be.

Good luck!

@Sleeved in DFW :-) I think Blizair09 is correct, you probably hit a stall. I've easily went 2 weeks without loss... It stinks, but it passes. Good luck, and hang in there.

I’m the OP. I’m 10-months post-op now. I took @introversion advice and came to realize and then eventually accept that I am a slow loser. As of today, I am down 63 lbs. and have gone from a BMI of 38.3 to a BMI of 28. I am now classified as “overweight” and not obese. I went from a size 24 to wearing a 12 or 14 now. My average weight loss is 1.41 lbs weekly and my monthly average is 6.34 lbs. I no longer use a cpap machine and my plantar fasciitis is fine or in submission. All good non-scale victories.
I wish it had been quicker. But we are all about instant gratification and I have learned to be more patient. I am 23 lbs away from my goal weight of 150 and I am 5’6. At my current rate it will take another 23 weeks to get there and that means I won’t reach goal until November which is 15 months after surgery. I just keep telling myself what @introversion has said on many occasions that there are slower losers and it’s not necessary a bad thing. Usually people who start with a lower BMI lose slower. Although I have seen people on here that have lost 30 lbs more than me and started at the same weight. It could also be my age (46 now) and the fact that I am on a medication cocktail for depression and have been for 20+ years. The other thing I deal with is that my weight can fluctuate 4-6 lbs depending on the day. I want to see it go down and never go back -up but that is not the case and some days I will go up 4 lbs and I start to worry again.
I’m glad I had the surgery. I still get 60-80 Protein a day and keep my carbs for special occasions. I don’t have problems eating any foods but I do feel my restriction and I am so thankful it is there. I hiccup when I’m dull and I know to stop. I pray it never goes away.
Here are some B&A pics if interested.
Thanks for asking how I’m doing. I really appreciate it.

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

Great job!

May be to much calories, Protein. Not enough Water.

To much protein will cause you to stall or gain.

If you feel your doctor isnt helpful, do what you can to switch. there's no law against that. Find someone who knows the latest about weight loss surgery issues and try him/her out. and no worries about ranting - we all need to do that from time to time - big hugs!

@sgt did your weight smooth out and start,up again. losing. I am looking forward to, my surgery July 2018 and figure that is the,kind of loser I will be

Sleeved in DFW what a beautiful loss you have had, your example shows even if it is not rapid it can be done. Thank you.

OMG, Sleeved! You look stunning!