13 posts in this topic

Thank you all for taking the time out of your day to help me out. I will try alll of your suggestions. I had the sleeve surgery and I know this is only temporary! But getting off the scale is my first move. Thank you again!!

At first I could only swallow one mouthful at a time. At about 4 weeks I could swallow two. At 6 months I can swallow about 3 moderately-sized mouthfuls (about 3 or 4 oz) before having to wait a bit.

No pounding down for me! But, I can drink a pint of Water in about 15 minutes by taking a couple sips every couple minutes.

Took me the better part of a year before I could "pound" Water and it's still like 8 oz max at four years out. Breaking up the density or surface tension or whatever it is is a big part for me. Like our tap water is from a well and my whole family loves how it tastes.... but it sits "heavy" in my stomach. Bottled water does not. I also add NUUN electrolytes to mine... started because I run, but I do it when I'm not running too now because it breaks it up and adds a non sweet flavor. The tablets fizz though so wait till they are done before drinking, I learned that the hard way! Yikes!