Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You've lost 22 pounds in 6 weeks. I really don't see what the problem is. When is the last time you lost 22 pounds in 6 weeks? I conjecture the answer is, "Never."
My surgery day weight was 218 pounds, so you and I started at nearly the same starting point. Most of my monthly losses were single digit (1 to 7 pounds a month).
It took me 17 months to reach my goal weight. Although I was a slow loser, I'm dancing on a cloud because this is the first time I've been able to keep the weight off.
It's not about how rapidly you lose. Rather, it's about keeping it off for life.
Most of us could lose weight without surgery. Personally, I lost 200+ pounds in the 2 decades prior to surgery (lose 30, gain 50, lose 60, gain 90, rinse/repeat) but could never keep it off.
You're doing well when the bigger picture is examined. Stay off the scale so often and don't ruin a wonderful weight loss tool with a binge episode.
Good luck to you. You can do this. [emoji4]

You're right of course. I've never lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks and I sincerely appreciate you responding with encouragement. I have also played the lose some, gain even more game for 20 years. It does help to know that we were close to same starting weight and that you lost slowly as well. Thank you for sharing that. Do you mind saying how tall you are and what you decided on for a goal weight? I'd love to hear that.

"Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying"

HW 237 SW 226 CW 204 GW tbd

Hang in there!

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement!

I'll echo what the other said, and add that you probably had the typical "three week stall" during this period of time. You probably didn't lose anything for a couple of weeks. Most of us went through that. Stalls suck, but they are more prevalent than periods of loss post-op (at least in my experience).
The key is to keep to your plan, especially during these frustrating periods. The weight will come off, and you will get where you want to be.
Good luck!

Hi! Thanks for responding. You're right. I had a long stall at 3 weeks and it only broke last week. It was so weird b/c I stayed the EXACT same weight for over 2.5 weeks. That sucked too. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. Thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.

She said she lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks and is pretty bummed about it... rightly so, but OP you’ve got this! Use the tool and get out there and keep being busy! Slow is better... but I totally understand your disappointment

Thanks for understanding my disappointment. I guess I thought this was going to be a lot easier than it is. This is hard.

2 hours ago, PJTaylor said:

Do you mind saying how tall you are and what you decided on for a goal weight? I'd love to hear that.

I'm 5'1. My original goal weight was 110 lbs (BMI of 20), but I revised it upward to 130 because I was losing so slowly and thought I'd never make it to goal.

17 months post-op I reached 118 pounds (BMI of 22). My body's decided to settle here for now. I like how I look at 118 lbs and have been in maintenance a little more than a year.

Hi. Thanks for responding. I did ask my doctor and he prescribed one for me. Picking it up today. Hoping and praying that will help with the weird, gnawing feeling in my stomach I get every few hours. Thanks!

I had my 1 month post op appt. yesterday and told my Dr. I've been so hungry! He said I've got to take in more Protein (shakes!) I was barely getting two is daily, and he said I need to be getting 90g of protein daily, where I was probably only getting about 60 g on a good day. I was also very sleepy in the evenings, and again he said Protein shakes! So, I've done that today and actually it has helped. :)

Just went to my 6 week post-op appointment and now sitting in my car crying. In the last 4 weeks I've lost 6 pounds. SIX! How is that possible? I can only eat 2 oz of food at a time and I eat 3 meals a day with two Snacks. Usually right at 1000 calories a day. I always eat Protein first. Mostly chicken and usually that is all I can eat but sometimes I add in some Tomato or olives. I get between 60-80 grams of protein a day with a Protein Shake for Breakfast and protein Water as well. I'm drinking my water and walking at lunch everyday. I even take the stairs to work now!! Im 45 years old and yes I was/am a low BMI and expected to lose slower than those with really high BMI but I never thought that meant 6 pounds in four weeks. I'm so angry. And my doctor is useless. I used him b/c my mom used him ten years ago but he's horrible and doesn't even let me ask questions. I tried to tell him that my stomach hurts every two hours and he just said sorry, head hunger. Ugh!!! I was a binge eater before surgery and a I want to binge so badly right now. I probably could too b/c absolutely no food has bothered me. At all. Sorry for rant. I'm just so disappointed, disgusted and angry with myself right now.

I wanted to reach out since I’m losing like you are loosing - slowly. [emoji853] HW 230 Sw 211 CW 200

I went in to discuss and the response was that I just have a really slow metabolism, which I really already knew. It’s beyond frustrating when so many are posting “30lbs since surgery “. Let’s try to keep the faith, stay between 800-1000 calories and mostly Protein. I have to believe that at some point this will get faster. I have no choice. Good luck!!

Ok, I'm responding without having read the other responses.

If you lose the same as the average patient postop, you will get to 183lbs. That's only 21 more pounds. If you lose a pound a week, you'll have reached goal by 6 months postop! I personally think you'll do better than average... but you're right on track.

I wanted to reach out since I’m losing like you are loosing - slowly. [emoji853] HW 230 Sw 221 CW 200
I went in to discuss and the response was that I just have a really slow metabolism, which I really already knew. It’s beyond frustrating when so many are posting “30lbs since surgery “. Let’s try to keep the faith, stay between 800-1000 calories and mostly Protein. I have to believe that at some point this will get faster. I have no choice. Good luck!!

U took the words right outta my mouth. My weight, too, is coming off like molasses on a cold day, comparatively speaking! Trying to stay the course and keep the faith, tho. I had bypass (on 9/13) so my expectations were really, really skewed...based on all the RnY threads starting with "3 month in, down 75lbs" or like u said, "1 month in 30lbs down". Ugh. Fortunately, most my hunger hormone is disconnected, so I find it easier to stay away from junky, greasy, fatty foods. Just fighting head hunger mostly, trying to get 64oz of Water in daily, and working on getting my big butt up REGULARLY for exercise! [emoji12] [emoji123]
I'm with u...hopefully my slow metabolism will kick into high gear soon!

It took weightlifting for me to really lose the weight. Had my surgery 3/17, weighed 312, started exercising six weeks later. Zumba, religiously, by Aug had lost 40 something pounds. Started a weightlifting class with an intense large muscle workout, by December I had lost 160 lbs!!! Planks, and squats are your best friends!

Sent from my Pixel XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Something to thinl,anout!

I am a bit on the smaller side too so what sounds like slower progress is actually right on track. At just over a month out I’ve almost reached the weight I really thought I wanted to be (100 lbs down from lifetime high). Now I realize I probably want to set my goal at 20-30 pounds lighter.
HW: 260
SW:180
CW: 163
New GW: 130-140?