Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im SOO HUNGRY! How are you making it through?

This is day three for me on the 2 week pre-op diet and i am already strugglinga lot! NO food? REALLY? I imagined it would be just a little easier then this I did great on my nut visits an changing my eating habits, even got my twin doing the liquid diet with me trying to keep me motivated but i dont think I’m going to make it 🤦🏾‍♀️when I’m home all i want to do is sleep so i wont eat anything! But seem like lately Im mostly at work STARVINGand it seems like all of a sudden every one wants to offer me food( no-one there knows I’m having surgery but i do say I’m on a diet) it doesn’t seem to matter. How are you getting though or how did you make it through the two weeks? Any helpful tips would be great I’m already over these Protein Shakes and broth

The pre-op diet sounds easy until we actually have to do it. Some people want to start it early & run full steam ahead but too quickly run out of gas. This is hard. You're in one of the hardest phases of this whole thing. Know that every one of us who've made it to the other side has gone through exactly the same thing. Dig deep. Deeper than that. Find that source of inspiration. Good luck!

Thanks DaleCruse and mzsantiago88 for your response and encouragement its really appreciated[emoji16]I have definitely switched it up with the broth and Jello flavors. I have been eating more sugar free popsicles then anything, so many that i feel just a little guilty about it! i have also tried mixing my Protein Shakes together for a different flavor lol. I’m definitely going to do my best to stick it threw! Thanks again

I put unflavored protien powder in my broth for a diffrrent consistency and so I was able to still get my Protein also

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

hillNicole34,

Are you allowed Soups on your diet or just broths? I creamed Progresso southwestern veggie soups and had lots of other cream based soups combined with a little unflavored Protein Powder to keep me full. I made sure that I was putting something in my mouth every few hours so I didn't feel hungry. I knew that I made rash decisions when I was hungry.

It would be a good idea to continue to eat/drink Protein Shakes every few hours even when you are home. Number 1, that is how you stoke your metabolism. Number 2, you probably won't get hungry. Drinking tons of Protein shakes does get tiring, but you've got to mix it up a bit. Blend different things into them so that they are always different.

I loved to drink smoothies with Mean Green juice blended with frozen berries, 1/2 of a banana, and vanilla or unsweetened protein powder. I still do.

If you want a flavorful broth, get a few chicken bullion, boil them up with Water, add some cilantro, cumin and a bit of rotel to it. Makes a great little tortilla Soup flavor. If you are allowed on your plan, you can blend this up and have it all. I would add some half and half, and a bit of unflavored protein to it as well to thicken it up.

Just count down the days until surgery. Two weeks is a drop in the bucket in the big scheme of things.

Good Luck!

constantly drinking water/ crystal light / Crush packets pineapples r my favorite...I get them from Dollar General.... I'm on day 6 not in ketosis yet...but patiently waiting.....I cheated I ate a stalk of broccoli..... I couldnt resist...I was starving...I feel bad but it is what it is..... Havent crapped in 4 days and I'm borderline miserable.....gained 7 lbs of Water weight but honestly I lost alot of inches....keep drinking dont give up. Cream Soups and Chinese store egg drop Soup is a godsend!!!!

Frame_20171004_13_48_21.png

DropeWt4Life thanks for the info and the encouragement, i am not allowed anything other then clear broth i have been constantly drinking the Protein shakes! I am in the fight and trying my hardest to stay on track! My600lblifereversed i cant have cream Soups [emoji30]look great congratulations on your weight loss! Im hoping it gets easier I’m just ready for the big bay so I can try some of these recipes post-op

Thanks for the info and the encouraging words Direen0716! I will praying for you to have a speedy recovery and a successful surgery [emoji1488] pleas check in and let me know how you are doing!

Thank u hillnicole34 !! Try unflavored Protein powder in broth it changed the cosistancy to like a cream Soup that helped me

I know all doctors are different, but mine didn't require any pre-liquid diet, only the day before. However, I heard some doctors giving out month long liquid diets before surgery. D:

I chose to do a week of liquids before my surgery (for my own peace of mind and to prepare myself) which is tomorrow, and I know how you feel. What helped me, was switching it up and doing my own little recipes - I'd combine red and green Jello or chicken broth with Tomato Soup. Weird, I know, but I've a low expectation for food (I think TV dinners are amazing lol).

Maybe this will help? :3

I'm 1 week post-op and I'm going to be honest I cheated a few times during my 2 week pre-op diet. I'm a single mom and since I'm the only one that cooks so it made it super hard. I've stolen a piece of pepperoni off a slice of pizza. I've left some ice cream on the spoon to have an excuse to lick the spoon. My son's birthday was 3 days before my surgery and I had cheated big time eating pizza and a piece of ice cream cake. In my defense I had already lost 15 lbs in the pre-op diet because I cheated on my son's birthday. It's definitely hard but not completely undoable. You got this!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks DaleCruse and mzsantiago88 for your response and encouragement its really appreciated[emoji16]I have definitely switched it up with the broth and Jello flavors. I have been eating more sugar free popsicles then anything, so many that i feel just a little guilty about it! i have also tried mixing my Protein Shakes together for a different flavor lol. I’m definitely going to do my best to stick it threw! Thanks again

I just had my surgery today and believe me when I say the post opp is more nerve wrecking than actual surgery lol eat tons of sugar free popsicles I love orange and red personally that was my favorite thing lol

Lol! I love any flavor at this point! I’m glad everything went well are you in any pain?