Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guysssss I am super excited confirmed time for surgery Monday 7:30AM Arrival at 5:30AM. I'm happy!!!! 2 more days :1297_raised_hands_tone3:

Yay! You will do great!! A few things that saved my life were MOUTHWASH omg! I also brought the biotine stuff but good old fashioned scope mouthwash was a lifesaver for me! Also a small fan, a heating pad crystal light drops. I will be praying for you! Good luck!

Surgery Date: 11/16/17

5'8"

HW- 416 (Sept. 2014)

CW- 351.6

SW-?????

GW- 160

13 hours ago, BabyFat23 said:

How is everything?

How are you doing?

I'm five day post op and so far no issues except for some gas pain.

I don't think I'm getting all my fluids in. I'm trying to do 1oz every 15min but I'm full all the time. Pain meds make me sleepy so I only take it at night. I had one BM 2 days after I got home but that's it.

Thank you for the tip about the pillow, it helped so much on the way home.

2 hours ago, Lizbeth3124 said:

I'm five day post op and so far no issues except for some gas pain.

I don't think I'm getting all my fluids in. I'm trying to do 1oz every 15min but I'm full all the time. Pain meds make me sleepy so I only take it at night. I had one BM 2 days after I got home but that's it.

Thank you for the tip about the pillow, it helped so much on the way home.

The nurse in my class the other day told us that it is okay not to get all of your fluids in the first couple weeks as long as you sip sip sip throughout the day and try and make sure you stay hydrated.

21 hours ago, Maryvsg87 said:

Guysssss I am super excited confirmed time for surgery Monday 7:30AM Arrival at 5:30AM. I'm happy!!!! 2 more days :1297_raised_hands_tone3:

Congrats!!!

On 11/14/2017 at 2:29 PM, LylaLovesCoffee said:

Up and down like a snail is a good analogy. I was told to drink 3 Protein drinks a day once I get home. I do what I can. I feel like if I don't I'm only starving myself and that's no good. I don't know if you're going through this but my incisions do not like to have clothes on them. Is that weird? I can have a pillow up against it, but that's it, so that's something at least. Ice helps but after a while drives me nuts. Other than that I feel great. Beatrice (what I call my new tool) hasn't been giving me too much hassle, so that's a plus. I'm so glad I did this.

My surgery is in less than 2 weeks and I was worried about the incisions and clothing as well! I hope I can have some sweats on or pajama pants atleast lol. Beatrice! lol I laughed when I read that. I will have to name mine as well.:lol::lol:

On 11/9/2017 at 8:08 PM, BunnyJean said:

I was sleeved yesterday. I was great walked no pain. I felt nauseous 1x & they gave me meds for that. Today had the barium test so they could see if any leaks. Since then feeling kinda blah. I'm supposed to be sipping 1 oz of Water each hr my stomach cramps up with it something terrible. I had dry heaves earlier today. I'm starting to swell up & they changed the Fluid bag to something without sugar because my sugar went up to 177 & it's normally low 90's. The cramping in my stomach feels like it's seizing up. I keep walking walking walking hoping that goes away. I'm also freezing most of the time & I'm rarely cold

I read somewhere that the cramps may come from the liquid being too cold or too hot. Have you tried room temp Water?

14 hours ago, GoddessMoon said:

My surgery is in less than 2 weeks and I was worried about the incisions and clothing as well! I hope I can have some sweats on or pajama pants atleast lol. Beatrice! lol I laughed when I read that. I will have to name mine as well.:lol::lol:

I can have clothes on.. the incisions don't like to be covered. It's getting better though. Only thing annoying me right now is all the itching from the healing. The pain is going down, from the 6 I told them in the hospital it's now down to a nice low grumble of 2. I wore pajamas in the hospital, and I'm still wearing them now. I just pull down the front to give the incisions some air.

In other news. Since surgery 11 days ago. I am down 13.8 lbs and that's before the gas and Water weight after surgery, if I add that I've lost 16.8 lbs. I'm doing good to get 50 oz of water in me and I'm still trying to get the Protein Drinks in me. I've got the water with me all the time, so I'm hoping the ounces will continue to rise.

Beatrice is doing well, as long as I don't guzzle, and I won't say that I don't. It's a hard habit to break. but as long as I don't guzzle she doesn't complain. When I do guzzle she likes to strangle the pipe and that kind of hurts. I have to wait until it goes down. I keep trying to use that as a lesson but I seem to like to do things the hard way. Beatrice hasn't made me hurl since I got home from the hospital so that's a plus. I just gotta remember she rules my life right now and I need to follow her rules. That may sound silly, but if you think about it learning how to use our new tool is a new learning experience.

Good luck to you @GoddessMoon, I'm sure you'll do great. Take your time, Walk those halls and sip sip sip.

Okay guys the day has come! I’m here admitting myself. Wow I think I’m finally feel what people say they feel because is getting real! NERVOUSNESS Surgery in a few I’ll keep you guys updated! Ready for this!

17 minutes ago, Maryvsg87 said:

Okay guys the day has come! I’m here admitting myself. Wow I think I’m finally feel what people say they feel because is getting real! NERVOUSNESS Surgery in a few I’ll keep you guys updated! Ready for this!

Good Luck, I'm headed in at 9:00! We got This

10 hours ago, Maryvsg87 said:

Best wishes.

On 11/19/2017 at 7:09 AM, LylaLovesCoffee said:

I can have clothes on.. the incisions don't like to be covered. It's getting better though. Only thing annoying me right now is all the itching from the healing. The pain is going down, from the 6 I told them in the hospital it's now down to a nice low grumble of 2. I wore pajamas in the hospital, and I'm still wearing them now. I just pull down the front to give the incisions some air.

In other news. Since surgery 11 days ago. I am down 13.8 lbs and that's before the gas and Water weight after surgery, if I add that I've lost 16.8 lbs. I'm doing good to get 50 oz of Water in me and I'm still trying to get the Protein Drinks in me. I've got the water with me all the time, so I'm hoping the ounces will continue to rise.

Beatrice is doing well, as long as I don't guzzle, and I won't say that I don't. It's a hard habit to break. but as long as I don't guzzle she doesn't complain. When I do guzzle she likes to strangle the pipe and that kind of hurts. I have to wait until it goes down. I keep trying to use that as a lesson but I seem to like to do things the hard way. Beatrice hasn't made me hurl since I got home from the hospital so that's a plus. I just gotta remember she rules my life right now and I need to follow her rules. That may sound silly, but if you think about it learning how to use our new tool is a new learning experience.

Good luck to you @GoddessMoon, I'm sure you'll do great. Take your time, Walk those halls and sip sip sip.

Yes girl we have to listen to our new stomach. I am pain free for the most part. When I go for long walks i don’t know why it’s pain. I am down 15.8 pounds.