Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK...one Premier Protein drink is 11 oz and 30 grams Protein. I think that I can fit about half that in at a time. So drinking two of these a day (4 meals) will give me 60 grams protein. The bare minimum. I don't think we are supposed to be drinking Protein Drinks ALL the time. Like more than MEALS. Right? So I shouldn't be sipping on protein drinks during the day but more of Water type items? broth? I'm really confused because I just can't get it all in.

My plan is only 1/2 water and 1/2 juice for the entire first week. No protein at all. I would just concentrate on fluids for now. Good luck!

Surgery Date: 11/16/17
HW- 416 (Sept. 2014)
CW- 353.4
SW-?????
GW- 160

Congrats! I spoke with my surgeon about the Protein intake and his team assured me were ok without it during the first week post op. They want to be sure we're just staying hydrated, period. If we get it down, great that is just a bonus.

Mine said the same thing. He wants me sipping 1 ounce of fluids (I’m actually supposed to measure it) every 15 minutes, within a few days post op he wants me up to 1 ounce every 12 minutes. The first equates to about 54 ounces per day which is minimal to stay hydrated and the second puts me at 64 ounces a day.

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

6 days post op. Things are going well. I'm keeping my fluids and Protein down. Whenever I get a craving for "food" I either get a Popsicle or some Jello and "fake it". A couple of good things have come out of this.

1) I can now drink coffee black. I've been trying for several years to kick the Creamer habit, and it finally happened.

2) I don't know if any of you ladies have this issue, but I've always had a weak bladder. Since this surgery I don't have to "rush" anymore. I'm loving it.

I've lost all my surgery swelling/water weight and a couple of pounds more. but I'm not really paying much attention because I have plenty of time right now, and my recovery must come first. Also I had my first BM this morning. Everything went fine and I had no problems. I know it sounds like I'm having a easy breezy time of this, but I assure you my incision is still hurting and I walk around like a 90 yr old woman. I've been icing my side and that helps some.

How is everyone else doing?

Edited by LylaLovesCoffee
Typos

I have been taking Zicam swabs. Did you have a cough? I am perfectly fine besides this darn cough! No fever or anything. I'm determined to kick this by Thursday. My insurance changes Jan 1st so I am terrified of being rescheduled! I had a baby this year so I've reached my deductible and max out of pocket for the year.. Been drinking a ton of broth, sitting in the steamy shower, Benadryl, sudafed, inhaling essential oils the whole 9! Ughughugh!

Surgery Date: 11/16/17
HW- 416 (Sept. 2014)
CW- 353.4
SW-?????
GW- 160

No I didn’t have a cough or fever . I had a soar throat and head cold . I used the dissolvable tables as well as the zicam nasal spray . I was told that a cough and a fever could be reasons to cancel. I hope you recover quickly !!

6 days post op. Things are going well. I'm keeping my fluids and Protein down. Whenever I get a craving for "food" I either get a Popsicle or some Jello and "fake it". A couple of good things have come out of this.
1) I can now drink coffee black. I've been trying for several years to kick the Creamer habit, and it finally happened.
2) I don't know if any of you ladies have this issue, but I've always had a weak bladder. Since this surgery I don't have to "rush" anymore. I'm loving it.
I've lost all my surgery swelling/water weight and a couple of pounds more. but I'm not really paying much attention because I have plenty of time right now, and my recovery must come first. Also I had my first BM this morning. Everything went fine and I had no problems. I know it sounds like I'm having a easy breezy time of this, but I assure you my incision is still hurting and I walk around like a 90 yr old woman. I've been icing my side and that helps some.

It sounds like you are doing great, congrats! I look forward to those after surgery benefits too I am slowly giving up the creamer habit, I have replaced mine with the Protein Shakes

Have a great day!
Amanda
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish

6 hours ago, LylaLovesCoffee said:

1) I can now drink coffee black. I've been trying for several years to kick the creamer habit, and it finally happened.

You are doing great I am also drinking way more Water and Protein. A lot of people try to stay away from protein drinks the first week I couldn’t. I drink more water then protein. But from talking to a lot of vet sleevers I was told to drink as much protein as possible because you will loss more hair then you want too. I am super afraid of this. This is one of my fears loss hair. I do understand in the end it will come back but I don’t care. I want to loss as less hair as possible while on this journey. Not sure if all my swallowing is gone yet, I don’t think so but I am down a few pounds. I don’t care what and who pounds they are there gone 🙏🏾 I more week liquid. I also get up and down like a snail.

Edited by BabyFat23

One thing I Wish for on this site is that people need to understand is that, every doctor has their own requirements on what we should do. Just because a person is not doing what your doctor says don’t make them wrong. Oh maybe in your eyes. But in their eyes they are doing the right thing because it’s what their Dr. requires not yours. Why are we mad because 1 week out someone Dr let’s them eat soft food and ours don’t. We don’t know that person and why she’s able too. People are always putting people down for what they are doing, trying to make themselves seem so much better. Your in the same boat as everybody else on here. Your words can really hurt a person. We always tell our kids to be nice no bullying but we as adults do it all the time. STOP IF YOU CANT GIVE GOOD ADVICE THEN WHO CARE BOUT WHAT YOUR DR TOLD YOU THATS JUST WHAT YOUR DR TOLD YOU NOT US. one more thing if you haven’t had your surgery yet then please stop trying to tell others how they should feel. Sorry it don’t work like that.

@Lady83 Tylenol cold and flu makes you feel a lot better hr after taking it. I had a baby also and couldn’t be rescheduled. That was out.

42 minutes ago, BabyFat23 said:

You are doing great I am also drinking way more Water and Protein. A lot of people try to stay away from Protein Drinks the first week I couldn’t. I drink more Water then Protein. But from talking to a lot of vet sleevers I was told to drink as much protein as possible because you will loss more hair then you want too. I am super afraid of this. This is one of my fears loss hair. I do understand in the end it will come back but I don’t care. I want to loss as less hair as possible while on this journey. Not sure if all my swallowing is gone yet, I don’t think so but I am down a few pounds. I don’t care what and who pounds they are there gone 🙏🏾 I more week liquid. I also get up and down like a snail.

Up and down like a snail is a good analogy. I was told to drink 3 protein drinks a day once I get home. I do what I can. I feel like if I don't I'm only starving myself and that's no good. I don't know if you're going through this but my incisions do not like to have clothes on them. Is that weird? I can have a pillow up against it, but that's it, so that's something at least. Ice helps but after a while drives me nuts. Other than that I feel great. Beatrice (what I call my new tool) hasn't been giving me too much hassle, so that's a plus. I'm so glad I did this.

1 hour ago, confusedturtle3 said:

It sounds like you are doing great, congrats! I look forward to those after surgery benefits too emoji6.png I am slowly giving up the creamer habit, I have replaced mine with the Protein Shakes emoji39.png

Have a great day!
Amanda emoji16.png
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish emoji23.png

That's what I did when I started this journey.

You are doing great I am also drinking way more Water and Protein. A lot of people try to stay away from protein drinks the first week I couldn’t. I drink more water then protein. But from talking to a lot of vet sleevers I was told to drink as much protein as possible because you will loss more hair then you want too. I am super afraid of this. This is one of my fears loss hair. I do understand in the end it will come back but I don’t care. I want to loss as less hair as possible while on this journey. Not sure if all my swallowing is gone yet, I don’t think so but I am down a few pounds. I don’t care what and who pounds they are there gone [emoji1488] I more week liquid. I also get up and down like a snail.

I'm getting up and down like a snail too! I'm still struggling with Fluid but going to get 48oz in today which is the most I've done so far. I Just need to keep remembering it's a process.

23 minutes ago, CamillaCallie said:

I'm getting up and down like a snail too! I'm still struggling with Fluid but going to get 48oz in today which is the most I've done so far. I Just need to keep remembering it's a process.

You will get there. I am drinking more but not as much as I should. It’s easier for me to get down. Just keep at it.

You will get there. I am drinking more but not as much as I should. It’s easier for me to get down. Just keep at it.

Thanks! You too! Do you still get nausea sometimes or no ?

I was going to say the same thing. Make sure you can take in Water, broth, tea, Jello. That type of thing. Then if you can, try Protein with one meal. you can even get the unflavored protein (Genpro or Unjury) and add it to broth or tea. This is what I do when I cannot stand to drink another shake. I also will take 1/4 cup plain 0% Fage greek yogurt and add a scoop of unflavored protein and a tablespoon of sugar free pudding (vanilla or chocolate). I add some water and then I take my time eating that. Just go slow. We'll all get there. good luck

Thank you .

I'd love to find some other buddy sleevers that are having surgery near my date (within a few months). I have surgery tomorrow, Nov 15th! Anybody need a buddy? I'm from Oklahoma btw.

Sent from my LGLS992 using BariatricPal mobile app