Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im SOO HUNGRY! How are you making it through?

Lol! I love any flavor at this point! I’m glad everything went well are you in any pain?

I bring 3 shakes to work with me. Have 1 in the morning then another around noon. I made my own chicken broth, so I have that around 1pm and my 3rd shake around 3. In between I drink a lot of Water (around 72 oz. ) and eat a sf jell-o or unsweetened applesauce. When I get home from work I have another shake around 5:30-6, more water and another jell-o or a sf popsicle. Started preop diet on Monday and this morning was down 7 lbs

Wow RomAnca! Seems like you got a great daily schedule! I do take my Protein Shakes and popsicles to work with me, I’ve been hanging in there still sticking to my diet, it is getting a little easier with each passing day I’m about 5 pounds down from the start if my pre-op

13 minutes ago, hillnicole34 said:

Wow RomAnca! Seems like you got a great daily schedule! I do take my Protein Shakes and popsicles to work with me, I’ve been hanging in there still sticking to my diet, it is getting a little easier with each passing day I’m about 5 pounds down from the start if my pre-op

Thanks and don't worry you got this. Oh and if you feel the hunger coming on at night, go to sleep early, that's what I did Monday and Tuesday. Tomorrow is a step closer to surgery. Good Luck!

Thank you! Good luck to you as well! Thats exactly what i do when i get home go right to sleep! If i didn’t work i would sleep all day long lol 11 more days till surgery

It will definitely be worth it. I promise you won't be hungry after the surgery for a few months. I am 2 months out now and I am never hungry. Yes, the pre o.o diet was difficult but the results are amazing. I hit onederland yesterday and never will see 200 or more again! Keep up the good work. It will be over soon and your new life will begin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

This is day three for me on the 2 week pre-op diet and i am already struggling[emoji20]a lot! NO food? REALLY? I imagined it would be just a little easier then this [emoji30]I did great on my nut visits an changing my eating habits, even got my twin doing the liquid diet with me trying to keep me motivated but i dont think I’m going to make it 🤦🏾‍♀️when I’m home all i want to do is sleep so i wont eat anything! But seem like lately Im mostly at work STARVING[emoji19]and it seems like all of a sudden every one wants to offer me food( no-one there knows I’m having surgery but i do say I’m on a diet) it doesn’t seem to matter. How are you getting though or how did you make it through the two weeks? Any helpful tips would be great I’m already over these Protein Shakes and broth[emoji24]

Take the Vitamin supplements, they seem to give me energy and I don't seem to be hungry with them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

After surgery I was having what my doctor called was mental hunger. After being sleeved the task is to recondition the mind about food. As my doctor explained it the portion of your stomach that is removed creates the chemical that causes hunger.

Listen to your body.. Is your mind telling you, you've gotta eat or are you feeling weak, having stomachache (hunger cramps)?
I kept my mouth busy by chewing ice, that kept my mind distracted.
You can make it...

Sent from my SM-N910P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you ncoll for the encouragement and congratulations on your accomplishment you must feel really proud of yourself! You are right i know it will be worth it at the end of it all so i will continue to work hard and do what i have to do

I had days I wanted to murder someone.... each day gets a bit better. For me I made sure I had everything I was aloud to have in the house with as much variety as possible. I had a lot of sauteed cabbage with garlic and hot sauce which helped me. I also found the ultra low fat whip cream and had that with my Jello. Although they were not exactly aloud I was able to be successful. One day I was so hungry I ate a handful of sugar free candies lol. Jsut do your best because everyone is different. I am 6 weeks post op and down 40lbs and honestly there were days I didn't think I could do it. I am lucky to be off work so on bad days I would try to distract myself with movies or I would sleep. You will adjust it just takes time. If you really cannot handle it eat something that is Water based.... look at what your aloud after surgery and choose what will break down the easiest. Goodluck

every day is a new day!
Kristen

@hillnicole34, first I want to say, you got this!! It's hard, but when you kick this pre-op diet's ass, it will be so worth it! I will be 3 weeks post-op on Monday. I will just now be able to move up to eggs, cottage cheese, cheese and soft cooked vegetables. I CANNOT WAIT!!! I lost 26 pounds during my 2 week pre-op diet. The shakes were horrible and were hard to stomach after week 1. I was to the point that I was hangry. I was a b***h to the people that I work with. It is the worst mental torture I think I've ever been through. You know what helped me though? Gum. Get something sugar free. Even that makes you feel like you're cheating, but it helped so much. I hope this helps. Again, you got this!

Sent from my Pixel XL using BariatricPal mobile app

I find that food is a habit. We eat to entertain ourselves. Ask yourself if you are hungry or bored. I catch myself doing the bored eating thing..... I then try to find something to do to keep me busy. I am now mentally working at using food as an instrument and not as entertainment. Good luck and stay strong.