Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 minutes ago, beckyagain said:

Sleeved on 11/20, came home last night. Feel much better in my own bed and moving around my house. The gas pressure is real! Burping all the time. Working on my liquids and just a tiny bit of Protein today. Still feeling very bloated! Little by little I’ll get there.

One day at a time you will do well.

@BabyFat23 hey girl how are you doing? Did you start pureed foods yet? Any pain? Trying to take one day at a time but feeling kinda down and blue the past few days. Just wanted to check in on ya! Happy thanksgiving :)

I was sleeved on June 21st and I my original weight was 238, my surgery weight was 209, so in the fourth month I'm down to 150 pounds as of today, I have gone from an 18-20 size down to a size 12. I don't exactly meet the food requirements that they have because my appetite is satisfied with such little portions of food. I didn't have any gas problems, not really much pain, my hair is only thinning out but I was taking Biotin right when I started my very first visit with the nutritionist, biotin has helped me alot, it grew my eyelashes, it helped my eyebrows grow back in, and I hear about people having their hair come out in clumps, but the surgery was easier than I thought it was I left the hospital the very next day.

Sent from my N9560 using BariatricPal mobile app

Had my sleeve surgery today and am in a lot of pain.

8 hours ago, bogglesauce said:

Hang in there!

On 11/21/2017 at 5:53 PM, Maryvsg87 said:

Hey guys had surgery yesterday. The pain is bad and I’m not able to get enough of the liquid. So they keeping me another day. Even though I’m having these pains I don’t regret this at all! Happy to be on the loser bench

Hey Mary! Walk walk walk! It is probably from the gas. Speedy recovery!

I know how you feel. I am five days out and still lots of pain. I have thrush now too. It will get better if we keep the course. [emoji3]

Had surgery on nov 21. I broke down just before getting sedated. I was terrified. All went pretty well. The next thing I knew was my hand on fire from a potassium drip. My blood pressure dipped super low as did my potassium levels. So I was in recovery for 5 hours. My pressure stayed low all through the next day. I’m home now though and doing fine. I’m only feeling super sore when getting up. Not walking much yet. I’m sore mostly in my neck and thighs. Not sure why but assuming it is from the way I’m getting up and sitting down. The gas issue is a struggle but the pain passes quickly. sleeping at home is a struggle. Best sleep so far is on the couch. No nausea but the gave me Patches and oral medication for that. Now it’s time to sip sip and sip some more.

16 hours ago, CamillaCallie said:

@BabyFat23 hey girl how are you doing? Did you start pureed foods yet? Any pain? Trying to take one day at a time but feeling kinda down and blue the past few days. Just wanted to check in on ya! Happy thanksgiving :)

Yes no pain just get even fuller faster. Not at all press bout purée food because now I have to really think before I eat. liquids for me was kinda better even though I complain about it. I didn’t have to plan when it was just liquids. I have to make a choice drink or eat can’t dont do both together. This is really my test.

Odd issue. I just on the scale and found I weigh 6 lbs more than the day of surgery. I’m assuming this will go away quickly and that it is due to all of the iv liquids than gave me because of my blood pressure. Did anyone else notice that?

Odd issue. I just on the scale and found I weigh 6 lbs more than the day of surgery. I’m assuming this will go away quickly and that it is due to all of the iv liquids than gave me because of my blood pressure. Did anyone else notice that?

Yup, I weighed myself the day I had the surgery when I was walking around with the nurse and it said I gained 4 pounds. Took a few days to lose it but totally normal. Lots of swelling and fluids going on!