Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Mario Almanza, Green And Health Hospital

My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 23, 2017. I was just wonder if anyone has used this doctor and/or facility, if so, what was your experience like?

I didn't use Dr. Almanza, but there have been lots of negative reviews for him. I would do a little research on him. Oh yeah, it appears that Bill Yanez may have displayed tons of info on him.

Good Luck!

There are some very decent weight loss surgeons in Mexico. I highly suggest finding another surgeon and facility. No need to take a gamble with your life. It's not worth the $ you might be saving.

Dr Almanza is my surgeon on Nov 2. I am praying God is with him then. I heard very good things about the staff and doctors. I went looking for bad reviews too. The only one I found was that they hire young people to handle the phone. 🤣. These “young people “ are very polite and go the extra mile to make sure you got all that you need. I never waited over 15 minutes for a reply. I can tell God lead me here.

My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 23, 2017. I was just wonder if anyone has used this doctor and/or facility, if so, what was your experience like?

I am Nov 2. Same doctor same place.

There are some very decent weight loss surgeons in Mexico. I highly suggest finding another surgeon and facility. No need to take a gamble with your life. It's not worth the $ you might be saving.

Especially when insurance won’t cover a USA $20k operation.

I didn't use Dr. Almanza, but there have been lots of negative reviews for him. I would do a little research on him. Oh yeah, it appears that Bill Yanez may have displayed tons of info on him.
Good Luck!

I did research. Bad reviews. I think that is only a statement from you. What is it. He hires young people to handle the phones??. Come on! They aren’t doing the operation. It is selfish and wrong to ruin someones career with useless propaganda.

1 hour ago, mw2543 said:

I did research. Bad reviews. I think that is only a statement from you. What is it. He hires young people to handle the phones??. Come on! They aren’t doing the operation. It is selfish and wrong to ruin someones career with useless propaganda.

mw2543....Yes, it is a statement from me. I can tell that you are heavily invested in having surgery with this doctor, and that is okay. I don't have a problem with him in the least. I can do research as well, and I have seen complaints where former patients have accused him of causing injury to them. I have also heard of patients that have died. Whether or not you think these are lies, my question is Why would you take a chance?

There is no way in hell that I would put my life in a doctor's hands while he had these accusations floating around. That is my take on it.

Anyway, i was merely adding my two cents to the OP's question. Maybe the comments on this board will get her to research this doctor fully before committing. If she decides to go with him, that is her decision to make just as it is yours. People come into this forum to ask for advice. All we can do is offer advice from our points of view. If others have problems with that, well, there is nothing that can be done about that.

I wish you luck in your surgery with this doctor, and hope that everything works out for the best.

srayon, please do your due diligence before reaching a final decision. I hope everything works out well for you as well.

mw2543....Yes, it is a statement from me. I can tell that you are heavily invested in having surgery with this doctor, and that is okay. I don't have a problem with him in the least. I can do research as well, and I have seen complaints where former patients have accused him of causing injury to them. I have also heard of patients that have died. Whether or not you think these are lies, my question is Why would you take a chance?

There is no way in hell that I would put my life in a doctor's hands while he had these accusations floating around. That is my take on it.

Anyway, i was merely adding my two cents to the OP's question. Maybe the comments on this board will get her to research this doctor fully before committing. If she decides to go with him, that is her decision to make just as it is yours. People come into this forum to ask for advice. All we can do is offer advice from our points of view. If others have problems with that, well, there is nothing that can be done about that.

I wish you luck in your surgery with this doctor, and hope that everything works out for the best.

srayon, please do your due diligence before reaching a final decision. I hope everything works out well for you as well.

You have not given any facts except that you quoted one employee. You didn’t even give her name. Yes sir I researched it and (lol) “at least” I only heard he hired young people to answer the phone. [emoji849]. My life is not in a “doctors “ hands. My life is in the hands of my Savior. People that do not follow instructions have complications. Whose fault is that? My friend had a sleeve done. He just did whatever he wanted and he had problems. There are good reason for instructions. Many people need pictures to help. Whose fault is it really if the patient does not follow instructions. Good thing this doctor is in Mexico. In the USA the doctors would sue you the pants off of you. I don’t like your ethics at all.

5 minutes ago, mw2543 said:

You have not given any facts except that you quoted one employee. You didn’t even give her name. Yes sir I researched it and (lol) “at least” I only heard he hired young people to answer the phone. . My life is not in a “doctors “ hands. My life is in the hands of my Savior.

First of all, I did not quote anyone so I don't know what you are talking about. I thought I would give you a news report. Dr. Almanza denies everything, and says that all complainants have been paid off, but whatever.

http://www.10news.com/news/team-10/team-10-doctor-accused-of-injuring-and-killing-patients-shares-his-story

I am glad your life is in the hands of your Savior. I just wanted to say...again....Good Luck with your surgery. I hope everything works out for you.

10 minutes ago, DropWt4Life said:

First of all, I did not quote anyone so I don't know what you are talking about. I thought I would give you a news report. Dr. Almanza denies everything, and says that all complainants have been paid off, but whatever.

http://www.10news.com/news/team-10/team-10-doctor-accused-of-injuring-and-killing-patients-shares-his-story

I am glad your life is in the hands of your Savior. I just wanted to say...again....Good Luck with your surgery. I hope everything works out for you.

11 minutes ago, DropWt4Life said:

From what I see on your link post is just what I thought. Ta disgruntled former employee. There is too much BS and you should be careful of saying things. Goodbye and thanks. I know now this is definitely propaganda. No need to answer because I am done.

Just now, mw2543 said:

From what I see on your link post is just what I thought. Ta disgruntled former employee. There is too much BS and you should be careful of saying things. Goodbye and thanks. I know now this is definitely propaganda. No need to answer because I am done.

Thank GOD!

WOW... SMH@dropwt4life you did the best you can do.
@mw2543 WLS surgery is a very serious surgery. It can cause all kinds of problems, including death. Please do your homework!!!
It's not worth risking your life for a cheap price.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Just do your research and if you have even the slightest reservation find a different surgeon. This surgery can be very risky but if you have it done by a qualified surgeon and follow your post op plan you can have great results. I personally would not let Dr. Almanza operate on me just based on the negative stories but that's a decision you can only really make for yourself. I was lucky enough to have a local surgeon perform my surgery.

8 hours ago, Precious517 said:

WOW... SMH@dropwt4life you did the best you can do.
@mw2543 WLS surgery is a very serious surgery. It can cause all kinds of problems, including death. Please do your homework!!!
It's not worth risking your life for a cheap price.

You need to leave me alone. I am very tired of this. It is not because of the cheapest price. You need to show more respect! I smh back at you!!!! Quit this immediately .

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using BariatricPal mobile app