Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to Sams Club today to buy clear Protein Drinks. This was my first experience in a grocery type store since I began my pre op diet. It was the first time my cravings were overwhelming. Then I watched my sister eat one of those huge hotdogs. It smelled wonderful. I just sipped my unsweetened iced tea and thought about how hard this is. Then we started talking about our plans for Christmas and I felt better. Soft foods stage comes six days before so I can look forward to that...if all goes well that is. I hope I get to the point where food just isn’t that big of a deal to me.

I went to Sams Club today to buy clear Protein drinks. This was my first experience in a grocery type store since I began my pre op diet. It was the first time my cravings were overwhelming. Then I watched my sister eat one of those huge hotdogs. It smelled wonderful. I just sipped my unsweetened iced tea and thought about how hard this is. Then we started talking about our plans for Christmas and I felt better. Soft foods stage comes six days before so I can look forward to that...if all goes well that is. I hope I get to the point where food just isn’t that big of a deal to me.

I hear you! I can't even keep all of my Water down yet and I'm still missing food! Has anyone else noticed how every other commercial on TV is for food? It's become a running joke in our house!

I can't wait until I'm able to eat yogurt or SOMETHING!

Anybody else feel like there stomach is way smaller then they was told it should be. I can’t fit very much in stomach at all before I notice that I am full. I am full all the time it’s no way I am getting what I need.

Anybody else feel like there stomach is way smaller then they was told it should be. I can’t fit very much in stomach at all before I notice that I am full. I am full all the time it’s no way I am getting what I need.

This is from the info they gave me...hope it helps.

“Consume between 2-4 oz at each meal/snack. Your stomach will be able to hold 1oz of food at a time so eat slowly. The portion you will be able to tolerate at one time is dependent on the consistency of the food. You you will be able to tolerate more liquids than solid food. Each meal/snack should take approximately 30 min to eat.”

16 minutes ago, KIP-MI said:

I am still three days away from surgery but my information sheet says to sip 4-6 ounces per hour for as many hours as you can during the day. The goal is 48-64 ounces of Fluid and 60-80 grams of Protein. Obviously, I'm not there yet but it sounds like they know it will be tough to get in the fluids that we need post-op.

“Consume between 2-4 oz at each meal/snack. Your stomach will be able to hold 1oz of food at a time so eat slowly. The portion you will be able to tolerate at one time is dependent on the consistency of the food. You you will be able to tolerate more liquids than solid food. Each meal/snack should take approximately 30 min to eat.”

3 hours ago, alli.wakefield said:

3 hours ago, KIP-MI said:

I don’t feel like my stomach hold that much at all. I have that same paper. And honey it’s super hard to get that much in right after having surgery. I have not meet anyone yet that can. I am drinking all day and still can’t consume as much as I should.

@BunnyJeanDon’t feel to bad it’s a whole lot of us that feel just like you. From what I understand it get better and better. ;)

[mention=324707]BunnyJean[/mention]Don’t feel to bad it’s a whole lot of us that feel just like you. From what I understand it get better and better. [emoji6]

That makes me feel better too. I've had 36oz of Powerade zero. And my dad made me laugh and I was in tears from the pain. Not a good idea to laugh right now.

@CamillaCallie You go I am at 50 will try to get in 16 more before bed. I don’t want to keep peeing all night. I have been during premier Water all day. Not really feeling any thing else.

[mention=322457]CamillaCallie[/mention] You go I am at 50 will try to get in 16 more before bed. I don’t want to keep peeing all night. I have been during premier Water all day. Not really feeling any thing else.

You're doing awesome! Tomorrow I need to shoot for another 12oz..I haven't been really peeing.

On 10/3/2017 at 5:15 PM, BabyFat23 said:

Looking for November sleever friends. I am from Philadelphia

11/8/17 Texas

3 minutes ago, Tina Meinkowsky said:

/11/8/17 Texas

11/8/17 Oklahoma...Howdy neighbor!

Nov 21 on my 6 day of liquid diet and I️ haven’t been able to complete 1 day with out slipping up. :( super hard in a house we’re you still have to cook for everyone and not eat nothing.

From Jersey

42 minutes ago, Jayluv said:

Nov 21 on my 6 day of liquid diet and I️ haven’t been able to complete 1 day with out slipping up. super hard in a house we’re you still have to cook for everyone and not eat nothing.

From Jersey

You can do it! I think day 2 I wanted to die but after that was way easier. I'm a mom of 4 so I know how you feel! Hang in there it will be over soon!