Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this my new normal?

10 months out and stomach rumbles and gurgles like crazy and #2 is almost always loose no matter what I eat. I hope this changes some.:blink:

I am over a year out and I definitely have the rumblies in my stomach all the time. Doesn't matter what I eat. It's just that things aren't digesting fully so there's a lot more gas than usual. Also, I would get wet wipes for the bathroom. There's a lot of pooping going on and those help to calm down a little bit.

I would also suggest witch hazel pads for the sensitive bum

I rarely go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I pee, but nothing else. It will take your body a while to figure itself out.

Speaking of naming our new tummy, I named mine "PRISSY POUCH"!!

I had the Loop DS/SIPS surgery so maybe a bit different, but I rarely if ever get woken up to poop. I usually poop only once a day (pre-surgery I usually went once every 2-3 days) - it's soft but usually not at all uncomfortable. Occasionally if my Salad Dressing is too heavy or something I'll get the oil slick which is a bit gross but not unmanageable. Wet wipes help haha!

I still get the gurgles all the time but it hasn't been super awkward...yet.

I'm 3 months out and still eating very small meals - for example I had a Smart Ones for dinner and could only eat 1/2 of it. Fish works really well for me. chicken not so well. Ground meats are typically ok especially if they're moist. cheese is easiest and my favorite way of getting extra Protein is with Fairlife milk. I fortunately don't have a problem with dairy!

Edited by ebroms17

I am also a SIPS patient (they just don’t have a SIPS option on this forum)... since I moved to purées, things have quieted down a bit. I think I may have become a little lactose intolerant post surgery. I’ve been told that can change again, but for now, I think too much dairy was part of the problem. In those first weeks, my diet was largely dairy. I seem to be able to tolerate some dairy but not quite so much.

On 10/2/2017 at 8:09 PM, dsdesigna said:

Nothing that is happening to your body right now will be a new normal for you. It may have some similarities.

You maywant ant to steer clear of dairy for a few weeks. Loose stool is not uncommon but won't be a daily happening.

Rumbling stomachs are totally normal. I named my stomach George of the Jungle. It gets better. Hang in there

I also named my pouch. Let me explain where I got her name. My mom had a Quaker Parrot, she would like you one time and then the next she would tear you up!! So my pouch has part of her name!! PRISSY POUCH as her name was PRISSY BIRD!!! My pouch has a mind of her own. One time I can eat something and then the next time I try to eat it my PRISSY gets in a full PRISSY mood!! My pouch also rumbles like crazy. I am Lactose Intolerant since my RNY. I don't POO like before either. I always had "the back door trots" before my RNY, now I tend to go the other way. Which as bad as it hurts at times I really don't miss the other GO!!!

I get really loud rumbles - I'm 3 months out. I used to be a once-a-day evening pooper. Like clockwise after work at 6pm. Instantly after the surgery I became a once-a-day morning pooper - within 10 minutes of waking up. I hate it; I liked being an evening pooper. ANYWAY - your body is adjusting. You'll fall into a rhythm that works for your body, overall. Hopefully it doesn't mean continued middle-of-the-night poops!

As many before me said, you won't know your new normal until you're a ways out. Your body is still healing and figuring itself out at this point.

I'm almost 6 months out. My BMs are regular, but not THAT regular. You can't set a clock to them. I was kind of like that when I began though.

I am super gurgly though. No matter how slowly or little I eat, my stomach wants to butt in on the conversation. "HI I'M HERE! GURGLEGURGEGURGLE"

Yes stomach. No one asked you, but thank you for your input.

As many before me said, you won't know your new normal until you're a ways out. Your body is still healing and figuring itself out at this point.
I'm almost 6 months out. My BMs are regular, but not THAT regular. You can't set a clock to them. I was kind of like that when I began though.
I am super gurgly though. No matter how slowly or little I eat, my stomach wants to butt in on the conversation. "HI I'M HERE! GURGLEGURGEGURGLE"
Yes stomach. No one asked you, but thank you for your input.

I can see how much my body has changed since my original post. I no longer get up in the middle of the night and the beast within is a little more settled and quiet...it’s an ever changing process.

I had the Loop DS/SIPS surgery so maybe a bit different, but I rarely if ever get woken up to poop. I usually poop only once a day (pre-surgery I usually went once every 2-3 days) - it's soft but usually not at all uncomfortable. Occasionally if my Salad Dressing is too heavy or something I'll get the oil slick which is a bit gross but not unmanageable. Wet wipes help haha!
I still get the gurgles all the time but it hasn't been super awkward...yet.
I'm 3 months out and still eating very small meals - for example I had a Smart Ones for dinner and could only eat 1/2 of it. Fish works really well for me. chicken not so well. Ground meats are typically ok especially if they're moist. cheese is easiest and my favorite way of getting extra Protein is with Fairlife milk. I fortunately don't have a problem with dairy!

How much hv u lost? Had the loop done 11-14-17 and lost nothing for 2 1/2 weeks? What’s your stats please

I wouldnt worry too much - everyone is different and you could be holding on to a lot of Water weight after surgery. I'm just about 5 months out and I'm down 70 lbs - just hit onederland! I'm able to eat a bit more and my weight is slowing down but still moving in the right direction.

I wouldnt worry too much - everyone is different and you could be holding on to a lot of Water weight after surgery. I'm just about 5 months out and I'm down 70 lbs - just hit onederland! I'm able to eat a bit more and my weight is slowing down but still moving in the right direction.

Did you have the sleeve done at the same time as the loop? Or did you have it years prior then get a revision?